+184

"Buzzed driving is drunk driving." No, buzzed driving is buzzed driving. Yes, they're both bad, but it's ridiculous to claim being slightly buzzed effects your reaction time and judgment as being completely sloshed. If buzzed driving is drunk driving, you shouldn't be allowed to blow under a point 0.080 and be considered not legally drunk. amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
1 37
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm deeply concerned to be sharing the road with everyone who voted yes to this.

Even if you're not "as impaired" you are still impaired, and the fact you realize you are and chose to drive anyways, you deserve the same punishment as a horribly drunk person.

@I'm deeply concerned to be sharing the road with everyone who voted yes to this. Even if you're not "as impaired"...

Same punishment? Sheesh... that's harsh. You're also slightly impaired when you drive frustrated, distracted, etc. Should those people get the same punishment as someone completely shit-faced going the wrong way down a one-way street?

mchristies avatar mchristie Yeah You Are +2Reply

They say driving while fatigued is as bad as driving drunk. Should people who are slightly tired be punished as drunk drivers?

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply

Completely missing the point.
The idea is that you have just as much of a chance of crashing being buzzed as you do being drunk.

@AdonisBatheus Completely missing the point. The idea is that you have just as much of a chance of crashing being buzzed as you do...

...But you don't. Hense: "it's ridiculous to claim being slightly buzzed effects your reaction time and judgment as being completely sloshed" so no, I don't think I missed the point, pretty sure I covered it.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +7Reply
@AdonisBatheus Any sources to this claim?

Why don't you google it so I don't have to? Or better yet, go drink a glass of wine and tell me how you feel. Then go drink 5 and tell me if you feel as in control as you did with one.

Seriously, go google "do you get more inebriated the more you drink". I'm doubtful you'll even get any results because no one has been dumb enough to ever ask.

If you were the same buzzed as drunk, you wouldn't be able to blow a 0.080 and walk with no criminal charges.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Frank_n_Furter Why don't you google it so I don't have to? Or better yet, go drink a glass of wine and tell me how you feel. Then...

1. I'm under the age and never plan to drink. I don't care about it "ruining my future", I just prefer to have fun being sober. Personal belief.

2. Google it? Google what? How do I Google that? Why can't you just supply the proper resource to your claim? Or did you just make this assumption based off of an improper experiment? Personal experiences =/= Facts

@AdonisBatheus 1. I'm under the age and never plan to drink. I don't care about it "ruining my future", I just prefer to have fun...

Google the things I told you to google in the quotations dip wad. OMG You're dumb.

Yes, it is an assumption that drinking more makes you more inebriated and less able to control yourself. Fucking idiot.

I almost never get pissed off at people here, but I just cannot believe how logic-missing you are. It pisses me off there are people like this.

@Frank_n_Furter Google the things I told you to google in the quotations dip wad. OMG You're dumb. Yes, it is an assumption that...

I did, no results came up. Way to resort to calling me stupid because you can't support a proper argument.

You also said, "I'm doubtful you'll even get any results because no one has been dumb enough to ever ask," so you also knew that I wouldn't find anything. I did Google it.

Oh great an assumption. Don't see why you implied that it was factual, then. Or are you admitting wrong now?

@ittybitty5537 Get a fucking life man.

Way off-topic. Can't support an argument then stop replying.
Insulting my lifestyle is just as useful as saying I type too slow when talking about how 2 x 3 = 6.

@AdonisBatheus Way off-topic. Can't support an argument then stop replying. Insulting my lifestyle is just as useful as saying I...

Nah dude, youre side of the conversation= you need to get a life. or a hobby. They already did support the argument. Can't tell if trolling, or just stupid.

@Nah dude, youre side of the conversation= you need to get a life. or a hobby. They already did support the...

Obviously trolling. He said buzzed and drunk are the same, then thought OP meant buzzed and sober are the same even after she explicitly stated otherwise, and doesn't believe that more alcohol makes you more drunk.

They didn't. Not a single source of information to prove their point.
If you want people to believe you, then CITE YOUR GODDAMN SOURCES.

But we both know that you're just trolling so why does it matter.

@AdonisBatheus They didn't. Not a single source of information to prove their point. If you want people to believe you, then CITE...

You do realize that there is a legal limit? Yes? And you do realize that you have to be above this limit to be arrested? This means that, according to lawmakers, you're judgement is impaired way more at 0.08 BAC than at 0.03. You are more drunk when you have more alcohol.

Brettward95s avatar Brettward95 Yeah You Are +15Reply
@ittybitty5537 You have to be joking.

Then prove me wrong?
I'm only questioning things. Is that bad?

@AdonisBatheus Then prove me wrong? I'm only questioning things. Is that bad?

Are you legitimately asking for proof that consuming increasingly larger doses of alcohol provides increased effects?

@Mike_Hawk That was never part of the argument, you idiot.

What started the argument:
"The idea is that you have just as much of a chance of crashing being buzzed as you do being drunk."
And thus it continued on. I assumed it was on that because the OP claims that buzzed driving isn't bad. And I'd like to see some sources for it.

@AdonisBatheus What started the argument: "The idea is that you have just as much of a chance of crashing being buzzed as you do...

The OP doesn't claim that anywhere. Nobody in this post ever claimed that buzzed driving isn't bad. The point OP is trying to make is that, while bad, buzzed driving isn't AS BAD as drunk driving.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

@Mike_Hawk The OP doesn't claim that anywhere. Nobody in this post ever claimed that buzzed driving isn't bad. The point OP is...

"...But you don't. Hense: 'it's ridiculous to claim being slightly buzzed effects your reaction time and judgment as being completely sloshed' so no, I don't think I missed the point, pretty sure I covered it."

This implies what I said. To me, anyways. I apologize I don't fit your view of a perfect human being. Terribly sorry for existing and raising myself as I see fit, truly I am. Heaven forbid people disagree with one another.

@AdonisBatheus "...But you don't. Hense: 'it's ridiculous to claim being slightly buzzed effects your reaction time and judgment...

No, it doesn't imply anything. It specifically states that buzzed driving is bad, but not as bad as drunk driving. You're a fucking idiot if you believe otherwise. There's nothing that has to do with my view of a "perfect human being". It's called being correct. You can't disagree with fact. Well, you can, but you automatically lose if you try to refute it.

None of the "citations" you quoted from ColeBowl's comments have anything to do with the idea that buzzed drinking is the same as sober drinking. In fact, ColeBowl did not mention sober drinking AT ALL. Although I don't think you should be driving buzzed, being buzzed does not have the same effect as being absolutely drunk. That's what the post was about, and that's what colebowl was talking about in his comments. I'm not sure what's so complicated about this . . .

Why don't you prove yourself right before you try to prove other people wrong.

When most people have just one drink they still feel perfectly fine. When people drink too much they throw up, pass out, can't walk, and can't even stand without help. This is not an assumption, this is based on personal experience (it has only happened to me once where I had trouble walking) as well as having to take care of people I know because they're dumb enough to not know when to stop.

I don't see how you think having one drink is the equivalent to having 6 for example.

Why did you even try to google it? All you had to do was ask someone who has drank alcohol before.

You asked to be prove wrong.

@user_of_interweb When most people have just one drink they still feel perfectly fine. When people drink too much they throw up, pass...

It's not about asking people, it's about getting sources that have experimented, recorded and studied the matter. Otherwise it could be complete bullshit. Honestly...

@AdonisBatheus It's not about asking people, it's about getting sources that have experimented, recorded and studied the matter...

I would consider myself a source, who has experimented with alcoholic beverages. I recorded it in my comment to you, and I have observed (sometimes known as studying) others who have drank excess amounts of alcohol.
I don't see how you can see the concept of drunk people compared to buzzed people bullshit

GUYS! Stop arguing. I made it home just fine tonight while buzzed driving. Piece of cake. smirk smilie

Personally I think you should have to blow closer to 0 to be legal, but that's because I hate drugs and alcohol more than anything in the world.

@chocolatecakeisbad Personally I think you should have to blow closer to 0 to be legal, but that's because I hate drugs and alcohol...

I know that if you had cough syrup or mouthwash soon before taking a breathalyzer, it will show up, so they have to have some kind of limit above 0 to give room for that possibility