+671

Abstinence only education is just like "hold it" potty training. amirite?

fEMMAnists avatar Education
48 158
The voters have decided that fEMMAnist is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Partly, yes, except that people need to pee to get urine out of the system, but one does not need sex to live.

@Nacklefoodle Partly, yes, except that people need to pee to get urine out of the system, but one does not need sex to live.

Actually you are entirely wrong. Someone does not need to pee to get urine out of the system. You could hookup a tube to the bladder filtering out the pee into a bag, and then disposing the bag and replacing it when its full (like how they do it in hospitals). And with out sex there is no reproduction, ending the human race, meaning that we NEED to have sex to essentially "live".

@DandyLion Actually you are entirely wrong. Someone does not need to pee to get urine out of the system. You could hookup a...

No, I know about catheters, but that's not quite an option is it? An average person does not just think "Oh I don't want to use my 1 little muscle it takes to force pee out of me, I'll just shove this long tube through my urethra even though it's one of the most uncomfortable things to experience". No.
People pee because that's how nature made it, catheters are only there if the natural way of peeing is blocked in some way, because otherwise one would die because as I said, one needs to pee to get pee out.

Having sex does not let a person live any more than abstaining does, because sex provides nothing vital to the body. Pee, on the other hand, is the important removal of toxins in the blood, one that every single person has and needs. Two comments above, "@1614864 (BobWilson):" I explained your human race thing.
People have lived whole lives without sex. People have not lived whole lives without peeing (or using catheters if they need to).

@Nacklefoodle No, I know about catheters, but that's not quite an option is it? An average person does not just think "Oh I don't...

"...sex provides nothing vital to the body." Well that's just not true. There are actually many mental and physical benefits to having a healthy sex life.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Nacklefoodle Benefits =/= vital. Get a dictionary.

Well I don't know about you, but I'd say maintaining health is pretty fucking vital.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Nacklefoodle Right. Because without regular sex you'd die.

You can remain alive without optimum health, but so what? Why is it such a horrible thing to admit that sex can improve your QUALITY of life?

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Cuban_B You can remain alive without optimum health, but so what? Why is it such a horrible thing to admit that sex can...

ono smilie

Okay, since you're either a bit slow or very lazy, here:

vi·tal Adjective /ˈvītl/
Synonyms: essential
1. Absolutely necessary or important; essential
2. Indispensable to the continuance of life

@Nacklefoodle Okay, since you're either a bit slow or very lazy, here: vi·tal Adjective /ˈvītl/ Synonyms:...

It's always much better when people can have a discussion with no one stooping to insults or name calling.

Anyway, my dictionary came up with

vital |ˈvītl|
adjective
1 absolutely necessary or important; essential : secrecy is of vital importance | it is vital that the system is regularly maintained.
• indispensable to the continuance of life : the vital organs.
2 FULL OF ENERGY; LIVELY : a beautiful, vital girl.
3 archaic fatal : the wound is vital.

I'd say that sex is full of energy and provides something lively to the body.

and I did all that without a single needlessly concescending remark!

@MrRite It's always much better when people can have a discussion with no one stooping to insults or name calling. Anyway...

Yeah, sex is healthy. That's not the argument here, is it though?

"Vital" is not, I repeat, "healthy". They are different words. With different meanings. This is like the fifth comment I'm writing that's saying this, because yet again the counterargument is "but sex is healthy in THIS way and in THIS way". It IS healthy.

@Nacklefoodle Yeah, sex is healthy. That's not the argument here, is it though? "Vital" is not, I repeat, "healthy". They...

No, dude, you got rude when you started picking at the exact meanings of the word "vital". Now that you've been proven wrong, you're trying to change what it was you said. That doesn't work.

@MrRite No, dude, you got rude when you started picking at the exact meanings of the word "vital". Now that you've been...

Nacklefoodle won a LONG time ago. Even before it started, and especially when he brought up the fact that all virgins would be dead if sex was vital.

The argument is about whether or not sex is vital, and so the definition is incredibly important and not only semantics.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Courage_Wolf The argument is about whether or not sex is vital, and so the definition is incredibly important and not only semantics.

It was originally about whether or not sex "provided anything vital to the body," not sex being vital itself. It just snowballed from there. :/

@Cuban_B It was originally about whether or not sex "provided anything vital to the body," not sex being vital itself. It...

I'm referring strictly to the argument Nacklefoodle was in and not the general argument the post brings up.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are 0Reply

Okay, what was the initial argument? Please, I would love it if you'd show me how I've been proven wrong.

This is my initial argument: "Partly, yes, except that people need to pee to get urine out of the system, but one does not need sex to live." And I actually think I'm still defending that, and nothing has been changed.

I agree with Nacklefoodle. Sex isn't vital to a human life to create it yes but they have been many people to live their entire lives without having sex, it may have caused them not not be a happier or as livelier as you so put it but it ISNT NEEDED. to be able to rid your body of waste whether it be forcibly or natural is NEEDED!!!!

My apologies if you found my responses rude. I get a bit cross when I need to repeat a statement multiple times, yet to hear the same exact illogical response.

@Nacklefoodle My apologies if you found my responses rude. I get a bit cross when I need to repeat a statement multiple times...

In other words, "When people don't immediately admit that I win, I ignore whatever their logic is and I get mad and start name calling"

Look, I really don't want an argument here, but the fact is that you started an argument over semantics. Like Courage Wolf said, the original argument was whether or not sex provided anything VITAL to the body, so ALL definitions of vital need to be taken into account. By one definition of the word, yes, sex DOES bring something vital to the body. Full of energy or lively. Whatever the definition is, you started throwing insults about needlessly just because you didn't want to admit you were wrong in this case and that's just not cool. I've said what I need to say. I don't think I wanna spend any more time on this as I really don't want this to turn into a full blown argument.

@MrRite In other words, "When people don't immediately admit that I win, I ignore whatever their logic is and I get mad and...

And lol, why would I say peeing is vital and sex isn't, if I'd meant vital as "full of energy"? Why would anyone ever argue that peeing is more energetic than sex? I was discussing pure necessity.

I hate debates like this. There's nothing controversial or interesting to debate; you two are just misunderstanding a simple term. It's like, If I'd said "I'm not gay" and you two would argue that I am gay, because I was acting happy. No. I didn't mean that, and you know I didn't mean that. I meant peeing is vital/necessary/needed/can't live without it. I meant that sex is NOT those things. And you two went on to describe how it's healthy, which is irrelevant.

Okay since you're an asshole, here: having sex can boost your immune system. That's VITAL to helping your body to fighting off infections. Have regular sex with and climaxing with your partner releases chemicals in your brain VITAL to maintaining a happy monogamous relationship. The list goes on but seriously dude just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you have to be such a fucking dick about it.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Cuban_B Okay since you're an asshole, here: having sex can boost your immune system. That's VITAL to helping your body to...

ono smilieono smilieono smilieono smilieono smilieono smilieono smilieono smilieono smilieono smilie

"Lifting weights can build muscles. Muscles are necessary to move limbs and stuff. Limbs and stuff are needed to live. Therefore, by this flawless logic, lifting weights is fucking vital for every person in the world."

No.

I realise sex has benefits. I know that! EVERYONE, I think, knows that! This is about the word VITAL which means ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY AND YOU CAN'T FUCKING LIVE without it. A heart is vital. Sex is not vital.

Eating bananas is healthy. Can you live without them? Yes. Therefore, they're not vital.

Sex is bananas.

@Cuban_B You're just mad because sex is vital.

hmm smilie Is that so? Explain to me the existence of virgins, then. If sex is vital, a human cannot possibly live without it, so all virgins would die.

@Nacklefoodle Is that so? Explain to me the existence of virgins, then. If sex is vital, a human cannot possibly live...

Given your penchant for insolence, I stopped taking you seriously. Thus my nonsensical reply. Please stop talking to me, I'll do the same.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B Yeah You Are -7Reply
@Cuban_B Given your penchant for insolence, I stopped taking you seriously. Thus my nonsensical reply. Please stop talking...

That's the most awful way to end an argument. Nothing has been settled.

If you can't handle a single use of "the F word" why do you even bother going on the internet. I only use it for exaggeration, since caps don't work very well.

@Nacklefoodle That's the most awful way to end an argument. Nothing has been settled. If you can't handle a single use of "the F...

I swear like a fucking sailor, that's not the problem. What bothers me is unnecessary rudeness. You insulted me immediately. I don't do that when I speak to people (even on the internet) and I expect the same in return. The argument is over. I won. I also looked up the definition (with your kind suggestion) and I looked up synonyms. I was correct in my usage.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B Yeah You Are -8Reply
@Cuban_B I swear like a fucking sailor, that's not the problem. What bothers me is unnecessary rudeness. You insulted me...

You haven't won just because you think you're right. I think I'm right as well.

Do you really think being synonyms is enough to make both adjectives always apply?
For example, I'm mean. Synonyms for mean: base, vile, poor, low, stingy, sordid, average, shabby, middle, medium
But I'm not shabby. I'm not average. I'm not stingy.

Same here, sex is healthy, it provides some health, but it's not vital as it's not 100% necessary.

But sorry for the insults. I'm in a bad mood. Finals, what can you do.

@Nacklefoodle You haven't won just because you think you're right. I think I'm right as well. Do you really think being synonyms...

My original point was that you were mistaken when you said sex doesn't provide anything vital to the body, not that sex itself is vital. If I drink a glass of orange juice I'm giving my body essential nutrients, am I not? Will I die if I don't drink it? No, because I could just take some vitamins supplements or somehow get them elsewhere. Same with sex. Sure you can abstain but sex reduces stress, lowers blood pressure, provides exercise, and people who orgasm frequently are said to live longer. (Just to name a few.) Now a person is able to receive most of these benefits from many other ways, definitely. But that doesn't change the fact that sex still does provide these things which are vital to your overall body health which, again, was my point. And it's kind of funny how you went off on that tangent about synonyms when you yourself provided them as your dictionary definition in your earlier comment. Just saying. Anyway I hope you understand my point.

But, you do not NEED to pee to get the urine out of the body, there are other ways.

And sex does not help people live longer, but it does keep the existence of humans last longer, which is pretty important. So sex is necessary.

How would they teach abstinence anyway? "You shouldn't have sex. Play cards or some shit".

@Brettward95 How would they teach abstinence anyway? "You shouldn't have sex. Play cards or some shit".

No no it's more like, "sex is the most evil, vile thing in the entire world. You should wait to do it with the person you love."

lolwut smilie

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +20Reply
@God_the_Almighty That's why it's ok to murder your wife!

From the source!

Give me a moment, I need to go hide a body.

But you'd better not do any weird stuff with the body afterward--you're not married at that point.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are 0Reply

I went to a catholic all girls school that taught abstinence only sex ed, they just taught us about pregnancy and stds, and not contraception. They taught us that we should wait until we are married and save yourself for your husband, and not to give into any urges.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +3Reply

Ha ha "You're a naughty baby and that's concentrated evil coming out the back of you!"

Are there still schools that teach abstinence only education?

@ilikefurrywolves4815 Are there still schools that teach abstinence only education?

I live in Florida, and I learned it that way in my public high school. Not like anyone listened, of course.

My school taught us that way. It's in Michigan, and I think many other schools in the Midwest do as well.

shelbyam118s avatar shelbyam118 Yeah You Are +16Reply
@1599956

Sterling Heights, Utica school district.

shelbyam118s avatar shelbyam118 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@MusicalXMolly Hey fellow UCS kid! Lol

Which high school are you at?

shelbyam118s avatar shelbyam118 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@MusicalXMolly Eisenhower

Cool, my friend goes there. Charlie Myers; don't know if you know him. I was at Ford. Unfortunately, I transferred to a different district a couple months ago.

I think mine might have. All it taught in sex ed was what happens if you get pregnant, and STDs.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Sqwancho I think mine might have. All it taught in sex ed was what happens if you get pregnant, and STDs.

I was taught, "Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die. Don't have sex in the missionary position, don't have sex standing up, just don't do it."

The entire state of Florida is abstinence-only, I believe. But then again, we didn't even have sex ed at my high school.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Stepharoo The entire state of Florida is abstinence-only, I believe. But then again, we didn't even have sex ed at my high school.

I live in Florida and Sex Ed was just a very awkward week of PE class. It wasn't abstinence only, though.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +4Reply
@LittleRed I live in Florida and Sex Ed was just a very awkward week of PE class. It wasn't abstinence only, though.

I think it's supposed to be, but I'm really not sure. My JROTC classes covered my gym and health credits, so I never took sex ed.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are 0Reply

I live in southern Indiana and that's pretty much all we got. Also very common in the deep south and private (especially religious) schools.

Everyone who wants to have sex should have sex, everyone that doesn't want to have sex shouldn't have sex. Case closed.

How can you say no to a primordial instinct?
It's not about lack of discipline and indulgence of evil

It's our choice in whether acting on it will give us the desired outcome or not.

In other words
"DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO SO MOTHAFACKA"

I've went to Catholic school my whole life and they never taught us about sex. The only thing they had was people come in and tell us that abortion was wrong.

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +7Reply

I don't think students should be taught to masturbate, but kids should be taught about all the sex organs and preventative stuff. A lot of schools in Sweden(?) start learning sex ed stuff in kindergarten and they have one of the lowest teen pregnancy/STD rates, according to my textbook.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Sqwancho I don't think students should be taught to masturbate, but kids should be taught about all the sex organs and...

Would teaching to masturbate be very helpful? I kinda figured that all out the second I saw a naked woman.

In kindergarten, I remember learning about how flowers and fruit fruit were made, how chickens lay eggs, and that babies come from mommy's tummy. It wasn't very informative but it was kind of age appropriate considering I was too dumb at that age to understand anything more complicated.

@fEMMAnist In kindergarten, I remember learning about how flowers and fruit fruit were made, how chickens lay eggs, and that...

That's cool that your school did that. I don't think my school talked about that ever.
By kindergarten I knew that "privates" were involved, and that nobody except a doctor (while a parent is there) should touch them. But that's because my mom was paranoid.

Sqwanchos avatar Sqwancho Yeah You Are +3Reply

It's just ignorant. They never even taught us how to put on a condom.

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Favvkes http://ctrlv.in/60257

Thanks! I really needed that!

Um, wanna babysit for me later?

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Favvkes http://ctrlv.in/60257

I like how this is from Juno, a movie where a girl gets impregnated. I would say it is ironic, but if I'm wrong about it being ironic people will lose their shit.

@Brettward95 I like how this is from Juno, a movie where a girl gets impregnated. I would say it is ironic, but if I'm wrong...

y smilie You're safe, this is irony. A contraception reference/tip from a film about teen pregnancy is the exact opposite of what one might expect, and that's what makes it ironic.

My high school health class went like this:
"Let's be realistic. Asking you all to practice abstinence is wishful thinking on my part, so I'm not going to do that.
"BUT here's what will most likely happen to you if you have sex: http://bit.ly/zcdgRb, http://bit.ly/s7ytyL, and also http://bit.ly/AcxEjG&quotI didn't use ctrlv.in for those pictures because I didn't want to force pictures of venereal diseases on you guys. Thank me later.]

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1620902

Or maybe the links are pictures of adorable kittens and puppies all cuddled up together in a tiny animal-size house and I'm actually a horrible person for lying to all of you. But you'll never know unless you click the link, preferably the last one.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +7Reply

I'm currently in a sex Ed class, and my school is really cool about it. The health teacher said abstinence is great and all, but he knows it's unrealistic for all teens to practice. So he just told us the best forms of birth control, how to put a condom on, and many clinics where teens can get free birth control without out parents knowing. It's probably because Chicago has the highest amount of teens with STDs, but at least they're not saying sex is evil.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Shun I'm currently in a sex Ed class, and my school is really cool about it. The health teacher said abstinence is great...

My health teacher brought in a box FULL of different kinds of contraception and pamphlets with contact information for clinics. We watched videos, and he allowed us to anonymously ask him any questions about sex. He would then answer them in class the next day. And of course, a lot of the questions were very immature and out-there. We did learn abstinence as well.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +1Reply

i think abstinence only education is dumb because some people will have sex. It's like not teaching someone how to drive. Sure, you can go a long time or even your whole life without it but some people want to do it and there's nothing wrong with that.

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I love this.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +2Reply

My sex Ed class I middle school was great. We had a really cool teacher who easily talked about things and taught us about birth control, condoms and a women's cycle. Our high school health class sucked.

This post has 666 you are rights...I clicked you are right to change it 667.

beOneforevers avatar beOneforever Yeah You Are +2Reply

Maybe if my district taught proper protection alongside abstinence, there wouldn't be so many pregnancies in our school and there wouldn't be two whole pages in the yearbook about it.

We had sex ed in 8th grade and we were taught "abstinence plus" which is basically "don't do it yet, but if you do here's how to be safe." The class wasn't required, and in high school we had child development which wasn't required either, though I really think it should be.

The Catholic school abstinence education classes everyone's talking about aren't any different than my school's, and it's a regular ol' suburban public school.

mythoflights avatar mythoflight Yeah You Are +1Reply

What's "hold it" potty training?

@1621026

If their schools/mentors/parents don't teach them, how on earth are they supposed to know that there are things meant to keep them safer during sex?

PirateQueens avatar PirateQueen Yeah You Are +6Reply
@their parents need to!!!! That is their job not a school teachers job.

No, but many parents just don't do it at all. There's no way to force parents to teach them, so just teach them in an environment where they will get the information (an environment where the information is all true, too).

An average parent doesn't have the expertise to teach a good Sex Ed class unless they have a really strong background in medicine or science. Comprehensive sex education usually gives very in-depth explanations of human anatomy, development, and sexuality and covers things like STDs/STIs and their symptoms, fetal development, various hormones, fertility, ect. It's a lot of science, not just common knowledge stuff that any parent would know.
Why shouldn't schools teach it? It makes sense to learn about human sexuality from people with expertise in health and medicine instead of just a relation. Besides, sex isn't something evil and dirty. There is nothing wrong with talking about sex in a mature classroom setting.
I think the parents and the schools should teach sex ed. The more you know about sex, the better your descisions will be.

@1622154

Obivously, if you study anatomy and biology at an advanced level, you'll learn about the anatomy and biology that is relevant to human sexuality. But if you study Chemistry, Physics, and Environmental Science instead, you might miss out on important info on birth control and STI testing. It hard to make sure everyone takes all those science classes and covers all the important stuff. Even the kids who hate school and take the easiest classes possible need to learn this stuff, even if it means we have to force them to take the class. I see no disadvantage to learning sex ed twice but not learning it at all dangerous.
The way I see it, Sex Ed is one of the most important classes you can take in school. You can get along just fine without taking 10th grade English but if you don't know how to protect yourself against STDs you could get sick and die.

@1622168

Obviously your school had a really great sex ed program. I personally attended public school but I have a few friends that went to Catholic school and their sex ed was abstinence only (much like public sex ed in my state, Indiana). I think the sex ed really depends on the state and the school.

@1621203

Would you care to elaborate?

@Would you care to elaborate?

Ugliest kid at your school probably ain't gettin' laid soon.

Except your body doesn't require sex for survival (although the human race might, it can wait). In addition abstinence doesn't give you cancer

@WinniethePooh Except your body doesn't require sex for survival (although the human race might, it can wait). In addition...

Sex doesn't give you cancer either. It doesn't make any difference whatsoever if you NEED it or not. The fact of the matter is that some people WILL do it. Safe sex should be taught because these people need an education on other methods to protect themselves. That's like taking a math problem and saying "You can only use one method to solve this". Different methods work better for different people.

@Brettward95 Sex doesn't give you cancer either. It doesn't make any difference whatsoever if you NEED it or not. The fact of...

If they want to have sex that badly they should ask the parents to do their jobs and teach their children. They shouldn't complain about it. That is a parents job to make sure they understand what sex can mean to a person and how to be safe with it. Especially since a lot of parents like to claim that these teachers are over stepping their boundaries when their kids come home and tell them about something they didn't want their children to hear -_-

@If they want to have sex that badly they should ask the parents to do their jobs and teach their children. They...

The schools responsibility is to teach the many, not the few. Their job is to provide the students with an education. Abstinence is mostly a religious and moral thing that should have no place in an educational facility. The parents can teach the abstinence and a trained instructor can teach actual saftey tips and give real information on pregnancy.

1. Never said it did, and never said sex was bad but the comparison was.
2. For most math problems there is only one method, if there's more, one is usually best.
3. Abstinence is the only proven way. Condoms break, pills fail, withdrawal is sketchy for obvious reasons. If you wanna have sex great, but you shouldn't come crying to the people that were preaching abstinence when you can't afford your AIDS medicine when those methods that "work better for different people" inevitably fail.
4. I'm not trying to get into an argument about abstinence versus condoms, I just wanted to point out that the analogy was dumb.

I remember the good old days when the air was clean and sex was dirty

@WinniethePooh 1. Never said it did, and never said sex was bad but the comparison was. 2. For most math problems there is only...

"Abstinence doesn't cause cancer" If you didn't mean to say the opposite did, then that comment is completely irrelevant. There are actually many different ways to solve a problem and sometimes different ways are the easiest. Have you ever tried graphing polynomials? The roots for different problems can be found in many different ways.

@Brettward95 "Abstinence doesn't cause cancer" If you didn't mean to say the opposite did, then that comment is completely...

I could be very wrong but what I understood from his comment was "abstinenece doesn't give you cancer"..but holdig in your pee does. wary smilie

@Brettward95 Holding your pee gives you cancer? I know it gives you a bladder infection.

I did say "I could be very wrong" ...I was just assuming though I was too lazy to google if holding in your pee gives you cancer.

The Broadway guy was right. Holding your pee for long amounts of time over your life can lead to bladder cancer. And yes, there are some problems that multiple methods can solve. I also said one way is usually best. But this isn't an argument about algebra; abstinence has been proven to work 100% of the time while no other method has. And I also thought Face had some good points. First, yes it is the parents job to educate their children on this subject. Also, these teachers aren't preaching about the morality of premarital sex, they are trying to educate kids about making good choices. Why do you think they teach the benefits of abstinence? They don't do it because they like to ruin your fun, they do it because it's been proven to be the safe and responsible thing. And while a qualified instructor to teach about pregnancy might be nice, it doesn't take a genius to say "If you don't have sex, you won't have a baby!" But again, I'm not trying to argue that sex is bad, but the "hold-it potty training" analogy was flawed.

@WinniethePooh The Broadway guy was right. Holding your pee for long amounts of time over your life can lead to bladder cancer...

You don't have to educate kids about what can easily be explained in one fucking sentence. That isn't any type of education. You need a qualified instructor to fucking teach the actual goddamn symptoms of STDs and how pregnancy works. Sex Education isn't just to where a goddamn condom. If teaching about safe sex should be left to the parent, so should teaching about abstinence. You can't have one fucking thing in there just because you like it better. We learned about safe sex and abstinence at my school. Those are two smaller parts of sex ed. They teach about the diseases and all of the different things that have to do with sex and pregnancy. Then they tell you that abstinence is the only 100% way to prevent these things, but if you do have sex you can use a condom. They also taught about other forms of birth control, like the pill, and said that you should use a condom with it. They also taught about many different side effects from these different methods and about why this might happen.

Also, don't say you aren't trying to argue about it when you bring up multiple points on the goddamn subject.

@Brettward95 Also, don't say you aren't trying to argue about it when you bring up multiple points on the goddamn subject.

Well someone is a little sensitive.

So what exactly is a qualified instructor? Someone who went to college and got degrees in education and sex ed? That sounds like most health teachers. Or maybe your idea is a porn star? And I can't really tell whether you're arguing that sex ed should or shouldn't be taught at school. In my health class we learned about stds, safe sex, abstinence, the reproductive systems, etc. It isn't just wannabe priests screaming "FORNICATORS GO TO HELL!!!", they actually TEACH. And yes Jacob two-two (obscure movie reference...google it), there are methods of birth control other than abstinence (to see a full response see above comments, thank you). If parents are mad about this being taught, they obviously aren't teaching it themselves which is why someone else should. If the parents are already teaching this like they should, why would they care?

And you started it. I said these two things aren't alike and you said safe sex should be taught, not abstinence, thus sending a simple unrelated comment into a perpetual battle of words about the morality and logistics of sex.

@WinniethePooh Well someone is a little sensitive. So what exactly is a qualified instructor? Someone who went to college and...

Yes. A health teacher. I am arguing for sex education. Where the fuck did you think that I assumed sex education was wannabe priests? lol I don't know if you're actually reading the comments or not. Maybe you're just trolling. Did you read your own first comment? It can very easily be construed as saying that sex causes cancer. And if you didn't really want to argue about this, you wouldn't be arguing about it. Simple as that.

@Brettward95 Yes. A health teacher. I am arguing for sex education. Where the fuck did you think that I assumed sex education...

Alright friend. And I will give you one thing: you're right I can see how my first comment wasn't clear

self-control is not taught enough in our world today. Sometimes it is just not the time and place to void.

@1599920

That was the point of my comment. It was a joke, people. Sorry if I offended anyone. I probably could have been a little clearer. Or made a better joke...

@ali_d That was the point of my comment. It was a joke, people. Sorry if I offended anyone. I probably could have been a...

Yeah, sorry. I should have paid a little more attention. I probably would have understood it was a joke. lol oops.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1599913

"Slut". I'm pretty sure you are the fucking dumbest cunt i've ever seen on the internet. Please refrain from living any longer.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are -4Reply
@ali_d Yikes

I'll be a bitch if you call someone a slut for wanting sexual education in public school.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Dameequa I'll be a bitch if you call someone a slut for wanting sexual education in public school.

Well it seems as if my sarcastic comment that I had meant to point out the stupidity of abstinence-only education by linking sexual urges to the urge to go to the bathroom did not go over as well as I expected.

@Dameequa Maybe I was a little harsh, so I take back my last first comment.

It's ok. I didn't make it clear that I was joking and there are some pretty ignorant people on the internet who would probably say the exact same thing I said and mean it so I can understand the confusion.

@fEMMAnist Are you talking about not having sex or not peeing?

mostly not having sex... you should learn to control your hormones

@thatsjustmii mostly not having sex... you should learn to control your hormones

Lot's of people have sex because they think it's a good thing to do, not because they don't have the discipline to control their hormones.
Besides, comprehensive sex education doesn't teach you to have sex, it teaches you everything you need to know to make safe healthy decisions about sex.

@fEMMAnist Lot's of people have sex because they think it's a good thing to do, not because they don't have the discipline to...

It's mostly because they can't control their hormones especially teenagers... Tell me one time where a teen was like " Oh let's have sex because it is a good thing to do." Ummm, no. It is more like whoa that girl is hot I'd do her -_-

Ludacris taught me how to control those. And I'm sure he's more than willing to teach you, too.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are -2Reply
@thatsjustmii self-control is not taught enough in our world today. Sometimes it is just not the time and place to void.

self control isn't the issue, education is. If a student knows how to protect themselves and why they need to do so and they still make the decision to have sex that's their decision. If a student has no idea of anything and just does it they have a better chance of getting pregnant or STDs

KateJoseph28s avatar KateJoseph28 Yeah You Are +19Reply
@KateJoseph28 self control isn't the issue, education is. If a student knows how to protect themselves and why they need to do so...

I don`t think whether or not your educated matters when you or a minor. Your body is still developing, your brain is not fully formed, and you must deal with so much at once. I don`t think its wise for ``children`` to be having sex just because they have adult bodies.

@thatsjustmii I don`t think whether or not your educated matters when you or a minor. Your body is still developing, your brain...

I didn't say I think minors should have sex, I'm just saying they will. Not everyone, but I guarantee you there is virtually nothing you can do to prevent ALL minors from having sex. The best thing you can do is educate them

KateJoseph28s avatar KateJoseph28 Yeah You Are 0Reply