+261

Teachers-especially social studies teachers-don't realize that Wikipedia is now way more reliable now that the articles are fact checked. amirite?

Blucatts avatar
5 8
The voters have decided that Blucatt is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I changed the article on Franklin from Peanuts to say Charles Schulz died from a velociraptor attack and it was fixed in less than a day.

MartellusBosss avatar MartellusBoss Yeah You Are +15Reply

I can understand where they're coming from though since anyone can edit it. A lot of times, random things on smaller articles with less traffic can stay there for a while.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +8Reply

I think they know that, but they don't want everyone going to Wikipedia. They want us to spend time looking up other resources,

It's not the fact that it's reliable. It's the fact that it's not authoritative. Wikipedia is a good place to start, but don't cite Wikipedia.