+407

One of the worst parts about a movie being made about one of your favorite books is that once you see all the advertisements and trailers, and actually watch the movie, you start to forget what you originally pictured the characters looking like when you read the book, amirite?

jessica23s avatar
13 19
The voters have decided that jessica23 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ugh . The Hunger Games . Dammit Josh Hutcherson .

WonderfulSayAs avatar WonderfulSayA Yeah You Are +9Reply
@WonderfulSayA Ugh . The Hunger Games . Dammit Josh Hutcherson .

Plus, the fence that Katniss has to get through to hunt , was so short she practically jumped over it in the trailers .

The Hunger Games. No one really looks how I pictured them.

sansas avatar sansa Yeah You Are +7Reply

When I first read the Harry Potter books, I pictured Snape as the tall green mean guy from the Powerpuff Girls tv show. I have no clue why.

@UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm When I first read the Harry Potter books, I pictured Snape as the tall green mean guy from the Powerpuff Girls tv...

When the third movie came out I flew into a rage because Lupin had a mustache, and it never said he did in the books.

Looking back I have no idea why 9-year-old me would get so upset over facial hair. These days I actually quite like his mustache.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +8Reply

I refuse to look at the trailers/ ads for The Hunger Games, because I don't want my view of the characters to get messed up
Which is kind of weird because I never imagined them with faces... It never seemed weird while i was reading the books, it's just that when people ask me what I imagined them looking like, I can't get a face in my head.

@PartyPat I refuse to look at the trailers/ ads for The Hunger Games, because I don't want my view of the characters to get...

The thing about faces happens to me all the time, too! I know what they don't look like, but not exactly what they do, so everyone thinks I'm crazy. xD

@Jayzee Does that mean you won't watch the movie either?

No, I'll watch the movie, but until then I can keep my faceless ideas of the characters safe :)

I hated the Percy Jackson movie. I only watched it because my friend made me. I also refuse to watch the Hunger Games or even the trailers. It will not happen.

THG..their accents sound super weird. I thought only people from the Capitol had accents

Jayzees avatar Jayzee Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Jayzee THG..their accents sound super weird. I thought only people from the Capitol had accents

I didn't notice anything particularly strange about the way anyone spoke... just Effie, and she's from the Capitaol.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are 0Reply

Percy Jackson, let's be honest, no one pictured him as being black.

yay_im_wrongs avatar yay_im_wrong Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1542470

Oh yeah, i was referring to Grover, not percy

Hunger games trailers have gotten the settings and katniss perfect for me....but haymitch and cinna are all wrong