+335

People not living in America: You have much more of a reason to get ticked off if SOPA passes. Why does the government of one county get to decide something that will hugely impact a lot of other countries? Amirite?

boxtops avatar
13 22
The voters have decided that boxtop is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think that even if it does pass, every other government like Canada, Australia, England, Brazil, and other big internet oriented countries will shit on the USA's head, and they'll rethink their decision. But I highly doubt it will pass. Then again though, pizza is a vegetable, so anything can happen.

@I think that even if it does pass, every other government like Canada, Australia, England, Brazil, and other big...

Vegetable, not fruit. And it was the tomatoes in pizza that were ruled as a vegetable so that public schools could serve pizza in their lunches and include the tomato in the required amount of non-starchy vegetables served per week.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Stepharoo Vegetable, not fruit. And it was the tomatoes in pizza that were ruled as a vegetable so that public schools could...

That's still really stupid though. Apple pie isn't considered a fruit.

(Thanks though, I was thinking tomato=fruit so I put fruit).

@That's still really stupid though. Apple pie isn't considered a fruit. (Thanks though, I was thinking...

Apple pie, however, is like...4 parts apple to 1 part crush, whereas in pizza, the sauce is a small component. But I know what you mean.

And yeah, it is very, very stupid.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +1Reply

Easy. Because we landed on the moon, so that makes us #1.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +15Reply

I swore this said that other countries had reason to be tickled.
Took me three times to get it right.

Weird visual....

Because of SOPA, I won't be able to finish watching Sailor Moon online now. :(

Canadian_Ninjas avatar Canadian_Ninja Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Canadian_Ninja Because of SOPA, I won't be able to finish watching Sailor Moon online now. :(

Then finish it ASAP. Before its passed. Just like how im downloading as much music as i can right now, just in case.

I'm from america, and you should know we're doing EVERYTHING we can to stop SOPA and PIPA... I think we americans are entitled to be even more angry because our own government is betraying our wants and violating our first amendment rights.

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think this only applies to people in the US doesnt it? like if a video is blocked in a country that doesn't mean its completely taken off it just means that if ur in tht country you cant see it. so i was under the impression that other countries would still be able to look at lolcats and pirate music and live happily ever after.

@Cgymnast7 Correct me if I'm wrong but i think this only applies to people in the US doesnt it? like if a video is blocked in...

But if the people who make the websites are American, wouldn't they be shut down for everyone?

From my understanding that is true, the US Government has no jurisdiction over other countries - state sovereignty is a major factor in international law. However, the passing of SOPA and PIPA could result in the termination of some major sites, for example Google, whose headquarters are in America. It's complicated, international law isn't black and white, but there could be various consequences of the passing of these bills which can impact internet users in other countries.

@treescancatchfire From my understanding that is true, the US Government has no jurisdiction over other countries - state sovereignty...

I wonder if this will cause a mass exodus of American website creators (like the guys at Google) to other countries where SOPA and PIPA will not apply.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yeah, unfortunately though, there's nothing we can do. All we can really do us sign that petition (though I'm not sure how legit it is), and spread the word. We can't protest or anything.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are 0Reply