+117

Americans: you thought Boxing Day was a day dedicated to the sport of boxing, amirite?

Favvkess avatar
3 39
The voters have decided that Favvkes is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I thought it was where everyone buys a giant television, throws it out, and uses the box and IMAGINATION to imagine they were race car drivers.

I just didn't know what the heck it was

Wo wo wo! Do Americans not have boxing day? :O

I thought it was a reference to the amount of boxes left over from the day before.

weird my Canadian friend always said he hated boxing day but i assumed it was for boxing (sports) wth o.o

Predys avatar Predy Yeah You Are +1Reply

Basicly, originally (victorian times) somone would come around the houses with a box and peeps would put money in for people who didnt get presents. But now it's just a bank holiday were everyone can relax after christmas(which includes eating all the left overs :P) Its nothing special but just a nice extra break :)

it was. people are insane lmao

I have never heard of it. What is it?

@Brettward95 I have never heard of it. What is it?

We celebrate it here in South Africa too (as do most ex and current common wealth nations.) Basically its just an extra public holiday where we meet up with family that we missed on xmas and eat all the leftovers.

a bank holiday or something in Europe. or maybe it's just England?

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Favvkes a bank holiday or something in Europe. or maybe it's just England?

It's basically where everything is on sale. The decrease of price is tremendous. I always assumed Americans had Boxing Day as well. At least, that's how it is in Canada. I'm sure it's the same in Europe...

@CanadiaNDP It's basically where everything is on sale. The decrease of price is tremendous. I always assumed Americans had...

We have Black Friday, which is where all the crazy money-saving people in America gather together in great masses to buy Christmas gifts at low prices. That's like the Boxing Day you're talking about.

Madies avatar Madie Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1568444

yeah! thanks!

Even though it's not an "official" American holiday, my neighbors still have a party.
It's where everyone brings their left overs from Christmas, amirite?

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are -2Reply
@goodtime Even though it's not an "official" American holiday, my neighbors still have a party. It's where everyone brings...

Here, in Canada, it's just like Black Friday but it's the day after Christmas. Except now Boxing Week sales have become really popular too. It's a good holiday if you like huge discounts and freezing. It's probably celebrated differently in other places.

since when do americans not have boxing day