+644

Santa has run out of coal this year, so all the naughty children will be receiving Nickelback albums, amirite?

LordThundercunts avatar
75 84
The voters have decided that LordThundercunt is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Whats so bad about nickelback?

OFWGKTAs avatar OFWGKTA No Way +37Reply
@OFWGKTA Whats so bad about nickelback?

I think it's just a running joke, at this point.

@OFWGKTA Whats so bad about nickelback?

thats what ive always wondered. i like em' because each time they release an album its more of the same. that sounds bad but because of it theyve kept their original target audience all the way back from like their second album. they release consistent, decent music and i dont have to worry about them going off the deep end like linkin park. whats wrong with that?

@really?

I think they are fine. Is it because they're Canadian?

@OFWGKTA I think they are fine. Is it because they're Canadian?

its not because they're Canadian, its the fact that they try to appeal to rock fans, like the real rock, only they didn't pull it off so therefor Nickelback's campaign is annoying and cliche.
They have the same guitar riffs, simple chords- nothing spectacular
nasaly vocals that make him sound like he's blowing his nose

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those douches that sit and diss bands all day with insulting hyberboles. This is my honest opinion in a non-exaggerated way. Nickleback, in conclusion, is not that great. Not that bad, but not that great.

@its not because they're Canadian, its the fact that they try to appeal to rock fans, like the real rock, only they...

Well Nobody is praising Nickelback like they're fucking gods, but they do have good songs. they don't try to appeal to rock fans, if you look online, their genre is post-grunge and alternative rock.
Personally, I like only two of their albums. All The Right Reasons and Here & Now.
I'll give you the guitar riffs and simple chord part.
but you have to admit, that Chad Kroeger can sing bro, if he tried. He sang the theme song to the spider-man theme song, did ya know that?
Not trying to be controversial or anything.
Opinions are opinions, eh? thats just mine on yours.
I'd enjoy the new Nickelback CD in my stocking, Juss'Sayin'

Are you kidding me? The same guitar riffs and simple chords?

You obviously have never heard of Blink 182.

@They mean that Nickleback has the same guitar riffs and simple chords.

Yes. Blink 182 fits that exact description--which, following his logic, makes them a potential candidate of being a horrible band as well.

@But there's a difference between good and bad.

No shit Don. My whole point is that simple chords and riffs make NO difference. It all depends on the music.

If you don't like the music--just say you don't like it. Don't try to make up an excuse like "Oh, the rhythm and the harmonies sound off. The chords sound so simple." You can literally play 100+ songs just using 4 chords. Chord progression is irrelevant.

It annoys the hell out of me when people try to turn their personal opinion into an ostensible fact. They're self-assertive assholes who don't deserve an opinion. And that's not my opinion--that's a fact.

@WillAkana No shit Don. My whole point is that simple chords and riffs make NO difference. It all depends on the music...

"It annoys the hell out of me when people try to turn their personal opinion into an ostensible fact."

"They're self-assertive assholes who don't deserve an opinion. And that's not my opinion--that's a fact." No, that's an opinion. You basically just did the exact thing you complained about in your previous statement. Just pointing that out.

I actually agree with you about your main argument, though.

@Brettward95 Blink 182 is a good band.

If you want some crazy guitar riffs, listen to Born of Osiris's album The Discovery. They are a metal band though so if you're not into it you might not want to listen. But their guitar riffs are amazing nonetheless.

@Brettward95 Blink 182 is a good band.

I never said they weren't.

Javvies avatar Javvie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Javvie I never said they weren't.

Blink 182's fanbase is a good fanbase.

@Javvie I disagree.

I guess we've met different fans.

@Brettward95 I guess we've met different fans.

Maybe. The one's I've met have all been raging scene kids.

Javvies avatar Javvie Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1610884

sHuT tHe FuCk uP bItCh BlAcK vEiL bRiDeS iS tHe BeSt bAnD eVeR!!!!!!111!!! uR jUsT jEaLoUs Of aNdY sIxXx'S sUcCeSs!!!!11!1 DaMn CoMmUnIsT!!1!!1!!1!!! HOW DARE YOUU!1!!1!!!!111!!1

This is POTD 20 days after Christmas....why?

@wobbuffet This is POTD 20 days after Christmas....why?

There was a POTD 182 days after the American Independence Day:
http://amirite.net/613779

So uhh... why not? If shops and grocery stores can decorate their buildings during Halloween, I think it's okay this POTD is 346 days early.

@Sun There was a POTD 182 days after the American Independence Day: http://amirite.net/613779 So uhh... why not? If...

This POTD is like a grocery store waiting for Thanksgiving to put up Halloween decorations. Presumably Anthony still plans POTDs well in advance. The timing of this one just seems weird to me.

I don't quite understand why people hate on Nickelback so much. I mean, yeah the vocals aren't great, but it's the same with a lot of singers these days, right? Also they have really great lyrics if you actually listen. You can tell that they put a lot of thought into the words that they sing, unlike around 90% of singers these days.

Cydonias avatar Cydonia No Way +26Reply
@Cydonia I don't quite understand why people hate on Nickelback so much. I mean, yeah the vocals aren't great, but it's the...

And also the fact that they don't rely on auto tune unlike almost half the people these days.

AnnDeevas avatar AnnDeeva No Way +42Reply
@AnnDeeva And also the fact that they don't rely on auto tune unlike almost half the people these days.

Definitely not half. I'd put money on less than 1% of artists using autotune. It's really not that common outside of "radio music".

Javvies avatar Javvie Yeah You Are +7Reply

Really great lyrics...

Yes, sex is always the answer, it's never a question
'Cause the answer's yes, oh the answer's yes
Not just a suggestion, if you ask a question
Then it's always yes

Yeah, yeah, yeah
(Yes)
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah

S is for the simple need
E is for the ecstasy
X is just to mark the spot
'Cause that's the one you really want

My 12 year old brother can create a more meaningful song than them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, (yes)

I listened to Nickleback before they were-- Oh wait. I listen to Nickleback.

I bought a Nickelback album a month ago. I want my nickels back. d smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +17Reply

I guess I'll be bad then.

Studies show that Nickelback CD's burn 1,000 times more efficiently than coal. It's not because he ran out of coal. It's because he's becoming environmentally friendly. Good work, Santa!

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +12Reply

inb4 debate on bands similar to Nickelback and their value in terms of this POTD

If people actually hate Nickelback because "they make shitty lyrics and music" , then why the hell is no one hating Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry etc? ... It's just a stupid trend, that everybody has to get into.

@Brettward95 Many people hate them.

A fad [trend] is any form of behavior [hating Nickelback] that develops among a large population [many people] and is collectively followed with enthusiasm for some period, generally as a result of the behavior's being perceived as novel in some way.

@A fad [trend] is any form of behavior [hating Nickelback] that develops among a large population [many people] and...

Your point? I was telling BrimDream that many people hate the people she was talking about. I wasn't saying many people hate Nickleback. You're comment=invalid

@1610447

You're not supposed to slap the trollface on every sarcastic joke that you make. Learn2meme

@You're not supposed to slap the trollface on every sarcastic joke that you make. Learn2meme

I know, sir/madam. The world and the people in the world are fucked up, and some take a simple joke too seriously. Better to stay on the safe side.

@Kashish I know, sir/madam. The world and the people in the world are fucked up, and some take a simple joke too seriously...

And for you, Kash: un smilie for even comment-whoring your own POTD. No, I'm not letting you live this down. hehe smilie

Their new stuff sucks... I miss the old, tolerable Nickelback /:

MaryKateBurnetts avatar MaryKateBurnett Yeah You Are +4Reply

lmao I actually got a post of the day okay I FEEL ACCOMPLISHED

LordThundercunts avatar LordThundercunt Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1610835

lol who pissed in your cornflakes?

LordThundercunts avatar LordThundercunt Yeah You Are +5Reply

and the ones that like nickelback get justin bieber.

beinganonymouss avatar beinganonymous Yeah You Are +2Reply

What if I ask for coal?

@Clementines Then you're weird.

At least when you burn coal you get fire. Burning Nickleback albums just melts them then makes a weird smell.

I'm seein Nickelback for the second time live this summer and the last time I saw em they put on a really kick ass show. Idgaf what y'all think, I LOVE ME SOME NICKELBACK!!!

Nickeback would make the children cry. But atleast they wouldn't be growing up with Eiffle65 or Aqua.

JamesDs avatar JamesD Yeah You Are 0Reply

no, they'll get justin bieber albums

Nickelback is the cause of face cancer ok wat omg lol.

@Nickelback is the cause of face cancer ok wat omg lol.

I don't understand your emotions in this comment.
First of all you state your opinion with a pointless "ok" at the end.
THEN, you insert a "wat" as if you don't know what you meant by your own comment.
Afterwards, you insert "omg" since apparently, you were shocked by what you said.
Finally, you placed an "lol". I highly doubt that you would have laughed out loud at something related to cancer, no matter how messed up you may be.
If we were actually ever to have a zombie apocalypse, I bet the zombies wouldn't even noticed you. They're hungry for brains, something you may be lacking.
If you thought my comment was "mean" then I apologize if I offended you in any manner.
Rant over.

Wait I changed my mind, Nickelback made my butt fall of because butt rabies

LordThundercunts avatar LordThundercunt Yeah You Are +1Reply

omQ I know who you are eue

and no, it's Chad Kroeger himself who causes face cancer </69

LordThundercunts avatar LordThundercunt Yeah You Are -14Reply
@1587997

no omQ his hair looks like super noodles

LordThundercunts avatar LordThundercunt Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1588970

So's the sun. Want to kiss it? :3

LordThundercunts avatar LordThundercunt Yeah You Are +14Reply
@LordThundercunt So's the sun. Want to kiss it? :3

No matter how hot I am, I'm never kissed. I've just gotten to the conclusion that people think I'm fake, even though I KNOW I'm a real star!

yes. i would love to kiss the sun, and cuddle it after sex.

@1587997

Chad Kroeger looks like the Paddle Pop Lion.