+342

Even though its very highly unlikely, its a bit scary to think that everything we've learned about our history could be wrong. Not like 100 years ago history, but way farther back, like when the first civilizations started popping up in Africa. I mean, think about it. The Egyptians might have developed technology that was either equal to or superior to ours, but had something happen to them that made them lose it forever, and we'd be none the wiser, amirite?

God_the_Almightys avatar Philosophy
14 16
The voters have decided that God_the_Almighty is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think you of all people would know

ASWCCs avatar ASWCC Yeah You Are +40Reply
@ASWCC I think you of all people would know

He probably does. God likes to be a dick sometimes and screw with our minds.

I lol'd extensively when i got this joke!

I was thinking about this literally just yesterday in my AP Euro class. What if we're teaching this to kids, and we'll never know that we're actually completely wrong? Or that we're saying things that are untrue about certain rulers, philosophers, and other people that were important? It's really weird to think about.

mmadalynns avatar mmadalynn Yeah You Are +5Reply
@mmadalynn I was thinking about this literally just yesterday in my AP Euro class. What if we're teaching this to kids, and...

Exactly. We teach what we THINK they did. How do we know anything for sure? We don't.

Its so interesting to me.

bad example, but cool idea

@flordeluna bad example, but cool idea

Sorry, that was the only thing I could think of at the time.

Says the deity who rained Egypt with ten plagues.

Ancient Aliens are responsible for this technology.

Why is there a group called "Philosophy" and a group called "Observations and Philosophies?"

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are 0Reply

The Greeks during Alexander's time had a simple steam engine.