+440

Some Honors and AP classes are taken just because you don't want to be stuck in a class full of people who struggle on common sense problems, amirite?

CatMans avatar
18 53
The voters have decided that CatMan is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I wish there was a happy medium. In regular classes the teachers talk to you like you don't know anything. In AP classes they think you know everything.

@mchalla3 ...honors?

We don't have honors just pre ap, ap dual credit and regular. The happy medium would be pre ap but after sophomore year it's all ap or all regular. Whoever set it up is an a asshole that doesn't understand people can be advanced in just one subject.

@We don't have honors just pre ap, ap dual credit and regular. The happy medium would be pre ap but after sophomore...

Thats really really dumb. Didn't any parents or teachers complain to the board?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Nope. Most AP parents like pushy AP policies.

But all APs or none at all? If you're like the average student, that's like suicide either way. It's not fair, and that's common sense.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@mchalla3 But all APs or none at all? If you're like the average student, that's like suicide either way. It's not fair, and...

Yeah well my school is very lets push them to either take classes with retards or take all college classes until a bunch of them decide to drop out! They don't understand what the definition of a little bit is.

@mchalla3 That really sucks. Have you considered going to another high school?

I already did. This one's worse in that there's no ap or pre ap just dual credit. But, at least there's less people to compete with for high rank. I went from a school of 3,000 (just 10-12) to 200 (9-12). So there's only 49 people to compete with now.

@mchalla3 Gahh that sucks! But are you trying to be valedictorian?

eh, not really. I just want to be in the top 5 percent.

@eh, not really. I just want to be in the top 5 percent.

Then that's not so hard! Just study and get good grades and you're set!

@mchalla3 Then that's not so hard! Just study and get good grades and you're set!

yeah. but I hate my math teacher sooo much. and my social studies teacher just tells stories the whole time.

@yeah. but I hate my math teacher sooo much. and my social studies teacher just tells stories the whole time.

My math teacher cannot teach. She barely knows the subject. Lol in the middle of class, she would say something like "hmm. this problem is a little too difficult for you guys" to cover up the fact that she doesn't know how to solve it.

And my social studies teacher is a condescending bitch who thinks that since we are students, we are all dumb idiots who don't try in school and will get nowhere in life. The other day she cracked a joke calling us dumb, and nobody laughed. Then she told the other teacher, "see, they're too dumb to get the joke!" and I said "Mrs. Kline, there's a reason why people don't always laugh at jokes."

and she ignored me.

@mchalla3 My math teacher cannot teach. She barely knows the subject. Lol in the middle of class, she would say something...

my math teacher got 100s in math through highschool and college. That's the problem though. She has no patience when people don't understand. She's always like I'm here to answer questions. And then she's condescending when you ask her them like "oh we just went over that" or "it's in the book" or I don't see how you don't know this already. The first day we learn it she says these things. And everyone in class got 30s on a test and she got mad at us. It was because she is an asshole when we try to ask questions.

my social studies teacher always goes on a rant how we're 'babies' who can't come to school and always show up late when he isn't even there half the time! and his stories always include a car crash or- and then I was covered in blood or then I dropped my kid.

god I hate those two teachers.

@my math teacher got 100s in math through highschool and college. That's the problem though. She has no patience...

Oh my gosh that sucks. But one the bright side, your other teachers must be better, right?

@mchalla3 Oh my gosh that sucks. But one the bright side, your other teachers must be better, right?

yup. my other teachers besides them aren't assholes shitting on my day- from hell.

I know teachers like that too. thankfully I don't have them. I would probly end up punching them. I hate teachers who talk down to their kids like that. I had to sit in another teacher's class when mine was abscent and by the tone in her voice she thought she was talking to pre-k kids! that really pisses me off.

@I know teachers like that too. thankfully I don't have them. I would probly end up punching them. I hate teachers...

Then there's the whole honors thing. It's like you make one little mistake and they're all "youre in HONORS you should KNOW better. As if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

@mchalla3 Then there's the whole honors thing. It's like you make one little mistake and they're all "youre in HONORS you...

yeah i don't have honors but i get that too. oh you're a Pre-ap kid why don't you behave better? when really it's the nerds that lack social intelligence and they should know that because it's in freshman psychology. They should have took that class to be a teacher in the first place!

@yeah i don't have honors but i get that too. oh you're a Pre-ap kid why don't you behave better? when really it's...

I kind of hate school. Bit these teachers are only period one and two so its no big deal. I feel better as soon as i go to study hall right after.

@for me it's one and three. yeah i'm not gonna let these assholes hold me back.

Makes me wonder how they kept their job if their students always suck. I know my math teacher was moved from sixth grade to eighth. Guess who got her both times? Lol

@mchalla3 Makes me wonder how they kept their job if their students always suck. I know my math teacher was moved from sixth...

ah man, ha i've never had a teacher twice. I'd ask for a different one if i got one i hated twice

@ah man, ha i've never had a teacher twice. I'd ask for a different one if i got one i hated twice

Eh, she's bearable. I usually just reteach myself the lesson from the textbook every night with whatever tips i managed to understand from class.

Yeah, I'm kind of killing myself for not taking Bio Honors. Everyone in my regular Bio class are dimwits. The guys who sit behind my eat pot brownies in the class every Thursday.

@Rozz Every Thursday? At least they're consistent....

Yeah. The one who brings them in keeps them in a plastic bag with "happy Thursday : )" written on it. But sometimes they get high on other days, too.

No, but I will say that there aren't as many bad kids in AP classes, unless you count AP Computer Science.

I had a scheduling conflict with my AP psychology class and the chemistry honors class being the same period so I took regular chemistry and the class was a joke. No one took the class seriously and made it impossible for the teacher to attempt to teach. I was the only person in the class who did the work so everyone tried to copy off of me and cheat off of me test days, it was honestly the worst class ever.

karen_xoxos avatar karen_xoxo Yeah You Are +1Reply
@karen_xoxo I had a scheduling conflict with my AP psychology class and the chemistry honors class being the same period so I...

Yeah Chemistry was a joke. I took Honors Chemistry and even that was fairly simple but AP Chemistry.......SO HARD!

CatMans avatar CatMan Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm generally a Gifted level student(the extra level wedged in between Honors and AP for those who don't want to take AP yet), and I once ended up in regular Physics by a scheduling error. The teacher used to say that I was the student who kept him sane. The others were just that bad.

Asteriskis avatar Asteriski Yeah You Are +1Reply

For example: when to use passive voice

@ForeverMarauder For example: when to use passive voice

For example: when to lay off of someone for a grammar mistake because it doesn't affect the comprehensibility of the sentence and thus doesn't matter.

@For example: when to lay off of someone for a grammar mistake because it doesn't affect the comprehensibility of...

I -do- know when to lay off someone for a grammar mistake that doesn't affect the comprehensibility of the sentence. The OP is criticizing other people for their apparent lack of intelligence; therefore, I came to the conclusion that this is not one of those times.

I love AP classes, they are so much more fun than regulars, I REAAAALLY regret taking all regulars Freshman and Sophomore year.

The problem is that some kids are still fucking idiots that struggle to understand and ask hundreds of questions, even though they eventually get good grades.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are -3Reply
@Ram27 The problem is that some kids are still fucking idiots that struggle to understand and ask hundreds of questions...

At least they try. The only ones I find annoying are those who don't ask questions, fail the class, then blame everyone else.

_pi_s avatar _pi_ Yeah You Are +19Reply
@_pi_ At least they try. The only ones I find annoying are those who don't ask questions, fail the class, then blame...

I'm the kid that's not afraid to ask questions. My peers saying that they had the same question but they didn't want to ask it for fear of sounding stupid but, I don't give a shit. I'm also in AP. if you're too proud to ask for help you'll never get anywhere in life.

@1630127

Google is your friend. You should talk to people more to get over lack of common sense. Street smarts come from street expiriences (I think I spelled that wrong). Make more friends and you'll pick up on things like that.

@1630147

:( you uh, I don't know how to help you. All I can say is get our more you might pick up some sense.

@YeahIAm If you already know the answer, you don't need to ask the question.

I didn't say I asked questions I didn't know the answer to. I said I ask questions I'm curious about. Then later people tell me they had the same question but were too afraid to ask.

@I didn't say I asked questions I didn't know the answer to. I said I ask questions I'm curious about. Then later...

I know, but your ending sentence made it sound like you thought people that didn't ask questions weren't going anywhere in life. I know that's not exactly what you said, but I'm just saying not everyone has questions.

@YeahIAm I know, but your ending sentence made it sound like you thought people that didn't ask questions weren't going...

What I'm saying is when you do have questions it's better to ask it then just wonder and fail, regardless of people that already getting it hazing you or not.

Or the kids who just ask for the answers on the work sheet instead of learning. Those are the really annoying kids, because they think they can get by with doing nothing.

Yes, exactly! The cutoff for AP should be far higher. The teachers spend half time tutoring the stupid kids that don't deserve to be in the class and their fucking idiotic questions.

Did you mean to say Mexicans?

@YeahIAm Did you mean to say Mexicans?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA