-90

You can make actors sing but you can't make singers act, Amirite?

_IheartRHPSs avatar
0 9
The voters have decided that _IheartRHPS is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Of course actors can sing-- it's called autotune.

Apple_Pies avatar Apple_Pie Yeah You Are +3Reply

Singers act. When you're singing a song, especially in a concert, you're acting out the feelings expressed in the song through your facial expressions and tones of voice, whether you're aware of it or not. The worse performers are the ones who have no emotion in their singing (unless it's purposeful).

As a singer, I'm always offended by this stereotype. Plenty of singers can act, and sometimes you can tell when an actor is "fake-singing."

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ No Way +1Reply

So I'm the only one who enjoys the Beatles movies- that they acted in?

Justin Timberlake

With enough coaching and training, anyone can act. I'm sure if you're dedicated you can even train yourself to sing beautifully. Some people just have the advantage to be able to do it without trying. Doesn't mean it's impossible for others to achieve.

Shouldn't allow either...

True, you can make actors sing, like on the Disney Channel. But you can't make them sing well.

Unless you autotune their songs within an inch of their life.

@remember_my_name True, you can make actors sing, like on the Disney Channel. But you can't make them sing well. Unless you...

That's what I meant! That they make the actors sing when they've clearly run out of ideas. & the part about singers not being able to act, I was thinking of David Archuleta on an episode of Hannah Montana. He was hardly even a singer but he REALLY couldn't act.

_IheartRHPSs avatar _IheartRHPS Yeah You Are +1Reply