+455

We should stop using the term 'real women' to refer to curvy women. Tall and skinny girls aren't fucking imaginary. amirite?

Regularitys avatar
36 19
The voters have decided that Regularity is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1604228

Exactly! There are a lot of skinny girls who can't help that they're skinny. Ridiculing them for being skinny isn't any better than ridiculing an overweight person for being overweight.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +22Reply

OP, let me love you. People don't understand that skinny girls might be just as self-conscious about their weight as heavier girls and there is NOTHING wrong with being naturally skinny. Calling curvy girls "real girls" isn't helping anything.

Aphrodites avatar Aphrodite Yeah You Are +12Reply

Yes this Dx I'm stuck under 100 pounds no matter how much I eat and pretty much have the body of a 10 year old. I'd /like/ to be curvier, not my fault I can't be...

Kurins avatar Kurin Yeah You Are +7Reply

We should just stop using the phrase "real woman". All women are real women!

Haha, love this!

chiddybangs avatar chiddybang Yeah You Are +5Reply

Skinny = perfectly fine
Starved baked potato = not fine

Because looking like you took a bath in Cheeto dust is never natural.

I hate how curvier girls look down on me because I'm stick thin. I don't mean to be this skinny. Hell, I would LOVE to be a little curvier. I'm still real. :(

hipposgomoos avatar hipposgomoo Yeah You Are +1Reply
@hipposgomoo I hate how curvier girls look down on me because I'm stick thin. I don't mean to be this skinny. Hell, I would LOVE...

exactly! I'm underweight but I can't do anything about it. I just want my bewbehz to grow 1 cup size to even out my figure....

The other day, I tried on a new dress tht I bought and I saw my legs and they looked like toothpicks..... it was scary- and my friends were like "ZOMG EYE WISH EYE HAD UR LEGZ!!!!" and I'm like "STFU!!!!"

Thank you for this post.

Saynevermore23s avatar Saynevermore23 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@1604349

I actually don't think most skinny women did something detrimental to their health to get like that. That would be saying the majority of skinny women in this world have an eating disorder. Maybe they dieted and exercised, and most of the skinny girls I know (even some of the really skinny ones) are naturally like that. They may have a fast metabolism, or maybe it's just in their genetic makeup and their mothers or fathers are like that, too.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +19Reply
@1604430

ever consider the fact that maybe they're just healthy people? it doesn't make sense to say that something is better than the other. i hate when i see those posts on facebook that are like "oh this is real and this isn't".
no. they're all real. leave people alone. if you want to be encouraging, consider promoting the fact that everyone is unique.

adriana_heathers avatar adriana_heather Yeah You Are +7Reply
@adriana_heather ever consider the fact that maybe they're just healthy people? it doesn't make sense to say that something is...

I hate when people bring up Marlyn Monroe's pant size because they're comparing today's sizes with sizes they had in the 1950's (not to mention that people commonly reference her sizes on the British scale which are different than American).

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +15Reply
@1604430

Oh, I see your point now that you specified.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1604349

Oh please. I'm very thin and I eat three full meals a day. Plus snacks. I don't have any type of disorder. It's called not sitting on my ass all day.

hipposgomoos avatar hipposgomoo Yeah You Are +2Reply
@hipposgomoo Oh please. I'm very thin and I eat three full meals a day. Plus snacks. I don't have any type of disorder. It's...

If you eat and exercise, and are thin, that's fine. I was talking about SKINNY. As in, you an see the rough shape and location of bones. You eat enough calories, but you exercise. That is by no definition an eating disorder. YOu'd rend up with some muscle, but not skin and bone.

@1604349

So people with eating disorders don't exist? Oh wait, I can't be typing out this post, because I'm imaginary.

@So people with eating disorders don't exist? Oh wait, I can't be typing out this post, because I'm imaginary.

I think you mean without. Real here just means achieved through normal means. Like by exercise etc etc, not by not eating. Basically, something that everyone can acheive relatively easily without harm to their bodies.