John_MacTavishs avatar
0 26

Can I kill a mosquito while driving or do I just have to let it bite me?

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +6Reply

Unfortunetly, that would additionally include changing the radio, turning up the heater, etc.

It's not illegal to masturbate and drive hello smilie

DarthJaders avatar DarthJader Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1545394

Well obviously passengers can smoke just like passengers can use their cellphones now.

@1545770

More so there is plenty of controversy towards smoking in general than in the car but I was specifically referring to the relatively recent law that made it illegal in many places to "do things that are distracting" while driving giving police much room for a broad interpretation of what they deem a distraction. I was merely saying that smoking while driving should be encompassed within the spectrum of things you can't do because it's a distraction.

@1545873

Other than the already passed distracted drivers law I don't know of any in the process

That is a very good point.

As one of like 5 smokers that are on this site, it's definitely one of the least distracting things you can be doing while driving.

@boogier As one of like 5 smokers that are on this site, it's definitely one of the least distracting things you can be...

There is no difference between how distracting it is to smoke in the car and talk on a cell phone in the car, I would know for both. Both put your mind on other things and distract you from the task at hand. Aside from having to flick outside the window your also releasing a drug into your system that delays reaction time and can give you a euphoria-like high. I'm almost a pack a day and I know it should be illegal while driving, your either not a smoker or an idiot.

@There is no difference between how distracting it is to smoke in the car and talk on a cell phone in the car, I...

I'll rebuttle this then.

I'm not completely disagreeing. I do think it would be better for people to not smoke while driving for obvious reasons. However, I think stating that there's equal distraction for smoking and talking on a cell phone is not even close to reasonable. Smoking barely takes focus, you don't have to constantly pay attention to it, you're not (typically) thinking about it, and you can still hold the smoke with both hands on the wheel (for brief amounts of time). Whereas with a cell phone, you have to pay attention to the conversation and respond, and you have to hold it in your hand (I'm assuming we're arguing holding the cell phone, not blue tooth or anything).

As well, I don't know many people who past their first week of smoking, still get a high from it. At least I didn't past the first week. Only when it's been a day or so of no smokes do I get a little light headed from it. And as for delayed reaction time, I've never noticed this, but maybe it's just a subtle thing you don't notice, I can't really say.

Anonymous