+486

Everytime you try to tell your parents a funny thing that your friends did or that happened to you, they turn it into a life lesson, amirite?

Infinitys avatar
15 11
The voters have decided that Infinity is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

For me it usually ends with an "are you sure you want to be friends with this person?" Can't a person make a witty comeback without being a bad influence?

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +22Reply

My parents dont really say anything they just look at me like umm ok WTF? as if I'm the strange one, can you believe that so I just walk away feeling a little deflated. Then they wonder why I never want to talk to them, it's because we just dont relate you know.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +4Reply
@SkylarOctavious My parents dont really say anything they just look at me like umm ok WTF? as if I'm the strange one, can you...

You really should develop a better relationship with your parents. They're going to be there for you no matter what, and blood is thicker than water, as they say. You may think your friends understand you better than your parents do, but in the end family is what matters.

I hope this advice will stick with you for the rest of your life.

Infinitys avatar Infinity Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Infinity You really should develop a better relationship with your parents. They're going to be there for you no matter...

My Mom is the same as his parents. She's uninterested in anything I have to say, I can't build a relationship with her if she doesn't want it. She'll always be there for me of course, but we won't have a relationship.

"Jess, that's why it's a bad idea to lay a Bible, Torah, Book of the Dead, and Quaran on your atheist biology teacher's desk."

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +1Reply

It's even worse when they start yelling at you like you did it... "MOM, my friend Alice was high, NOT ME. Stop yelling!!"

@1543354

I dunno, I never listen, because I'm a rebel.