+272

If you saw a 17 year old walk out of a store with a case of beer, you wouldn't stop him and get the manager. You'd ignore it and maybe even laugh, amirite?

Friday_Night_Lightss avatar
1 18
The voters have decided that Friday_Night_Lights is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How, exactly, are we supposed to just magically know this person 17?

@How, exactly, are we supposed to just magically know this person 17?

He's holding up a sign that says "I'M 17, COME AT ME BRO!"

Well, you wouldn't know he's exactly 17, but it shouldn't be too hard to guess that he's within plus or minus one year of that if you just look at him.

I would assume he's 21.

I would love nothing more than to slide tackle said 17 year old just to get brownie points with my manager. If I didn't work there, I still might depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

I wouldn't tell on the kid if he bought it himself (it's the business's fault for not I.D.ing), but if an underage kid tried to get me to buy alcohol for him, I'd take his money and buy the beer for myself.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +8Reply

I would assume he was 18, since that's our legal drinking age.

@strawberrymoo I would assume he was 18, since that's our legal drinking age.

Same with me. But where I'm from the only places the actually police underage drinking is at bars or in clubs. Most teenagers start buy drinks from bottle store at like 15 and the owners care more about making sales. It's not bad either because by the time we get our drivers licenses (at 18) we're over the whole "drinking to get drunk" thing, and are more responsible about drunk driving. It's very relaxed.

Chipss avatar Chips Yeah You Are +3Reply

Why would I? Nothing illegal about that where I live

If I suspected he had stolen it, however...
Meh, still wouldn't care too much

@soberlikekesha Where do you live that the drinking age is 17?

The Netherlands
Drinking age here is 16 (for things like beer)
But you can't get your drivers license until you're 18

@O____o The Netherlands Drinking age here is 16 (for things like beer) But you can't get your drivers license until you're 18

Wow. Thats actually a good idea thinking about it. get all the crazy "lets get drunk to get drunk" stuff out of the way before they can drive

soberlikekeshas avatar soberlikekesha Yeah You Are +1Reply
@That's weird...i want to move there for the beer but i like driving too.

Well, the Netherlands have great public transport
More or less
And most people take the bike for short distances anyway, so...

Once I saw people getting high outside a pizza place I was in with my friends. We all just laughed about it.

Said 17 year old is an idiot.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are 0Reply
Anonymous