-54

Its pretty annoying when you cough and someone says " Bless you", amirite?

CalicoMorgans avatar
2 18
The voters have decided that CalicoMorgan is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

*funny

You inconsiderate asshole. I would say it's the thought that counts.

I know, it's awful when people have manners.
So what if it's not the "right" thing to say in response to a cough? They're just being polite.

I'm against religion but honestly I think it's just well natured when people do that. I often say it too, even though I'm an atheist.

Or maybe I'm missing the point and it's about the "coughing" not the fact that it's a jerk move to assume someone believes in your imaginary man in the sky.

Runys avatar Runy No Way -1Reply
@1636659

I live in an area with tons of religious people.
I'm an atheist so they hate me for the most part.
They are awful people and hate me due to yes, as I see it, an imaginary man in the sky.
So although I see your point, my hate towards the religious comes before their feelings.

Runys avatar Runy No Way 0Reply
@1636669

Sorry, it was a bit to tl;dr/not to the point so I replaced it.
I assure you it wasn't to avoid any points you made, I hadn't noticed.

Runys avatar Runy No Way 0Reply
@Runy Sorry, it was a bit to tl;dr/not to the point so I replaced it. I assure you it wasn't to avoid any points you...

You can't generalize on all religious people. What about religions where there is no higher power?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Runy You seem to completely miss the point. Good job.

Okay, well what about religious people who aren't narrowminded assholes? We do exist. And we hate overgeneralizing athiests like you.

@Axolotl You're "against religion"? Not cool bro.

The biggest religion in western society is against homosexuality and women's free speech?
Not cool, bro.

Runys avatar Runy No Way -1Reply
@Axolotl I accept that, but that's not all religion.

I'd honestly say that my main problem is with stuff like what I just said but of course there's the fact that the large majority of religions are well.. Belief in a thing that is somehow unfalsifiable or something that has been proven to be false. And if you're believe in that kind of thing when it comes to believing in something like an afterlife, god, etc. then it's not really a good thing to be out of touch with reality like that.

If I believed in magical flying walruses you'd think there's something wrong with me.

Runys avatar Runy No Way -1Reply
@Runy I'd honestly say that my main problem is with stuff like what I just said but of course there's the fact that the...

Yeah, but I wouldn't care- if you wanted to believe in magical flying walruses and it didn't affect me, then you could go ahead. I don't like it when a person hurts others physically or mentally because of their religion, but otherwise, I don't have anything against it.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +1Reply