+576

If two people could read minds, and they read each other's mind, they would be reading their own minds, amirite?

B10ckH34ds avatar
43 35
The voters have decided that B10ckH34d is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

MINDCEPTION

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +15Reply

ragestache

ASWCCs avatar ASWCC No Way +15Reply
@ASWCC ragestache

what's that?

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -3Reply
@ASWCC http://www.ragestache.com/view/comic/9832

HOLY CRAP THAT SITE IS AWESOME!! My life is gone. Will be on ragestache all day for the next few weeks...

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -1Reply
@AtheisticMystic That site IS awesome!

I'm not sure if I should thank him for introducing me to the Spartz Network, or hate hum for effectively flushing my social life down the toilet.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm going to use trains for this. Okay, so there is Person A and Person B. A's train goes to B, but B sends the train back to A. The train will be going in a circle without stopping which means there aren't any thoughts happening at all. A and B will be "hearing" nothing. Let's say a random thought came in, so let's go with "green." A thinks of "green" and so the thought goes to B. B reads "green" and A is already thinking of green. Nothing is happening because they're both thinking of the colour green. I wouldn't call that mind reading since they're both just thinking of the same thing.

CanadiaNDPs avatar CanadiaNDP Yeah You Are +10Reply
@CanadiaNDP I'm going to use trains for this. Okay, so there is Person A and Person B. A's train goes to B, but B sends the...

But see, there's two thoughts at once. So let's scythe second thought is blue. So through sending things back and forth and having thoughts of your own, both trains will have blue and green.

@mchalla3 But see, there's two thoughts at once. So let's scythe second thought is blue. So through sending things back and...

So after the thought of blue, both A and B are thinking of blue and green. The trains are moving, but they aren't moving anything. A starts off with green, so green is now in A. Green is now on the train to B. Now both A and B are thinking of green, so let's just say that green was split. Only when the thought of blue is brought up is actual mind reading happening. What happened to green will happen to blue. Nothing will change now because blue and green are in both A and B. I see what you're saying though, but I believe that once a thought is in place, it sticks there since they're both reading each other. You are saying that green and blue gets off on A, leaves to B, then goes back to A, and so on.

CanadiaNDPs avatar CanadiaNDP Yeah You Are 0Reply

But then they'd just be reading that they're reading each others minds.

@deeviant But then they'd just be reading that they're reading each others minds.

But when you read someone's thoughts, you think what that person is thinking so that you know what he is thinking. Thus, when two people read each others mind, they effectively read their own minds. Mindception.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +4Reply
@B10ckH34d But when you read someone's thoughts, you think what that person is thinking so that you know what he is thinking...

They don't have thoughts if they're thinking eachothers thoughts. Their thoughts would be the other's thoughts which would become their thoughts which become the other's thoughts and so on.

Well, they would be thin
Ksdurhfskydgrghsdrbgkserfjusergfbrhfue I give up. explodes

Would they not hear anything? Since they're both concentrated on each other's minds, no thoughts would occur.

@1624444

It's a hypothetical situation.

Thats like...dividing by zero, man.

they would get a big migrane

JadeNeZZs avatar JadeNeZZ Yeah You Are +1Reply

Heroes!

PrettyKittys avatar PrettyKitty Yeah You Are +1Reply

"oh SNAP, i just read my own mind"

I imagine it would be more like when you put a microphone next to the speaker to which it was linked.

That's cool. Steal stuff from other sites and then pretend like you didn't know about the other site. Really clever there sir.

@UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm That's cool. Steal stuff from other sites and then pretend like you didn't know about the other site. Really clever...

@Umm
Are you suggesting that this idea is so unique that the only reason anyone would think about it is if they took it from somewhere else?
Because I'd have to disagree, about half the people who've ever thought about mind reading have considered what would happen if two people read each other's mind simultaneously.

Believe whatever you want. I'm not familiar with every site on the internet, nor am i omniscient like you. I was talking to my friend about telepathy, super powers and stuff, and this came up. Even then, I thought of it.

@B10ckH34d Believe whatever you want. I'm not familiar with every site on the internet, nor am i omniscient like you. I was...

How the hell am I omniscient?

It just seems odd that is the exact same wording as was on the website.

@UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm How the hell am I omniscient? It just seems odd that is the exact same wording as was on the website.

It's exageration. And there is a 33.3% chance that what i wrote is the same wording as on ragestash. I picked that wording because that is what i said in the conversation.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply

This isn't where I originally saw it, but this is where it came up in Google. It was posted November of last year, whereas this post was from four months ago.

http://weknowmemes.com/2011/11/...philosoraptor/