+199

Life would be so much more easy if the elements were still just Earth, Air, Water, and Fire, amirite?

Batmans avatar
0 10
The voters have decided that Batman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Now THAT is a chart I can memorize!

Dannys avatar Danny Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Danny Now THAT is a chart I can memorize!

yeah and no one would be able to call water H2O =)

Batmans avatar Batman Yeah You Are 0Reply

Science would be easier, but not life, because without knowing all the elements then we wouldn't have all this cool technology that makes everything easier. :P

For example: silicon, used in computers.

@SalientK Science would be easier, but not life, because without knowing all the elements then we wouldn't have all this cool...

no we'd still have those things... we just wouldn't need to know that they're elements

@SalientK That doesn't make sense to me.

well when people thought the only elements were fire, water, air, and earth but all those other elements still existed we just didn't know... it's kind of like when people thought the world was flat but it wasn't... the world was round but we didn't know it... just because we don't know about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

@Batman well when people thought the only elements were fire, water, air, and earth but all those other elements still...

Yes, but if we still thought that the world was flat then navigation would be radically different. Likewise, without knowing the elements and how they work and interact, technology would be different.

you're right but I still think a lot of things about life could be made simple without all this technology... it would probably be less fun and people would probably dies sooner but I think we'd be able to appreciate things better which I think would make life better for us in the end... less things to complicate life makes an easier life

How would we make fire? Wouldn't we have to learn and discover matter to use elements? Also, there are many dangers. Germs, animals, obstacles. How would people even get born? WTF KIND OF WORLD IS THIS?

@How would we make fire? Wouldn't we have to learn and discover matter to use elements? Also, there are many...

meh, we'd live... "survival of the fittest" would be much more meaningful.