+307

To deal with bullying we need to do more than try and stop it. We need to help kids deal with getting their feelings hurt. Schools can't protect people forever, amirite?

sighcantthinkofanames avatar
4 10
The voters have decided that sighcantthinkofaname is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I agree completely. This cradling of bully victims has made it acceptable to be a sissy. And here's what I would implement:

If any portion of a student body sees a student harassing or bullying another student and it's obviously not just playful teasing, all surrounding students, including the victim, are given the power and encouraged to go ahead and beat the shit out of the bully. I'd like to see anyone bully someone else after that.

LamWins avatar LamWin Yeah You Are +16Reply
@StickCaveman Exactly. We need to promote self defense because bullying will never stop.

I agree as well. Usually, when someone tries to defend him or herself from a bully, the victim is the one to get in trouble for their attempt at self-defense.

The New Jersey bullying law is awful I've known people who were having bad days and had an angry look on their face. They looked at a kid and it was called intimidation and a huge investigation occured. People are wimps these days.

There IS point when it has gone too far. One of my best friends is gay and he gets shoved into the mud at least once a week because of that. How the hell do you find that acceptable? He has tried to get help but few care about it and he isn't the violent type. He has tried everything he can but there is nothing for him to do.

@o_o_MARSH There IS point when it has gone too far. One of my best friends is gay and he gets shoved into the mud at least...

I'm not saying that we should just stop trying to stop it. That's absolutely awful, and I do think it's possible to stop physical bullying.
I was mainly reffering to this program at school where a grown woman explained how she started her eating disorder after a friend made a joke about her weight. The friend didn't know he was doing anything really wrong, so it's hard to do anything to stop it.

@sighcantthinkofaname I'm not saying that we should just stop trying to stop it. That's absolutely awful, and I do think it's possible to...

That is a perfect example of overreacting, I must have taken it the wrong way. I have just been stressed over trying to help him. I am sorry.

@o_o_MARSH That is a perfect example of overreacting, I must have taken it the wrong way. I have just been stressed over...

Understandable. I'm lucky enough to go to a school and live in an area where most people are very tolerant. I can't imagine having to watch a good friend go through that. Good luck to both of you.

we dont need to help kids deal with bullying. i know im going to get hate for this, but kids should know to just ignore it, or fight back. if they seriously get mad at you when you call them retarded once, then they are a retard for taking offense

names avatar name No Way -2Reply