+551

You have a secret that no one knows, amirite?

strbcksrckss avatar
17 128
The voters have decided that strbcksrcks is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I have had a lot of good friends in my life, but I've never had a best friend and that's all I ever really wanted.

@I have had a lot of good friends in my life, but I've never had a best friend and that's all I ever really wanted.

I used to have a best friend and our friendship was so amazing and the best thing ever but the end was so messy and so bad, the friendship was almost not worth it.

I had a best friend once, but he died of cancer a couple of years ago. And ever since, I have been trying to find a new one and no one is accepting me no matter how hard I try. I also have a lot of good friends. But stay strong, having a best friend doesn't mean you're the best person :)

I hate to interrupt all of these serious secrets, but I have a third nipple.

@I hate to interrupt all of these serious secrets, but I have a third nipple.

So does my cousin. My brother likes to point it out at the beach...

Cassandras avatar Cassandra Yeah You Are 0Reply

I think everyone should share them anonymously in the comments!! That would be fun.

astral_queens avatar astral_queen Yeah You Are +37Reply
@astral_queen I think everyone should share them anonymously in the comments!! That would be fun.

You were adopted. I am your biological mother and I want you back.

The more people that know things about me, the more vulnerable I feel.

@The more people that know things about me, the more vulnerable I feel.

You shouldn't think about it like that. Think of it as strengthing a bond between two people. You know your friend trusts you when they tell you something personal. So you shouldn't feel vulnerable.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I like Nickelback.

loljk

OK, I'm 15 and I hate my dad. Everything from the way he talks to the way he eats makes me detest him. I think I lost all respect for him when he told me that although my mums boyfriend beat her often and we were constantly surrounded by violence, he couldn't do anything because it 'wasn't his place.' I was about 8 when my mums boyfriend lived with us and I can't help but wonder if the domestic abuse is the cause for my low self esteem and inability to express my feelings. A boy I've liked for a while likes me, well he tried to give me his number yet it just seems impossible that anyone would even look at me. I say tried because when he got his friend to give me his number it turned out to be the wrong one and today, once we'd realised the mistake, when he tried giving me it again, he just gave me the same wrong number. What am I supposed to think. I don't know. I doubt anyone even read this far. Sorry it was a bit moany, I just wanted to vent. Thank you. :)

I feel ashamed for hating my life after reading some of these secrets.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +31Reply

I don't believe in love because I have no proof.

RAWRdinosaurcandys avatar RAWRdinosaurcandy Yeah You Are +28Reply

Most girls my age want the guy they like to text them, talk to them, hang out with them, and get really happy when they do, but I get really happy when a girl texts me because it means I have the chance of maybe having a friend.

I'm 18 and I've never had a girlfriend or "hooked up with" any girl, even though all my friends have. It makes me feel lonely and worthless. I can't talk to any of my friends about this because I've lied to all of them about it so that they wouldn't think I was a loser (which I now regret doing).

I pretended not to hear my boyfriend the first time he said he loved me because I wasn't positive I loved him.

I like Paul.

I just want someone that I feel like I'm not bothering and wants to talk to me and hang out with me. I feel like an annoyance when I'm always the one calling/texting them to hang out.

@I just want someone that I feel like I'm not bothering and wants to talk to me and hang out with me. I feel like an...

I've been having that problem since I moved to a new city for work. It's really tiring always being the one who texts.

I miss my old friends, who would call me when they were waiting outside my apartment and telling me we were going to the movies.

Apple_Pies avatar Apple_Pie Yeah You Are +3Reply

Yeah, there's always that really annoying/desperate friend that no one really WANTS to hang out with, but do so out of pity or boredom. Looks like you're it.

I fall in love easily. Then when people show mutual interest, I push them away. I'm afraid I'll never have a normal relationship.

I don't plan on continuing my friendship with any of my "friends" after I graduate high school.

@I don't plan on continuing my friendship with any of my "friends" after I graduate high school.

I don't either. At the beginging of high school I had a few friends I thought I'd always keep in touch with. Now, theres nobody I'll miss.

I think I'll stay in touch with my best friend, but no one else. It just seems like a lot of work, and there isn't really a point because you'll just make more friends who you actually will see

I'm hearing impaired. Most people don't know and I don't want them to. Half the time when I'm in a group situation, I can't hear what anyone's saying. I'm supposed to be wearing hearing aids, but I don't want to wear them, and one's broken anyway. I'm quiet because of this, and in a group situation, everyone laughs and I laugh too and I don't know why. I can't go "What'd you say?" all the time and especially not in a group setting, so I rarely do anymore. It's why I'm glad for the friends that I get to talk to, one-on-one, where it's easier to actually hear them and talk to them. I feel like I've missed out on a lot of friends because of this. I feel like an outsider looking in, all the time.

@I'm hearing impaired. Most people don't know and I don't want them to. Half the time when I'm in a group situation...

I think you should let someone know. It would make your life and interactions with others so much better.

Inu_chans avatar Inu_chan Yeah You Are +5Reply

I would feel so much better if I could just talk to people about the crap that gets me down. But, I don't know how to put it into words so I'm left alone to deal with all of the emotions. It's such a lonely feeling, especially when I'm surrounded by great friends but I just don't know how to talk to them about it.

@I would feel so much better if I could just talk to people about the crap that gets me down. But, I don't know how...

Thats alright! I know hw you feel. Its the worst feeling in the world, and if you need talk to somebody about it, message me :)

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +7Reply

I find it hard to believe my friends would be upset if I died.

My cousin lied and said that my dad raped her. Even though he doesn't even live with us anymore (my parents are divorced for unrelated reasons) I was still interviewed by Child Protection Services. My friends don't know. I mean, how does that just crop up in conversation? I don't even want them to know. I don't want anyone to know. Not that I think there's anything to be ashamed of, it's just I don't want your pity.

@My cousin lied and said that my dad raped her. Even though he doesn't even live with us anymore (my parents are...

you're sure she lied? a lot of times people get raped and then everyone accuses them of lying, even though its just that the rapist seems like a good person and has never shown their dark side to anyone.

@you're sure she lied? a lot of times people get raped and then everyone accuses them of lying, even though its just...

Yes, her story changed many times. The first time, she was only 13 and said he'd kissed her. 15 years later she said he raped her. The police were involved and even they dismissed the case. I completely understand where you're coming from though. It's disgusting that there are rapists walking free today but it's just as bad that people have the ability to ruin others lives with lies.

@Yes, her story changed many times. The first time, she was only 13 and said he'd kissed her. 15 years later she...

Okay yeah that sounds really rough. it's sickening to think that someone would do something like that to their family.

I still love David. He moved away, and we didn't talk for six months. The only time he texts me is when he's drunk. Last night was the first time he called me, and he asked me if I still liked him. I said no. It killed me because after I said I didn't, he responded with "Oh, good... That's such a relief."

My brother went through an alleyway one day and saw two guys fighting, he didnt know who they were, cause he couldnt get too close, but it was getting bloody. He called the police and left. I was, at the time, supposed to be sleeping over at a friend's house.

Little did my brother know, but I was the one in the alleyway. We ran before the police came. I got a cut on the side of my face. When I came back home, it was easily covered up as an ice hockey accident. It's been 4 years and I still haven't told anyone.

I've wet the bed since I was a kid. I'm 17 now. It's a fairly common condition, called nocturnal enuresis, and it can be genetic. About 1 in every 100 eighteen year olds do it. But it's the most embarrassing thing ever. I have to wear Depends at every sleepover, including when family stays over. Not one person outside my immediate family knows.

I'm sexy and I know it.

I don't love my parents. I can't remember ever loving them, I've always loved other people more. I don't feel like they love me either. They never try to fix what's wrong with our relationship, they just assume since I'm their kid I'll love them no matter what. I can't stand all the fighting and yelling and screaming. They have no clue how much it hurts.

@I don't love my parents. I can't remember ever loving them, I've always loved other people more. I don't feel like...

I'm the same way. My dad always asks why I don't stay downstairs with the family and why I'm always in my room. I don't like my family. My mom left when I was about 1-2 and I havent seen her since. She hasnt bothered to look for me. My dad got remarried to this woman I wasnt too fond of. And we are complete opposites. They fight like people who hate eachother. I can't talk to my dad about anything really because he ends up yelling at me.
Sorry for ranting.

I'm in tenth grade. I've liked the same guy since seventh grade. We became closer this year, but I'm still too afraid to say anything. I don't think I'll ever have the courage, really. I pretend to be confident, but for the most part, I'm not. I cry a lot. Not always for a good reason. Sometimes for no reason at all. I think that's it...

@I'm in tenth grade. I've liked the same guy since seventh grade. We became closer this year, but I'm still too...

Adding on to this... It's gotten to the point where whether or not I had a good day is decided by how much positive contact I've had with him. Sometimes I feel like he might like me back, but I could just be psyching myself out. I think about him ALL THE TIME. It's excessive. I feel creepy. It's like... I don't find myself liking other guys because of him. And my friends all say it's supposed to happen, and one of my biggest fears is that it never will. And I know it sounds cliche, but I don't want to make the first move because if I just made it awkward it would kill me.

@Adding on to this... It's gotten to the point where whether or not I had a good day is decided by how much positive...

And another, different thing... I get bullied in school. It's not a lot, by any means. But it happens. And it upsets me way more than I'd ever let on. Because none of the people who do it know me. They only know my name and what I look like. And it makes me feel so self-conscious knowing that they can sit there judging me on my looks when everyone who REALLY knows me likes me for my personality. They're so fake; they make me sick.

I'm like a mirror.

I got rejected from from my top choice college, the same college my boyfriend and best friend are going to. (I liked it before I knew they even applied) my guidance counselor is horrified because my application is very good. Apparently the school had already met its quota..idk if this counts as a secret no one else knows because I had to tell my counselor but I will never tell my best friend or boyfriend. Mostly because I know my grades are better than theirs and I feel so cheated. Sorry for the rant.

I think I have psychic abilities.

My grandma is hoarder. Yeah, like the ones on the show 'Hoarding: Burried Alive'. Nobody knows except my family, and it really hurts when my friends make fun of the show, unknowingly that my grandma could very well be on that television show. They always make fun of the people on it and how it shouldn't ever even get that bad, but unless you've been in the situation, you'll never know.

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are +14Reply

I'm fourteen years old and I think I'm lesbian. I really can't be sure though because I have never been in a relationship. I'm afraid to tell anyone in case I'm wrong.
I know that's a really stupid reason not to come out; I mean, some people have real issues, like their family being homophobic, but I guess I feel like I'm too young to know really.
I'm pretty sure I'm not straight, though. I might be bisexual. hmm smilie

@I'm fourteen years old and I think I'm lesbian. I really can't be sure though because I have never been in a...

It's not really stupid, it seems like it would be awkward if you had to tell everyone you aren't really.

The reason I don't want to go to a therapist is not because I don't like to share. It's because once I get talking about why I cut, why I am obsessed with my weight, why I feel I need to outdo everyone, I know i'll reveal the root of my problems: I absolutely hate my mother.

My dad passed away in 2007. I fell into a deep depression and never discussed it with anyone. How could they possibly understand what I was going through? It seemed like they didn't care at the time, anyway. I would spend weeks sleep deprived and hungry, because somehow I thought that his death was my fault: a week before the accident, I wished that he would die.

Things have started looking up the past two years, though. I made great friends who are supportive. I cannot express my gratitude and love for them and what they have done for me, even if it was just to invite me over for the weekend.

The reason why time heals all wounds is because it helps you to forget.

The only reason I haven't killed myself yet is because my mom keeps all the pills locked up.

@The only reason I haven't killed myself yet is because my mom keeps all the pills locked up.

I think some part of you is telling you that you don't want to die.

When I went to the doctor and he told me that I am losing too much weight too fast, I got some sort of sick pleasure from it. I don't want to be any skinnier than I am but the feeling of an empty stomach makes me feel powerful.

Of all the things I had to deal with during my PTSD, the hardest thing I had to face was my hatred for the person who had wronged me. There have been plenty of people I don't like, and some I would say I hate, but this was a whole new level. If given the chance, I would kill that person.

That is not the person I was, and it is not the person I want to be, but it is who I am now. I don't like it, but I can't bring myself to feel any differently.

My ex told me he loved me after we were together for two weeks. It freaked me out and I broke up with him, because it was too soon. Now, I don't know how to fall in love.

Even though I really really want to, I don't know if I'll be able to tell my current boyfriend that I love him, and mean it.

Most people think I'm shy and a little socially awkward, but I'm afraid of people and will do almost anything to avoid situations with a lot of people.

I've never orgasmed.

sometimes. i just feel like i'll never have the one that i love. because i'm just too ugly and boring. And it makes me think, that true love isn't even worth it, because you just end up getting hurt, and there are always haters trying to bring you down. :(

At the beginning of the summer, I started trying to make myself throw up. I didn't get good at it until around September, and then for a few months I was purging just about every day, usually multiple times a day. I was secretly proud it had gotten so easy, but I never really thought I was bulimic, because I knew I could stop. A month ago, with the start of the new year, I did stop. No one ever found out, and no one ever will. There's nothing to know, really.

@At the beginning of the summer, I started trying to make myself throw up. I didn't get good at it until around...

Is it bad that I've wanted to do this for a long time but I've been too scared I'll hurt myself?

@Is it bad that I've wanted to do this for a long time but I've been too scared I'll hurt myself?

Don't start. It screws you up so much. You'll think that you'll only do it every once in a while... you know, throw up when you've eaten too much, but it'll escalate. And it does a lot more than just hurt your throat. The acid tears down you esophagus and melts your teeth. Throwing up so much causes electrolyte imbalances and heart problems. These possibilities (although they seemed so distant at the time) are probably the reason I stopped ~probably as in I'm not really sure most of the time~ but my point is you might as well not start, you know? I can guarantee if nothing else you'll get horrible acid reflex and you'll be tired. If you think your relationship with food is bad now, I promise you it will be a million times worse if you start making yourself throw up, even if you think it''s only once in a while or even if you manage to get over it.
Now I'm regretting making the post, because I don't want to make anyone think it's easy to stop. It wasn't like that.

@Don't start. It screws you up so much. You'll think that you'll only do it every once in a while... you know, throw...

Oh... I didn't know it was that bad. I know it sounds stupid, but I love my teeth! I didn't know it had so many negative effects.
Don't regret posting it- thank you for doing it. I don't know, I might have done it in the future... But now that you're saying all these things, I know I won't.

no thats a good thing because that means your not hurting yourself

@no thats a good thing because that means your not hurting yourself

It would just be so easy... I'm just afraid that I'll injure my throat or something.

I swing the bat for the pink team.

That's the phrase, right?

@1623073

I had sex with two of my brothers, best friends.

@1623077

And that's why people don't share secrets. Damn, don't judge her.

Beautiful_Rivals avatar Beautiful_Rival Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1623077

See. This is why people don't share their secrets. We could laugh at funny ones and support people when they share their really personal ones. But we can't do that here because someone always has to be an asshole.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are 0Reply

I do a lot in a day like sports and work and school, but even though I say I enjoy what I do, I sometimes feel like I am just checking them off a list I HAVE to do. Yet I still feel like I haven't accomplished much in my life at all...I've had no experiences.

I've never been in a relationship. I'm 21. I have never pursued a woman. Maybe it's because I'm only attracted to Asian women and European/Australian women (I'm American, by the way), maybe it's because I secretly fear marriage, maybe it's because I really fear having children. I simultaneously fear and hope that I never get married and stay in the friend zone for life. However, I once nearly got the courage to ask out one of my female friends. I didn't. I watched her get married over the summer.

I've broken a lotta hearts. then I got my heart broken. it sucks

My journal has everything that I've said, thought and felt for the last 5 years in it. Nobody knows about my journal.
In my journal recently I've been writing about how girls my age are talking about who they want to have sex with. But I just want someone to hug and hold hands with. Everyone thinks I'm just like every other girl- but I'm not.

I've liked him for ages and now he finally likes me back but I don't really want a boyfriend because I know I'll have to do things with him. I'm incredibly boring and would prefer to watch TV with him over going out anyday.

I really don't want to sound mopey, but I guess I'll share my secret, too. My mom tried to kill herself, and in the process of taking the pills, she told me it was because nothing here mattered anymore. It felt like she was saying that I don't matter anymore, and I can't bring myself to look at her without thinking about that night.

@I really don't want to sound mopey, but I guess I'll share my secret, too. My mom tried to kill herself, and in the...

You should talk to her, tell her how you feel. Most likely she has changed by now, and was just feeling emotional at that one moment. You'll feel better after you know the truth.

My mum went through depression and repeatedly told me and my brother how much she hated everyone, including us and that she wished that we were never born and that she was dead. Sometimes people say things when they are hurting to make other people hurt just like them, even if they don't fully mean it. I hope it's the case with your mum and that wasn't what she meant.

I don't think my mum hates my brother and I for real these days but she left us with some fairly bad emotional scarring. If you need to chat I can tell you my account. Errbody just seemed to be doing it anon. :P

I want to have friends, but I feel like everyone around me is so immature. I feel like I should just "get through" middle school, to high school, where people are more mature. But at the same time, I don't want what's left of my childhood to pass me by, considering I'm almost 14. I'm really stuck.

My dad abuses my brother, which made him turn to drugs. I still cry every time he hits him. I cut myself when I was only eleven. And I've never been able to tell any of my friends because I feel like they won't understand.

i walked into my house to see my girlfriend having sex with my brother and my best friend of 12 years at the same time and didnt tell anyone wat should i do about it other than dump her

@Shmoogerz i walked into my house to see my girlfriend having sex with my brother and my best friend of 12 years at the...

If you don't want to break up, talk to her about it and just tell her how you feel about it

If people were rain, he'd be a hurricane and I'd be drizzle.

My best friend and I had a massive fight two weeks ago.

Little does she know that I have her Facebook password and open access to all her secrets. __^

This might sound a bit weird, but I want to kill someone. Not a specific person, I just want to feel the felling of killing someone. Of course I will never do it, but I want to.

I'm bisexual and in love with my best friend.

i lost my best friend because she began treating me badly and using me to get what she wanted, and when i had nothing to offer, she would go with another girl i didnt like. i never stood up to her and i hated myself for that, and i saw everyone else with their best friend and it made me mad because i couldnt have that kind of rationship with her. one day, i snapped back at her and defended myself and she stopped talking to me. the thing i hate the most is not that shes gone, or that i dont have a best friend. its that i secretly wish i hadnt stood up for myself, so that i could still have her. and it makes me feel like a coward.

I had one little, almost fight with my best friend which caused the friendship to end. There's no going back. I pretend not to care and that I'm happy that it's over but I'd do anything to get her back.

@1625298

All in the same threw weeks. I used to have it all. Sometimes I wondered why my life was going so well. Now it's suddenly all left me. My boyfriend and I parted on fairly okay terms, decided to be best friends, had an on off thing where we still liked each other, then fought.. I don't know.. I was so weak cause every time things seemed okay, something new would happen. I've become a habitual cutter, and I have family issues too, and because of all the stress I eat too little and I'm 12 kg underweight. It's 5 am and I just woke up after drinking a whole load of vodka for the first time in my life because I just wanted to forget. I'm falling apart. I have no one anymore except that guy best friend and I keep accidentally pushing him away. I can't handle anything, I'm not a strong person. I've been crying almost everyday for the last 1.5 months. Oh and I'm ugly. And I'm doing pathetically in school as a consequence. Even the teachers wonder what happened to me because I used to be such a bright student and now I fail everything. I hate my life and I want to end this but I think of my parents and decide not to because I'm their only child. Sorry for the rant. Had no one to talk to.

I'm in love with my best friend.

i have bulimia. used to be anorexic, but was forced into recovery. i hate it because everyones like you are so pretty, you look so much better. still thin but i miss the bones, i miss the control. i hate food. boys look at me but i can't even talk. i hardly text back because i dont know what to say. all i think about is my eating disorder and how no one could like someone with one. i restrict and purge, not many binges but i eat only once a day.
i want to just fly away. i abuse drugs, anything to stay away from food. i really like this one guy but he is a bit of a player. i just wish he wasn't because i really really like him.

I'll share mine not anonymously. I resent my parents. And not in the normal teenage way. I haven't talked to my dad in years. I was forced into adulthood way to early.

Beautiful_Rivals avatar Beautiful_Rival Yeah You Are +1Reply

I hate my family and everything about them.

I lost my virginity when I was 15 to a fuck buddy

@I lost my virginity when I was 15 to a fuck buddy

Call me
loljk do you regret it? I'm 16 and I have the opportunity to do that too

@Call me loljk do you regret it? I'm 16 and I have the opportunity to do that too

yeah i regret it but you might not. the reasons I regret it is because 1) as per usual with virgins, I thought I was in love with him after we did it. he did not have any emotions for me whatsoever and I knew that going into the relationship, yet I kept going along with it because I thought it was love. 2) he was not gentle. at all. 3) i snuck out late and we did it in his drive way. classy rite. 4) we didn't use protection, he just used the pull out method (which is not valid) and i had to urgently beg my sister to buy me a morning after pill

@yeah i regret it but you might not. the reasons I regret it is because 1) as per usual with virgins, I thought I...

You lost it on a driveway in the middle of the night without protection. Because nothing could go wrong with that :P
I shouldn't judge however (: I'm waiting a bit to do it anyways

@You lost it on a driveway in the middle of the night without protection. Because nothing could go wrong with that...

yea theres a reason no one knows. theres already bad connotations about losing your virginity at this age, but the way I did it...just no good

shit sucks. every year around this time for a few years now I've exited out of a really good relationship with different amazing guys for various reasons, and each time I've lost faith in love. This year I have no reason to break up with him, but I'm almost positive he's going to since I'm his first girlfriend and I think he's starting to get bored. Love seems so impossible, because how could anything make me more than content, forever? I've never felt that way. Every time I've thought I'm in love, it fades.

Just saying, you all know your IP addresses could be tracked right now, amirite?

Universums avatar Universum Yeah You Are +1Reply

Over Winter break, the girl I was crushing on asked me to write a song for her. I thought this was the ticket to winning her over. I wrote the song. The day I finished it, she told me she only wanted to be friends, and basically admitted to leading me on. I was, obviously, extremely hurt by this.
Still, the song got such good reviews, I met with some producers and directors at my college and we ended up making it into a professional music video.

I still have no idea if I should hate her or love her... She still has no clue she inspired all this.

one time on a family vacation my parents got into a huge fight. my parents fight a lot, but this one was extreme even for them. when we got back to where we were staying, my mom grabbed a knife and held it to her wrist, threatening my dad that she would kill herself. I don't actually remember what the fight was even about. But anyways, because we were in a hotel the police were called and it was this huge thing, but once everything got calmed down we just went to bed. My family has never talked about that night.

Im almost 20 and I still suck my thumb at night- I think its my way of coping with my "daddy issues." Even though nobody knows it still makes me feel SICK with shame

I think I might be a nymphomaniac. I masturbate every day to reallly dirty sex stories and always feel awful while craving more. Im a girl & i always feel like its only guys who're meant to think about sex 24/7

I masturbate.

My secret: I kissed a girl and I liked it.

Also: I believe I can fly.