+975

Gentlemen, for the next 2-3 weeks the best pick up line at any bar is, "What's Call of Duty?" You can thank me at the bachelor party. amirite?

Pedo_Cats avatar
80 130
The voters have decided that Pedo_Cat is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The OP is assuming that I am able to talk to girls. Silly OP.

You think the guys on this site are gentlemen.. That's so cute.

@1537584

Only one is necessary.

@Rocky Only one is necessary.

*chin scratch

I'd think three is more appropriate.. But whatever, it's your fence.

@*chin scratch I'd think three is more appropriate.. But whatever, it's your fence.

if the fence were long enough,you could use it so that it is like however many fences you want!

@1537961

I like my sarcasm like I like my heart attacks.. Dead serious.

@1537490

Genuinely serious, yes..

I honestly think I'm the only guy in my school not playing it.
I'm using the hard drive from my PS3 in my computer, and I can't find a Mac port of the game, and I have never fucking been able to get an emulator to work.
Oh, and it costs...$70?
I'm not gonna pay that for one day of missions then get yelled at by 12 year olds for "being fuckin retarted dude!" because I don't spend every waking moment playing some shitty video game.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +75Reply

"I'd like to make this toast and dedicate it to Pedo Cat! Without him, I never would've been able to lie to my wonderful fiancée all those years ago. Thank you."

Wait...What the heck is Call of Duty?????

Woah, calm down ladies.

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +52Reply

Honestly, they keep on making a new crappy first person shooter video game like everyday.
Games like Legend of Zelda and Sonic The Hedgehog and Mario were the games I grew up with.
If I was a parent, I wouldn't want my kid to say he grew up with a game about killing people in a war.
MAKE THOSE GOOD CREATIVE GAMES AGAIN, AND NOT CRAPPY FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS.

@EpicFlameSword Yeah, but dude… Ocarina of Time > Skyward Sword

They're still making games though. Why should an entire market miss out just so kids can play things that already exist?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html

To quote this article, "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the greatest Zelda game ever created." Not that this is necessarily true, but how can you make a statement like that without having played the game?

It's not like Mario games have gotten worse with time, either: NSMB and SMG2 are every bit as good as the original 2D games, and SMG2 is very possibly better.

I'll admit that Sonic the Hedgehog has definitely gotten much worse recently, but it bothers me immensely when people act like games released during their childhoods are definitively better than any game that well come after them. Sorry for this douchey response though.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Courage_Wolf http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html To quote this article, "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is the...

well, I just don't like the new 3d Mario games and stuff, and I hate that too. But I just like the games even more because of childhood memories

I can objectively say that I like OoT more than TP without rosy retrospection. I didn't play OoT until I was a freshman in college. Is it still good? You bet your ass. However, the subject of your comment is Skyward Sword, which I have not played (has it even been released yet? I don't know.)

Mario games have gotten better, I agree. However, I don't like how they made NSMB for the Wii. It feels like taking the easy way out (however, I do own that game and love it.)

With Sonic the Hedgehog, I actually think that SA2B was the best one. I've heard good things about Sonic Colors and better things about Sonic Generations. Generations is actually on my birthday/Christmas list.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply
@eldorito I can objectively say that I like OoT more than TP without rosy retrospection. I didn't play OoT until I was a...

I also enjoyed OoT more, but that had to do with the level of content for the game. On an emotional level, I thought TP was more affecting, but OoT had a lot more going on. Part of the reason I made the comment is because the user was saying OoT was better than Skyward Sword before the latter had even been released.

NSMB Wii was one of my favorite Mario games in recent memory, truthfully. The level design wasn't that awesome, but I had so much fun playing multiplayer that it didn't matter.

I've heard that both of those are decent, but all the same I've never been a big fan of Sonic, I found it too repetitive and almost boring.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Courage_Wolf I also enjoyed OoT more, but that had to do with the level of content for the game. On an emotional level, I...

I've actually heard that multiplayer for NSMB Wii was painfully frustrating. I wouldn't know, though, because I've never played multiplayer on NSMB.

@EpicFlameSword Honestly, they keep on making a new crappy first person shooter video game like everyday. Games like Legend of...

Well, here's the thing. "Creative" games don't sell as well as fun games. No major game developer will spend their time developing "creative" games.

@YeahIAm Well, here's the thing. "Creative" games don't sell as well as fun games. No major game developer will spend their...

But creative games are way more fun. Then again, one person I know who only plays COD for video games tried playing a Zelda game once, and told me it sucked because he couldn't through a door. I said to him, "Was it locked?" His response pretty much sums up my lack of faith in humanity. It was, unbelievably, "Yeah! So?"

As such, a lot of people wouldn't find games where they have to do more than just 'shot'ut when it muves.'

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Emperorerror But creative games are way more fun. Then again, one person I know who only plays COD for video games tried playing...

Well, there is a reason for that. Video games are meant to be a way to relax and have fun rather than a way to challenge your mind. Besides, all of the puzzle-type games have all the answers online. When you know that at any moment you could go look up the answer, the game loses its appeal.

Perhaps if game developers put the same budget into "creative" games as action games, they would compare in levels of fun for me. But that is not the case.

@God_the_Almighty Than get a puzzle book. PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks for throwing some perspective in my face, God. I needed the reality check.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are +1Reply
@a_fetus Some people like to relax by challenging their minds.

But most people don't. And game developers market towards the majority, not the minority.

@YeahIAm But most people don't. And game developers market towards the majority, not the minority.

Yes, that's certainly the case (though any business also uses advertising to convince potential buyers that they want something). I kind of wish more people preferred creative, mind-challenging games so more of those would be developed, but then again I'm not willing to spend time and money on several different games.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Emperorerror Call of Duty and other shooters aren't exactly relaxing.

True, I guess that's the wrong adjective. Perhaps entertaining works better?

@YeahIAm True, I guess that's the wrong adjective. Perhaps entertaining works better?

But it doesn't have to be "z0mg there's a dude fire!!!11!!one!" Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some shooters, but there are a lot more types of games than just the aforementioned jizz and shoot that are entertaining.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Emperorerror dude, fire

It's really all opinion. Some people like CoD, some don't.

@Brettward95 It's really all opinion. Some people like CoD, some don't.

I know that. I was discussing that in fact, I wasn't arguing that people didn't.

@Emperorerror dude, fire

Oh, there's supposed to be a comma there. Anyways, I guess where we differ in game choice. Hearing a teammate shout "z0mg there's a dude fire!!!11!!one!" is pretty fucking entertaining.

What matters, however, is that the majority side with me. I'm not saying that so it will make my opinion seem more legitimate, but that is the reason the high budget games are mostly shooters.

@YeahIAm Oh, there's supposed to be a comma there. Anyways, I guess where we differ in game choice. Hearing a teammate...

I know that. I'm not arguing against you, I'm simply stating my personal opinion. I enjoy some shooters. However, I also enjoy other games. That was my main point.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are -1Reply
@YeahIAm Umm... what's a dude fire?

Ever heard of gonorrhea? Yeah.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are +2Reply
@a_fetus Ever heard of gonorrhea? Yeah.

Yeah, that's some sort of STD... May I ask how this has anything to do with the argument?

@YeahIAm Yeah, that's some sort of STD... May I ask how this has anything to do with the argument?

Oops. That was supposed to be a reply to Emperorerror's "what's a dude fire?" comment. My bad.

Well, LittleBigPlanet was on of the best creative and original video game ideas i've seen for a long time

@EpicFlameSword Well, LittleBigPlanet was on of the best creative and original video game ideas i've seen for a long time

There are definitely some creative games found on the Wii because parents don't want kids playing most of the action games.

That being said, MW3 sold so many more copies already in the three days it has been out than Little Big Planet has ever sold.

By the way, I own that game... Not a fan of it, or anything else that is played with Wii controllers, though... I'm a controller kind of guy.

I wouldn't have a problem with my kids playing war video games, if I had any. I just don't like Call of Duty.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Emperorerror I wouldn't have a problem with my kids playing war video games, if I had any. I just don't like Call of Duty.

As a COD fan I hate to admit this, but COD is pretty much the same as any other war game in terms of mindlessness and violence. Why are other war games different?

I couldn't lie to them.

@I couldn't lie to them.

Get off your phone, I'm trying to watch the play.

@Make me.

IMPOSTER!

@IMPOSTER!

Let's not do this.

@Let's not do this.

You're a liar.

@You're a liar.

Another fail anon conversation..

Albert_Einsteins avatar Albert_Einstein Yeah You Are +17Reply
@Albert_Einstein Chauncy, again?

It wasn't Chauncy last time.

@Albert_Einstein Oh?

I don't like using "fail" as an adjective, the same way I don't like saying "epic" and "totes mcgee" and "jelly".

@Get off your phone, I'm trying to watch the play.

Why did you bring your computer to the theater?

@Me neither.

I could.

You just have to hope that the party whom the line is being used on knows what CoD is. Otherwise, you'll just get an "I don't know. What is Call of Duty?" Then you'll have to be careful not to get into some thirty-minute rant aboot how huge an impact the game has had on the gaming because chances are the girl will just leave after you've reached the five-minute mark, and you'll have already become so encompassed by such an ignorant remark that you won't even notice her departure until you finish.

I like Animal Crossing.

Roys avatar Roy Yeah You Are +27Reply
@1537538

Animal Crossing has a train h smilie

Roys avatar Roy Yeah You Are +18Reply
@1537538

I like turtles.

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +10Reply
@1537538

I enjoy trains also

@1537538

Did anyone else read
"I like trannys"?

@Did anyone else read "I like trannys"?

Your subconscious is trying to tell you something...

@Jules Your subconscious is trying to tell you something...

Is it French fries...?
I bet it's French fries.

@Did anyone else read "I like trannys"?

I have a strange feeling you're alone I that one.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Roy I like Animal Crossing.

Hi! I'm tommy, i'm 8 and I like firetrucks! They go fast!

That's how you play Call of Booty.

I would so marry him right on the spot. Loljk.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +8Reply

Works great at parties too!

On that note, one of the best ways to get some tail will be to show them Skyrim.

If a girl isn't cool enough to play COD with me, she isn't cool enough to be dating me.

@Says the guy who is probably single.

Anon is talking to himself...wtf?

Pedo_Cats avatar Pedo_Cat Yeah You Are 0Reply

FIFA 12 is were its at.

@DandyLion FIFA 12 is were its at.

F-Females
I-Ignored
F-For
A-Another

12 Months

Patrick_Stars avatar Patrick_Star Yeah You Are +15Reply

Arkham City, on the other hand...

i don't get it :(

@BananaTontaBajista i don't get it :(

Girls generally like guys who don't play video games much, so if you go up to ne and act like youdon't know about the current most popular game, thye will like you, if only by comparison.

What's Call of Duty...ladies?

i don't get it :(

But the best girls are the gamers!

A Call of Duty is an alert, command, or summoning to a person which signifies that their services, typically in war, are needed at the present moment or soon thereafter.
How would someone not know this, much less be turned on by it?
IM SICK OF ALL THE NOOBS ON THIS SITE. GAAHHGHGH

Not me cuz im a gamer grl <3

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are -14Reply