+294

Once a driver reaches 60 years old, s/he should have to take a simple driving test every few years to make sure that s/he is still a safe driver. It would make the road a much safer place to be for all drivers, amirite?

vinnv226s avatar
0 16
The voters have decided that vinnv226 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I tried to say this in a speech I was giving in 4th grade but my teacher wouldn't let me. She said they already do it. She lied to me. I still don't know why she didn't want me spreading this opinion to others.

brunetterox915s avatar brunetterox915 Yeah You Are +15Reply
@1765461

Definitely, there are way too many people out there who've completely forgotten how to drive.

maybe a littler older. 70? My grandma is 67 and is defiantly still very sharp

StarshipRangers avatar StarshipRanger Yeah You Are +7Reply
@StarshipRanger maybe a littler older. 70? My grandma is 67 and is defiantly still very sharp

There are definitely people who are in their 60's, and even 70's and older, who are still good drivers. But, there are people in that same age rate who are a danger to everyone around them while driving. Those who are still good drivers wouldn't have a problem because the driving test would be quite simple.

vinnv226s avatar vinnv226 Yeah You Are +15Reply

Maybe it's just me, but right after I got my liscence I felt like I was driving a lot worse than I did when I still had my permit.

Graverottis avatar Graverotti Yeah You Are +1Reply

Did something happen to the original post? I swear I've seen this

@Ohuglybaby Did something happen to the original post? I swear I've seen this

Nope I swear I have too because I commented on it saying they DO do things like that. My grandpa goes and takes the driving test, then they give him like two years until he has to take it again.

It might have been on post that said old people shouldn't drive, because I remember arguments in the comments about age limits and extra tests and stuff.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are 0Reply

In Ontario everyone over 80 has to renew their license every two years. They have to take a vision test and a written test and, if they think you need it, they'll make you take a road test.

My 92-year-old great-grandmother had to renew her license... She can hardly walk around let alone drive but they said as long as her car has a horn and she has side mirrors she's good to go.

Infinitys avatar Infinity Yeah You Are -1Reply