-454

You've always wondered if you could get pregnant by looking at really super realistic porn--like if you imagined it really intensely and "tricked" your brain into thinking that you had actual sex, thus making you start getting to be pregnant. amirite?

5 18
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Well due to the lack of sperm entering you... It's highly illogical that would ever happen...

@imnotasking Well due to the lack of sperm entering you... It's highly illogical that would ever happen...

Yah it's called a Hysterical Pregnancy, or pseudocyesis. It's not really common but it can happen and your body acts as if it's pregnant when there is no baby. In rare cases even men can have a hysterical pregnancy, it's often called sympathetic pregnancy when it happens to a man but it's the same thing. Although I doubt any type of porn would be able to trigger it since porn is generally with real people so I don't know how more "realistic" it could be made to the degree that you're convinced you actually had sex.

@ScottyD Yah it's called a Hysterical Pregnancy, or pseudocyesis. It's not really common but it can happen and your body...

But how does a baby start to form without another set of genes? Would the baby just e screwed up?

And it would only get half the chromosomes it needs, since it doesn't have a dad to give em the other half

@imnotasking And it would only get half the chromosomes it needs, since it doesn't have a dad to give em the other half

A hysterical pregnancy isn't real. The body goes through the changes associated with pregnancy like weight gain and nausea but there is no baby. You can't get pregnant without both halves of the equation, the body just thinks it's pregnant and responds accordingly.

OMG Yes! Except science, so no.

Chells avatar Chell No Way +14Reply

That's why I always wear a condom while masterbating. I don't want my computer to get pregnant.

You'd actually begin producing milk and your body chemistry would change to suit what would've been a pregnant female assuming the simulation is intense enough to trick you brain (which is possible), but you obviously won't have a fetus growing in your womb.

Hysterical Pregnancy... kinda hard to get pregnant without having sex....

The end is nigh, there are people who actually think this. Armageddon is approaching.

I just... No. Just no. I just don't accept this. Thank you. Now I have something to tell my future therapist. I... I... I'll be crying for humanity in this corner if anyone needs me.

Wow, that's fucking stupid.

I don't have a uterus, so that wouldn't make me pregnant.

Vitaes avatar Vitae No Way -2Reply
@Vitae Wow, that's fucking stupid. I don't have a uterus, so that wouldn't make me pregnant.

Men can have a sympathetic pregnancy. You gain weight, get nauseous and have back pains. Sucks big time.

@ScottyD Men can have a sympathetic pregnancy. You gain weight, get nauseous and have back pains. Sucks big time.

Well, I was being sarcastic, buuuut...

This sounds like it could be one of those excuses that religious grandparents tell kids so they won't look at porn... But it has scientific evidence, so it's still plausible... Hmm.

Vitaes avatar Vitae No Way 0Reply