+240

If you think about it, the phrase "sanctity of marriage" is a bit odd. Especially considering that all throughout history marriages consisted of women being given away with no say in the matter like pieces of property, sometimes still as children. Oh, and let's not forget about arranged marriages for political and social gain. In fact two people marrying for love is a relatively new concept. It doesn't really sound like marriage was ever that fucking sacred of an institution to begin with, amirite?

Cuban_Bs avatar
33 3
The voters have decided that Cuban_B is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I completely agree with the idea of the post, but the fact that you used "fucking" in the last sentence threw me off. It just seems unnecessary.

Seans avatar Sean Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Cuban_B That's fine, but I thought it properly emphasized my irritation.

I can see that. I feel like the wording in the rest of your post does a fine job of showing irritation, though.

Seans avatar Sean Yeah You Are 0Reply