+145

People shouldn't hate Valentine's Day so much. What's wrong with people celebrating someone they care about? Everyone talks about how important it is to love, but it's bad to designate a day for it? amirite?

stacysmoms avatar
2 16
The voters have decided that stacysmom is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Personally I just hate how commercialized and forced it is.

Why does there have to be a day for it? Isn't it supposed to be everyday?

Well, from the perspective of a single person, yes, love is fine. Great, even, However, being reminded of a certain relationship we don't have so vigorously and constantly can be irritating if not downright painful. From the perspective of a person in a relationship, why in the hell is corporate america designating us a day to honor our love? That just cheapens it. If we truly love someone, it should be about the small things and sacrifices we make each day for the ones we truly love rather than any grand gesture on one particular day that every other person in the country is just because.

Well, people say that it is bad because of all the pressure about it. Those who hate on it are the ones who either don't have a bf/gf and are just bitching; or those who don't like having to go out of their way to do something nice for their special someone. They do not say it is bad because it is based on love, but either way those people just complain too much.

Pergensteins avatar Pergenstein Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Pergenstein Well, people say that it is bad because of all the pressure about it. Those who hate on it are the ones who either...

I don't like Valentine's Day. Not because I'm just bitching or because I don't have a boyfriend, but there is no point to Valentine's Day. Why do we have to have a designated day to tell our loved one that we love them? Isn't that something we should show them everyday?

Even though I'm not in a relationship, I love Valentine's Day. It's just such a sweet day, all chocolate and happiness and flowers. One of my favorite holidays, I don't care how marketed it is.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +7Reply

I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day because you end up buying your loved one(s) gifts that they almost certainly wouldn't've bought themselves anyways.

Maybe people wouldn't be so against it if all those people bragging about their bfs/gfs weren't the reason the highest rate of suicide is the day after valentines day?

@Juliaface Maybe people wouldn't be so against it if all those people bragging about their bfs/gfs weren't the reason the...

I would love to, but there's one slight inconvenience. Let me remember... OH YEAH. They're dead.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Oh man you're so smart. Can I be you when I grow up? What I meant was I'm not killing myself because of someone having a SO and I don't blame the victims. It's not my thing.

Well, obviously the people that have no one to celebrate Valentine's Day with aren't going to appreciate what it's supposed to mean for other people. emo smilie

I like the idea of it, but what irritates me is how the media has turned it into a money grabber, and how its just another influence that pressures us into thinking that we /need/ to be in a relationship. I know of people who go into a relationship just because they don't want to be single on Valentine's day.
And It only focuses on romantic relationships; Valentine's day should also be about your friends and family, and showing them how much you care.