+409

We'd all be fucked if anyone could edit Sparknotes, amirite?

mhch720s avatar
10 12
The voters have decided that mhch720 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The Adventures of Huck Finn was about the gay buttsex he and tom always had.

When do I get an 'A'?

__________s avatar __________ Yeah You Are +11Reply
@__________ The Adventures of Huck Finn was about the gay buttsex he and tom always had. When do I get an 'A'?

brrrrhrrrrrhrrrrrhrrrrr are there hot and sexy and steamy and creamy pictures of this buttsex between the two men here that you are talking about? brrrrhrrrrrhrrrrrhrrrr this book sounds sexy and amazing

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, but it's still amazingly useful.

@1525608

That's true. But Sparknotes obviously wouldn't let everybody make changes if they weren't planning on doing the same thing.

This happened to a person in my History class. The teacher called on this one girl to explain what had happened in a chapter of Siddhartha. The girl said something to the effect that Siddhartha had a homosexual relationship with Vasudeva. She was dead serious. God, it was hilarious!

Why?

@wobbuffet Why?

People use sparknotes to study so if somebody changes the story or plot or characters you would fail.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +4Reply
@SkylarOctavious People use sparknotes to study so if somebody changes the story or plot or characters you would fail.

But people don't just randomly deface articles on the internet for no reason. And surely if Sparknotes allowed user editing, they'd also employ a moderating team to protect against bad changes like that. Like the person above me said, Wikipedia is no less useful for letting people edit their articles. I don't see why it would be any different for Sparknotes.

@wobbuffet But people don't just randomly deface articles on the internet for no reason. And surely if Sparknotes allowed user...

A year or two ago when Wiki didn't find mistakes as quick, I changed stuff all the time for no reason other than to just fuck with people. And Sparknotes probably wouldn't have a great system right away for catching what's fake, it'd take awhile to catch things right off the bat.

Meagans avatar Meagan Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Meagan A year or two ago when Wiki didn't find mistakes as quick, I changed stuff all the time for no reason other than to...

There has never been a time when Wikipedia didn't "find mistakes quick". The longest you could keep something on was probably one minute and then it got removed.

True, very true I agree whole heartedly, but most things on amirite are not ment to be taken so seriously, and sometimes you just have to read the implications in between the lines you know

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +1Reply