+491

A movie takes 1-2 years to make, you spend about 2 hours watching and you probably know the names of the actors, producers and director. A song takes a few weeks to produce, you spend 3 minutes listening to and you probably know the artist who wrote and performs it. You spend about 10-100 hours playing a video game, and you have no clue who dedicated 2-4 years of their life making it, amirite?

AXiDEs avatar Games
26 34
The voters have decided that AXiDE is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1529834

I couldn't name you one person involved in my favorite game. It's different

10-100 hours? Bitch, I have 8 days on Black Ops.

@10-100 hours? Bitch, I have 8 days on Black Ops.

I saw someone with 94 days yesterday. And yeah, I've got about 13 days on that game.

@YeahIAm I saw someone with 94 days yesterday. And yeah, I've got about 13 days on that game.

You know at first I was embarrassed about making that comment, but your courage has inspired me to show my true face. And 94 days!?

Brettward95s avatar Brettward95 Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Brettward95 You know at first I was embarrassed about making that comment, but your courage has inspired me to show my true...

I know, it's ridiculous. The game has been out for less than a year which means he has spent about 1/4 of his time playing Black Ops since its release. That's 6 hours a day.

11 days on mw2...11 days I will never get back.

@Brettward95 11 days well spent.

Yeah. I would rather spent 11 days on mw2 opposed to 5 days on black ops. That game was so boring.

No I'm way to nerdy i usually look into it and am a pen-pal which 2 guys from Valve software..Sorry i just out-nerded your post

@1529742

It wasn't that great.

@1529742

I'm so glad to hear that.

Brettward95s avatar Brettward95 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Much more than 10-100 hours...

For video games, I like to know the director, composer, and voice actors. As for all of the others who worked on it... well, there are just far too many.

Imdb.com
Any time I see a movie I go there and look at all the info

Gary Newman, Markus Persson, Robin Walker, just to name a few.

Starcraft 2 ftw...

Just saying everyone knows Notch

It doesn't take 1-2 years to make a movie. Maybe one year for special effects, but it does NOT take 2 years.

@H14L11P It doesn't take 1-2 years to make a movie. Maybe one year for special effects, but it does NOT take 2 years.

Actually, movies often take a lot longer than that, especially in animation, but most of it is pre-production. For instance, Avatar took like 8, maybe 12 years? I forget exactly how long, but it was a ridiculously long time.

@GrammarGirl Actually, movies often take a lot longer than that, especially in animation, but most of it is pre-production. For...

Oh, I wasn't meaning in animation. I'm just saying that filming a movie (which requires the actors mentioned in the above post) doesn't take that long to make. Pre-production DOES take a long time. Depending on special effects, post-production can also take a hell out of a lot of time.
Shoulda been more clear, but that's what I took from the post. We remember actors and they take a couple months of filming. We don't remember animators though. And they are the ones who work especially hard for years.