+286

For people who can't handle scary movies: It really sucks because you know some of them are really good, but you're missing out on an entire genre simply because you can't watch them. amirite?

Splashs avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
4 7
The voters have decided that Splash is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The only thing that I can't handle about scary movies is when something pops up out of nowhere, like "GOTCHA BITCH!" I can handle gore and I love suspense. But that shit just ruins scary movies for me.

calebs avatar caleb Yeah You Are +6Reply

And for those of us who can handle scary movies, it's fun to show freaky/gory parts to those who can't and watch them freak out.

Can someone please tell me how you can not handle scary movies?
The only movie that gave me lasting psychological damage was "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas", a shitty awful movie about a dead young innocent boy. And that was only because I had to watch it with my parents and sit there while it...happened.

@1539693

Yeah, that's it. Kinda hard to explain. Like you see something scary, and you can't stop thinking about it, and it scares you... for a while...

@Ram27 Can someone please tell me how you can not handle scary movies? The only movie that gave me lasting psychological...

It's pretty much a paranoia thing. It's difficult to understand it unless you experience it. And that's funny. I hate scary movies, but I lasted through Boy in the Striped Pajamas..

broadwaygleeks avatar broadwaygleek Yeah You Are +1Reply