+513

You know there are plenty of fish in the sea, but you wanted the shark, amirite?

julios avatar
25 66
The voters have decided that julio is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

No, i wanted the catfish

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +73Reply
@Favvkes No, i wanted the catfish

I don't know if I should give this thumbs up for consistency or thumbs down for... well, consistency.

In all honesty, I don't understand the post. Could I have it explained to me in multiple condescending and sarcastic ways while one person actually helps me out? That'd be great. Thanks.

@Brettward95 In all honesty, I don't understand the post. Could I have it explained to me in multiple condescending and...

Don't worry Brett, I got your back. y smilie

Well young grasshopper, when a mommy fish and a daddy fish love each other very much, the girl fish lays a crap-load of eggs and then the guy fish jacks off all over them. Once in a purple moon, one of the eggs that is covered in the perfect amount of jizz hatches into a full grown man-eating shark that looks something like this: http://ctrlv.in/74498
Back to how this relates to the post. The OP is obviously a spoiled brat, who, instead of wanting a goldfish like normal people, wants this crazy motherfucker, which is why OP calls it "the" shark rather than a shark. And since we all know purple moons are a very rare thing, sharks like these are rather pricey, which is why spoiled brats want them so much.

The way I interpreted it was that there are a lot of good people (fish) out there but you want go for the mean ones (shark). Not sure if that's what the OP meant though.

Have you heard the saying "there are plenty fish in the sea"? If you haven't, it's something said to someone who gets rejected or dumped, fish being girls/boys and the sea being the world, to say that they can be with somebody else. This is refuting that, saying that they wanted one specific shark, or person.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +4Reply

I think most of us want the octopus hello smilie

insachels avatar insachel Yeah You Are +29Reply
@insachel I think most of us want the octopus

I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going.

forget the shark, im looking for a fucking mermaid

Nobody wants the whales..

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are +13Reply
@1673460

Sperm whales?

@WinniethePooh I want the sperm whale

Sperm whales are named after the spermaceti (which is also milky white and was named because it was thought to be the whale's sperm) in their heads which helps them to dive and resurface easily. Not because of sexual potency. In fact, the great right whale has testicles weighing 500kg, which gives them the greatest ratio to body mass of all animals.

Science Nazi

@B10ckH34d Sperm whales are named after the spermaceti (which is also milky white and was named because it was thought to be...

I actually knew most of that. And I'm a guy, so I don't factor in testicle size...fun fact though

@WinniethePooh I want the sperm whale

Thats......interesting to say the least.lmao

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1673394

The link is either broken... Or it doesn't work cuz I'm using my iPod..

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1673398

I think the links broken.. Or maybe. It's cuz I'm on my iPod

Oh, I'm sorry. That's different, because there is only one shark.

@1673383

What I mean is, there are plenty of sharks in the sea, too.

@Harper What I mean is, there are plenty of sharks in the sea, too.

More fish than sharks last time I checked. If you have more of the predator than the prey, there won't be much prey around.

A maneater? Most guys avoid those types of girls.

@Inananenome A maneater? Most guys avoid those types of girls.

Actually, I don't think a guy would complain if a girl swallowed him.

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +31Reply
@Montana Actually, I don't think a guy would complain if a girl swallowed him.

Yeah... but if the girl was really like a shark, she would probably use too much teeth. I mean sharks have like 3000 teeth.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +18Reply

Haha true, but that's not what I meant.
Maneater: a women who has an influence on men to seduce them, and then throw them away.
I don't guys enjoy that much more than girls do.

So many sexual innuendos d smilie

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +4Reply
@eldorito The only fish I'll ever need: ...

What if the amirite fish replaced the amirite guy one day? That would be creepy with his beedy little eyes following you around the site.

Definitely. I'm really into biters. My motto is: “Relationships are like sharks. If you’re not left with several bite marks after intercourse, then something’s wrong" - Jenna Maroney.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are +4Reply

Parrotfish. That could get complicated.

I mean... if you're into big people then that's cool...

The one about the red gyarados was better. At least you only get 1 red gyarados like you only get 1 soulmate. Also you don't have access to all the women in the world, so a lake would have been better.

nice

@1673418

Thats more like it

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are +1Reply

This is a lot like the magikarp POTD.

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are +1Reply
@cherryblaster This is a lot like the magikarp POTD.

I only hope to aspire to a magikarp

julios avatar julio Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1673388

Woah there buddy. Not so fast. Let's consider all of the other options. Go back over every post of the day ever and get back to me.

@1673403

Seems you're a bit tired of the criticism. Don't worry buddy. I got your back.

@Brettward95 Seems you're a bit tired of the criticism. Don't worry buddy. I got your back.

I've actually enjoyed almost every single POTD I've seen on this site, but this definitely dropped the ball.

@1673403

I thought the purpose of amirite was to inspire original ideas. This saying is so old and boring that even putting a different twist on it can't make it suck any less.

And the ending wasn't even good. They couldve at least come up with something more creative.

A shark is a type of fish...?

@PirateQueen A shark is a type of fish...?

It's got cartilage instead of bones, but because it breathes water and has other similar characteristics, it's still a fish.