+1,328

You were born too late to explore new lands. You were born too early to explore space. You were born on time to explore the internet, amirite?

105 105

One day I'll tell my grandchildren about a time when the internet was uncensored and users roamed free within its borders like majestic lions across the grasslands. I'll tell them how we had to type things out instead of using the neural links implanted in our brain stems, how we had to scroll down through dozens of menus, both ways, with a stalled connection to find what we wanted, and I'll remind them that children these days are so ungrateful. I'll tell them how we had programs that connect you to another user across the world and let you talk about your different experiences, and when they ask me if I ever saw anyone's dick between the philosophical debates I'll laugh and find a clever way to avoid answering, because the elderly are entitled to their secrets. I'll complain about my carpel tunnel and advanced arthritis in both thumbs, and at thanksgiving I'll remind them to be thankful for mind upload text. I'll keep my dear old friend, my laptop, on a shelf beside the grandfather clock, where it will gather dust because it's been broken for years and the parts are no longer made, and the children will stare at it in wonder and marvel, "The screen really does fold up!"

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +158Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig One day I'll tell my grandchildren about a time when the internet was uncensored and users roamed free within its...

I knew you posted this before I read your name cause it was a long story and you have a thing for those /i'macreep.

PurpleMonkeyss avatar PurpleMonkeys Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1572377

You NEVER skip a FlyingGuineaPig monologue..

@1572377

Tl;PR(partly read)
Basically I just skimmed it.

Well I'm an Internet Explorer, so...

Wait for at least a few days before you copy from Memebase.

@Wait for at least a few days before you copy from Memebase.

You have to let the article ferment so we get that robust flavor that we are looking for.

Why would you wait until no one is talking about it... that's like watching the new epic film two years after it came out... it will no longer be exciting talking about it.

@1572662

Did you see the newest episode of The Powerpuff Girls?

DarthJaders avatar DarthJader Yeah You Are +6Reply

I fear the time when our grandchildren want us to tell them stories about our adolescence and childhood...
"So yeah, that whole summer pretty much I just commented and read on amirite.net. Oh my god, what a great website that was."
"You didn't hang out with anyone?"
"What? I hanged out with the internet, that's how it was done back in the 2010s, you see."

@1569504

Myspace can be the new antarctica

DarthJaders avatar DarthJader Yeah You Are +13Reply
@WideAwake What are bebo and Facebook then

Alaska. As in, some people go there but not many.

DarthJaders avatar DarthJader Yeah You Are 0Reply

I was born in time to have Google explore te Internet for me.

God_the_Almightys avatar God_the_Almighty Yeah You Are +15Reply

/credit memebsae

AppAwesomes avatar AppAwesome Yeah You Are +12Reply

WAIT A SECOND YOU GUYS... I think this was on Memebase.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +12Reply
@ctiscooler WAIT A SECOND YOU GUYS... I think this was on Memebase.

WAIT HOLD THE FUCK UP ...I do believe the very first comment says Memebase. What could that possibly mean?!?

@1572606

Stop trying to be funny. -_-

What about cyberspace? troll smilie

@amiritesucksnow What about cyberspace?

Augh, I was gonna say that angry smilie

Stop raping the POTD doggy-style with comments! troll smilie

TinyNinjas avatar TinyNinja Yeah You Are +3Reply

We're not too late to explore Skyrim.

Honestly, be original.

@Lord_Wakko Honestly, be original.

Said after multiple comments had previously stated it was from a different source.

POTD fail.

Well, the actual post is a fail. I love the saying.

The fact i can't explore space makes me sad :(

@Handsy The fact i can't explore space makes me sad :(

The fact I can't explore you makes me sad :<

The fact that you're sad makes me sad

Psh, who needs real life exploring when we have Minecraft?

@1572421

Maybe she stopped for a while because everyone was making fun of her.

This is bullshit. This post has multiple people saying it's from memebase, yet it's not made anon. But my POTD gets anon'd. That's fucking stupid.

/angry bitching

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1572608

Ok! ... [ ]
There you go, best I can do.

@1576694

oh i didn't know that.

I'll explore your internet

DarthJaders avatar DarthJader Yeah You Are +2Reply

The internet has Google Earth, thus allowing me to explore far off lands, and the internet is often called cyberspace, so in that context, exploring it is actually exploring space. Beat the system, best generation to be born in!

@1572407

Impossible. Indiana Jones is the epitome of virility.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1572382

You could even say you're Indiana BONES troll smilie

I guess you can call me Internet Explorer AOL

Guys im so OCD right now, someone yeah you are this so that it can be 1000 yeahs

adizzleshaws avatar adizzleshaw Yeah You Are +1Reply

feels bad man

IF YOU'RE GONNA STEAL FROM OTHER WEBSITES, GIVE CREDIT.

Holy shit..

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are 0Reply

Poor Kid. Posted Anonymously.

@Poor Kid. Posted Anonymously.

It wasn't originally posted anonymously, it was changed to be so by a mod because the post is stolen from memebase.

This is from Memebase...

I'm going to go with the general trend here and call out the repost. Hmm. Here it goes. DAMN YOU OP AND YOUR CONVALUTED WAYS!

This is from Memebase, actually...

Eww POTD.

AppAwesomes avatar AppAwesome Yeah You Are -3Reply

I like where I'm going in life right now, but if I lived a few centuries earlier I could've been an explorer and died happy.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are -6Reply

The best of all.

EpicFlameSwords avatar EpicFlameSword Yeah You Are -7Reply

Saying that a lot of people on this site are 16-23 I don't see how we were born to early to explore space when they had already sent people to space before some of us were born

@Saying that a lot of people on this site are 16-23 I don't see how we were born to early to explore space when they...

I think OP means going to other planets, galaxies, etc. I wouldn't exactly count going up to the space station as exploring space, and we sent a grand total of 12 people to the moon almost 40 years ago. Woop de doo.