+194

The Jackpot for the lottery can often reach over 200 million dollars in a matter of weeks. Imagine if that money went to charity as opposed to one person who usually squanders it on yachts and beach houses. amirite?

TheShamWowGuys avatar
1 15
The voters have decided that TheShamWowGuy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah but most people only play because they think they're in with a chance of winning all the money, if it went to charity less people would play and there would be less money.

In most states, the profits go to college tuition aid. Also the lottery makes money that does go to charity. They wouldn't run a lottery that loses more money than it draws in.

Then... nobody would buy tickets? People who care about charity donate to it already. People who want a microscopic chance to become a millionaire buy lottery tickets. Guess which group's money funds that 200 million?

@Then... nobody would buy tickets? People who care about charity donate to it already. People who want a microscopic...

Stop, i know. This is a hypothetical situation where people would not know that the money was going to charity.

TheShamWowGuys avatar TheShamWowGuy Yeah You Are -2Reply
@TheShamWowGuy Stop, i know. This is a hypothetical situation where people would not know that the money was going to charity.

I don't see how they couldn't know.
"OMG OMG I WON THE LOTTERY I'M RICH! Wait where's the prize money...went to a charity? And you didn't tell me before? I'm suing." <-- is the type of situation I'm seeing here.

@Cedz I don't see how they couldn't know. "OMG OMG I WON THE LOTTERY I'M RICH! Wait where's the prize money...went to a...

What part of hypothetical situation do you not understand. Obviously this is not going to happen anytime soon. The goal of the post was to show that the lottery can raise a lot of funds in a short period of time, but rather of going to a lot of people, it goes to a few. Note the word "imagine" .... Is that too hard for you?

TheShamWowGuys avatar TheShamWowGuy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Cedz Hey there is no need to be rude. Jeez, keep your tampon in.

I'm rude because you took my words, rephrased them to mean something else, and then attacked it. Don't attack something I never said..

TheShamWowGuys avatar TheShamWowGuy Yeah You Are -1Reply

It's over 300 million now... lol

Richards avatar Richard Yeah You Are 0Reply

The taxes on it in Texas goes to public schools I think.

@The taxes on it in Texas goes to public schools I think.

The taxes, but not the jackpot... People only play the lottery for selfish reasons, but if the lottery was given to charity (without the players knowledge), millions of dollars could be raised in a very short period of time

TheShamWowGuys avatar TheShamWowGuy Yeah You Are -3Reply
@TheShamWowGuy The taxes, but not the jackpot... People only play the lottery for selfish reasons, but if the lottery was given to...

Yeah but it's been selfish from the start. Hey guys let's put all our money together and give it to one person. Think about it. And the taxes cut out a big chunk for public schools. (I know it's not the jackpot. I know how a lottery works lol)