+388

Artists and writers: it is simultaneously fascinating and horrifying to go back and look at your old work, amirite?

mythoflights avatar Art
13 14
The voters have decided that mythoflight is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

A story from when I was 6:
Once their (there) was a girl who wanted to spill her chocolate milk on her bed. Insed (Instead) of her bed, she spilled in on her head. Her head spilled it on her nose. Her nose spilled it on her cat. Then the cat spilled it on her bed. The End.

Fred_Weasleys avatar Fred_Weasley Yeah You Are +27Reply

Whenever I read my writing from middle school I think to myself, "This is so bad." But recently, my short story was nominated to be submitted into a "Young Authors" contest, so I think I've improved.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +6Reply

I remember reading through my old diary from when I was 6.. I honestly have no idea what some of the entries say

justsupers avatar justsuper Yeah You Are +6Reply
@justsuper I remember reading through my old diary from when I was 6.. I honestly have no idea what some of the entries say

When I was six, I wrote my diary in a code so that only I could understand it. I forgot about it for like a month and when I finally found it I forgot the code and couldn't understand anything I wrote.

@LittleRed When I was six, I wrote my diary in a code so that only I could understand it. I forgot about it for like a month...

I remembered my code: I took the first letter of each word.

Would anyone like to tell me what S F B M A I W T I C S N O K N S I S T S B I D W T is supposed to stand for? And yes, that is taken directly from my diary.

Fred_Weasleys avatar Fred_Weasley Yeah You Are -1Reply
@mythoflight All my diary says from when I was six is "I PLAYED MY NINTENDO TODAY!!!!!!!"

haha mine are like 'I hade (had) ressases (recess) and I patied (painted? partied? haha idk). Cristena (Christina) was spashel (special) today. I love scool (school)' .. I don't even recall any of this

justsupers avatar justsuper Yeah You Are +5Reply

In one of the "journals" I had to do in kindergarten, the first thing in it was "Tomoro (tomorrow) i'am (I'm) going to the Scisex Exbowl (science expo) for my sister Julie and her esperment (experiment). I do not like that."

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are +5Reply
@goodtime In one of the "journals" I had to do in kindergarten, the first thing in it was "Tomoro (tomorrow) i'am (I'm) going...

My first journal entry in kindergarten just said "weekend" because apparently I couldn't remember anything I did.

Hilarious, too. I found one of my old stories that I wrote when I was ten. http://iamganontheumbreon.devia...story#/d4gnyal

@iamganontheumbreon Hilarious, too. I found one of my old stories that I wrote when I was ten...

Is it bad that I actually really liked that story? The end was so romantic, and Rex is a boss, by the way.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +4Reply

"What was I thinking?!"

faithnamedmes avatar faithnamedme Yeah You Are +2Reply

And it's an AWESOME feeling when you go back to something you made and you still think it's really good and are proud of it.I usually think my writing is good in the moment, but sometimes I'll look back and think, "This is very disappointing."

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +2Reply