+513

Africans have the best drinking games... Like 'the last one to find water dies,' amirite?

deeviants avatar Life
126 25

I'm going to hell for laughing.

Not all Africans live in poverty, and not all people who live in poverty. /Please/.

@Not all Africans live in poverty, and not all people who live in poverty. /Please/.

Really? I wouldnt know. What with LIVING IN AFRICA and all.

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +4Reply
@deeviant Really? I wouldnt know. What with LIVING IN AFRICA and all.

I didn't know that until now. But that makes even more surprising for you to say something like that in your post. Generalisations are a pet peeve of mine.

@I didn't know that until now. But that makes even more surprising for you to say something like that in your post...

Who the fuck said anything about generalisations? Did I say "All africans live in poverty and die daily as a result of no water. amirite?"? No. I made a joke.

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +2Reply
@deeviant Who the fuck said anything about generalisations? Did I say "All africans live in poverty and die daily as a...

You did kind of make a generalisation by using the term 'Africans'. I do find this slightly funny but also living in Africa I must say I find these jokes are getting a bit old and lead people who do not live in Africa to believe we all live in poverty with lions of our doorsteps. Just wanted to add my opinion :)

@http://sickipedia.org/joke/view/1144279

For all you know we do actually play games like that and sikipedia took inspiration from it.

This is fucking hilarious.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +3Reply

You're disgusting.

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1678097

Apparently it does mean that I have a sense of humour though...

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1678102

I'm sorry it reminded you of shitty things, but the reason things like dead baby jokes, or rape jokes, or racist jokes are so funny is because they're so offensive and making fun of something almost sacred. If you don't like jokes like that, then ignore them. A lot of people do.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1678107

Its still Africa, and there is still loads of sad stuff that we see every day, but why get bogged down in the misery of it all? If you cant laugh then you really have nothing left to live for.

@1678121

Be sure to include the one I just posted in your sweep, you reminded me to post it.

@1678124

If I ever need an official title, I think that's going to be it. "The Girl Who Takes Mirror Pictures." Lofty.

@1678121

Hey Im not the one that went onto YOUR post hating and raging and insulting where you live knowing FUCK ALL about your life.

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1678107

Then don't associate with any of those people. But what's the point of talking down to a stranger and judging them based on a joke?

@1678101

The point of humor is that nothing is off-limits. If every time someone got offended, we stopped telling jokes, there would be no more jokes.

@1678104

Then by all means if a friend of yours makes a joke like that in front of you, tell them not to do it around you anymore and that it makes you uncomfortable. There isn't all that much you can say to a complete stranger, however, so you'll need to learn how to ignore it, you know?

oh, wow, a dying african joke! good one!
you dont realize that jokes like this desensitizes us from the severity of the starvation/lack of clean water issue. when we hear about "starving kids in africa" we dont really think about it cause its become a joke. but if we took it more seriously, maybe more efforts would be made to do something about it? go ahead, say i have no sense of humor. youre not the one dying.

Anonymous