+153

On one hand, sometimes it kind of seems like Japan abuses its advanced technology by using it for the most useless things, like making a robot play a violin. But on the other hand if Japan used its resources for normal, useful things, say for, oh, I don't know, finding a cure for cancer, then you wouldn't be able to bring it up in a conversation about wacky foreign countries, amirite?

Gambiteers avatar
2 2
The voters have decided that Gambiteer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They certainly do work on actual scientific advantages. But if you have the ability to build a robot playing a violin, then why not? In addition, robotics and medicine are not the same thing.

@mythoflight They certainly do work on actual scientific advantages. But if you have the ability to build a robot playing a...

Indeed, hence the reason I said "sometimes" they do that. I understand that, but why spend money to making a robot play a violin when you could be spending it toward a cancer? But I completely understand your point, this post was made mostly in humor anyway.

Gambiteers avatar Gambiteer Yeah You Are +3Reply