+367

Homer Simpson completely ruined the use of Homer as an intelligent name, amirite?

Sqwanchos avatar
0 14
The voters have decided that Sqwancho is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

When I hear the name Homer, I think of the Iliad, not the Simpsons.

@Neverwhere When I hear the name Homer, I think of the Iliad, not the Simpsons.

I do too, but I'm afraid to use it because it seems like many people associate it with the Simpsons.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1594130

Me too. It's kinda my thing. XD

@1594690

Mostly Greek, actually, but a little bit of Norse. I do adore all types of myth, though, so I'll read anything you throw at me. And what about you?

@1594911

I'm not big on Roman, the gods were too... angry, I guess. I like a lot of stories, but my favorite is probably the one where Artemis turns the guy into a stag and has his own hounds kill him. She's my favorite goddess, such a badass.

@1594911

What's your favorite story/god?

@1595534

Hmm. I was never big on Hades, or heros. I prefer the gods and their incest. And it really depends on the book. I dislike Percy Jackson, but I looooove American Gods. How did you get into myths?

@1595902

I never really got into Percy Jackson. I mean, I enjoyed the books, but I felt like they weren't as accurate as I'd like. I also get annoyed with the people who think they know Greek mythology just because of Percy Jackson. And I've pretty much been reading the myths since I could read. I'm not sure why/how I started but I've always loved them.