+429

There's always been that fear in the back of your head that while resting on the inside of the car door during a long drive, it will suddenly open, you will fly out onto the road, and get splattered by an oncoming semi truck, amirite?

Joe_Larsons avatar Cars & Transportation
20 11
The voters have decided that Joe_Larson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

Godrics avatar Godric Yeah You Are +9Reply

Oddly specific...

When I was little the doors in the back of my mom's car would randomly fly open, so I was only allowed to sit in the front or in the middle seat in case it ever happened, and I always had to wear a seat belt. The car was eventually changed.

No it never has scared me, but thanks for that newly instilled fear! :D

...well there is now

That happened to my uncle a while ago...except for the whole get run over by a semi part

saratabas avatar sarataba Yeah You Are +2Reply

Yes, even when the door was locked and I was wearing a seatbelt.

FlyingMintBunnys avatar FlyingMintBunny Yeah You Are +1Reply

Final destination.

Nope, ever since I was a little kid and if there was a long drive I would just rest my head on the door and window without worry, and I will continue doing that as something you describe has not happened once in my 15 years and 7 billion trips across the country.

MrTies avatar MrTie No Way 0Reply

I usually try to avoid leaning on the door and I promise myself I won't do it the whole trip. 4 hours later I'm a little more tired and I convince myself it will be okay. Even then I check to make sure the door is locked like every 10 minutes.

CarolineGustins avatar CarolineGustin Yeah You Are -3Reply