+282

The Hunger Games movie did a pretty good job of making Katniss' actress look like a normal girl before her makeover. amirite?

fangirl12s avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
2 49
The voters have decided that fangirl12 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's weird, the actress they chose looks nothing like how I imagined Katniss, but she's still an awesome Katniss.

NitaCallahans avatar NitaCallahan Yeah You Are +14Reply

i just watched the trailer like 50 times
it looks amazing goo smilie

@ilikefurrywolves4815 i just watched the trailer like 50 times it looks amazing

I fangirled all over the place when I watched this. I'm so pumped for it :D

TheSuperLurs avatar TheSuperLur Yeah You Are +6Reply

PRIM IS EXACTLY AS I IMAGINED HER.

I have been waiting so long for this movie. I am both incredibly excited, but also a tad worried that they are going to mess everything.

Soups avatar Soup Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Soup I have been waiting so long for this movie. I am both incredibly excited, but also a tad worried that they are...

hmm i hope that doesn't happen D:
i heard suzanne collins wrote the screenplay for the movie so we should be good :D

@fangirl12 In what way did Mockingjay suck?

It paled in comparison to the other books.

For example. Finnock, an amazing character who was built upon through catching fire and part of Mockingjay. His death might as well have been "and then Finnick died."

@mchalla3 It paled in comparison to the other books. For example. Finnock, an amazing character who was built upon through...

I kind fo liked that they did that. It was about war and suffering. In war, especially in horrible countries like that, not every death is memorable. Not every great person goes out with a bang. The fact that it ended like that just further illustrated the point.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@fangirl12 I kind fo liked that they did that. It was about war and suffering. In war, especially in horrible countries like...

I see what you are saying. That actually makes a lot of sense. But the problem is, there was little to no reflecting on Katniss's part about Finnick or his family. No 'i feel sorry for his fatherless child", no " gee, it must suck to be Annie", and no "oh my gosh i lost a dear friend". I just found it a little unrealistic.

@mchalla3 I see what you are saying. That actually makes a lot of sense. But the problem is, there was little to no...

For Katniss, and the situation she was in, I think it was about right.
Katniss has had to surpress her emotions in times like this before and she was in the middle of a mission, not a lot of time to grieve. Katniss is also pretty unsentimental, so yeah, she'd feel like crap (to put it lightly) but she'd probably trying not to let her emotions get to her so she doesn't become a problem for everybody else on the mission and by the time she had time to grieve, she was too upset about Prim. Finnick was a friend, but when she has to do something, she's pretty good at supressing her feelings. Except in certain cases with Peeta, but she was in love with him, of course she's going to freak out more than she would with other people. (except Prim, Prim's number one to her).

@fangirl12 For Katniss, and the situation she was in, I think it was about right. Katniss has had to surpress her emotions in...

Alright, fair enough. But there was still one other thing that really got to me. I personally didn't like how Mockinjay waswritten. It honestly did pale in comparison to the other books. Hunger Games was brilliant. Catching Fire was brilliant. Mockingjay? Not so much.

@mchalla3 Alright, fair enough. But there was still one other thing that really got to me. I personally didn't like how...

I agree. The first half of it was really gripping but the ending itself really disappointed me. I kind of pictured a happier ending... or something where Katniss could still feel emotions, and was still her old self, kind of as a reference to the first book. She had such a great character and I kind of expected it to reach some sort of height of character development at the end, but instead she kind of died on the inside... I dunno, the whole tone of it was just kind of dreary and numb. Especially how she basically felt like she was obligated to spend the rest of her life with Peeta, and there wasn't much emotion beyond that.

@I_Predict_A_Riot I agree. The first half of it was really gripping but the ending itself really disappointed me. I kind of pictured...

I felt like something just didn't feel right when i read the book. I can't put my finger on it, but something was missing.

@I_Predict_A_Riot me too... I think because in Mockingjay it felt like Katniss lacked her usual character, you know?

I think Suzanne Collins was attempting to show that even though the Capitol lost power, its effect on people still remained?

@I_Predict_A_Riot yeah, makes sense. I gotta reread it, it's been a while

same. But to be honest, I still can't wait until March 25 :D

@fangirl12 25? the movie comes out the 23.

Oh. Whoops. That's probably ,e getting the movie confuzzled with a huge project that's due in march.

@I_Predict_A_Riot omg me neither, I'm sooo excited

I have seen the trailer about 15ish times, and I still get chills at the part where it's the final countdown.

I think it's because in Hunger Games, it focused more on katniss's actions, not feelings. But in mockingjay, that's ALL it focuses on. How katniss feels about gale and peeta. How katniss feels about the people in 13. How katniss feels about the capitol. I just don't really care about her feelings that much, you know?

Cheflefties avatar Chefleftie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Chefleftie I think it's because in Hunger Games, it focused more on katniss's actions, not feelings. But in mockingjay, that's...

that makes sense! Except in an odd way it makes her character a bit more confusing... I gotta reread it, haha

@I_Predict_A_Riot that makes sense! Except in an odd way it makes her character a bit more confusing... I gotta reread it, haha

Yeah, i haven't read it in a while. But I read HG eleven times, so I think I'm good. =)

The thing I don't like is that Katniss was supposed to have olive skin, and I'm pretty sure Gale was, too...

But overall, it actually looks pretty good, and fairly accurate to what I pictured(:

I'm pumped! MARCH 23, 2012. I'll definitely be there! :D

jykjlw2s avatar jykjlw2 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@jykjlw2 I'm pumped! MARCH 23, 2012. I'll definitely be there! :D

That's my twin and me's 18th birthday.
Can you say, awesome present?

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I've refused to watch the trailers so far, but I'm glad they didn't completely mess her up!

@PartyPat I've refused to watch the trailers so far, but I'm glad they didn't completely mess her up!

Why have you refused? and to be honest, the weirdest thing they did was make Haymitch blond.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +12Reply
@fangirl12 Why have you refused? and to be honest, the weirdest thing they did was make Haymitch blond.

I know right? I was just like, "Wait, THAT'S Haymitch?". I don't think he looks enough like a slobbering drunk, I so saw him all hobo-esque wearing dirty, oversized clothes and a super scruffy beard.

Soups avatar Soup Yeah You Are +20Reply
@Soup I know right? I was just like, "Wait, THAT'S Haymitch?". I don't think he looks enough like a slobbering drunk, I...

Today in the hallway at school my sister, my friend and I were indignantly like, "He doesn't look drunk enough!" and we got a couple weird looks.
I saw him with darker hair, a scruffier look, older looking. He looks too sober!

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +16Reply

Only because I'm still enjoying reading the books once more, so I don't want my vision of them ruined yet :)

@PartyPat Only because I'm still enjoying reading the books once more, so I don't want my vision of them ruined yet :)

I can't edit the post on my phone, but I also wanted to add the I always imagined haymitch as blonde... Despite the descriptions of him, but unless he also looks like a complete drunk, it won't be like my vision.

I thought she said she had deep caramel skin?

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are 0Reply

she was supposed to be black/ Middle eastern, right? I think they should've grabbed the girl from the remake of true grit, but this actor is fine.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1543867

So, if they made Harry Potter where Harry was Asian, Ron was black and the rest of his family was Mexican, that'd be fine?

Or if they made Katniss played by a boy?

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@fangirl12 So, if they made Harry Potter where Harry was Asian, Ron was black and the rest of his family was Mexican, that'd...

I think Rainbows is talking about nitpicky stuff like how Katniss's backpack is supposed to be bright orange, but it is black instead.

I think they chose bad actors.