+276

Thousands of years ago, people could survive an ice age with their wits and they didn't really need all the technology of today. If today we had an ice age and we lost all our tech stuff, we probably couldn't survive because we are so used to technology aiding the need to keep warm. If anything the first thing out our mouth would be a complaint, amirite?

blue45000s avatar
4 13
The voters have decided that blue45000 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Most modern humans are not equipt with the skills and knowledge to actually survive without being dependent on modern conveniences.

We were actually talking about this in my Psych class today. My teacher pointed out how if there was an apocalyptic disaster, most of us wouldn't be able to survive the post-apocalyptic state because we wouldn't know how to raise crops or build shelters or treat wounds without antibiotics.

That conversation made me want to go out and buy a book on gardening or something and learn how to skin a rabbit instead of fucking around on the computer like I normally do.

As you can see that was a very fleeting desire.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +8Reply
@monstrosity Most modern humans are not equipt with the skills and knowledge to actually survive without being dependent on...

Humans didn't know who to raise crops, build shelters, or treat wounds without antibiotics for a couple million years and they managed. Remember that for 99% of human history, the only technology we had was sharpened rocks.

If books survived the apocalypse, we'd learn all that survival stuff in a matter of weeks because our lives would depend on it, a few libraries is all we'd need. Besides, the people in the 3rd world would get along just fine because they don't use modern technology anyway.

@fEMMAnist Humans didn't know who to raise crops, build shelters, or treat wounds without antibiotics for a couple million...

Actually, evidence basic knowledge of plants, shelter, and which herbs could be applied to a wound is estimated to have come far before the construction of arrowheads.

It all depends on what kind of apocalypse it is, really. It's entirely possible that prior to the apocalypse there could have been a Fahrenheit 451-esque book-burning. You never know.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are -1Reply
@monstrosity Actually, evidence basic knowledge of plants, shelter, and which herbs could be applied to a wound is estimated to...

We have knowledge of the scientific method so we could learn all that stuff over again. I hadn't considered a distopia apocalypse. Those would be extra hard to recover.

Yes, the first complaint would be something like "IT'S MUTHAFUCKIN COLD UP IN THIS BITCH."

Bear Grylls

'nuff said

"ice age in the 21st century, better drink my own piss"

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Big_Boss Bear Grylls 'nuff said "ice age in the 21st century, better drink my own piss"

Its actually bad to drink your own piss, 'cause it has all the stuff that your body doesn't want, so you would be just putting back what your body already tried to get rid of....

blue45000s avatar blue45000 Yeah You Are 0Reply

This sounds so wordy...

@1600203

np! ill delete the comment now that it's not relevant

Edward_FINNAs avatar Edward_FINNA Yeah You Are 0Reply

An ice age actually owuldn't be so bad, what with all the global warming. Unless The Day After Tomorrow comes true.

I'm Canadian I can handle any cold.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are 0Reply

Rather sad, isn't it?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply