+234

People always assume that when a poor person says that junk food is cheaper, they're talking about McDonald's, but what they really mean is that unhealthy food like Ramen ($.17 a piece) and canned vegetables ($.80 a piece) are a lot cheaper than fresh fruits and vegetables and organic, grass-fed beef: and when they're feeding three kids, those unhealthy alternatives are a lot less expensive than healthy food, amirite?

0 6

What is the point of this point? I don't get it.

I get this post, but ramen isn't really unhealthy as such, it's more just not nutritious (: But healthy food is usually cheaper. Here in England, a pack of six apples is around £1.50, but a pack of six chocolate bars is double that. Don't even get me started on the price of granola bars!