-153

Men should take care of the woman outside of the home
And women should take care of the man in the home
It is not sexist, it is equality, a balance. amirite?

Gavins avatar
2 36
The voters have decided that Gavin is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I say independence on both sides. Man works and pays for his shit, and woman works and pays for her shit. Man makes his own food and woman makes her own food. Of course kind gestures of making food for your better half are appreciated, but it shouldn't be a demand. I think it's fucking pathetic when a guy can't cook his own food or do his own laundry; then when he moves out of his mom's house he has to immediately find a spouse because he can't survive without a woman cooking his meals and cleaning up after him. When a man and woman share a house, they should be splitting the costs to live there. When a man and woman have children, they should split the costs in the most efficient way possible. Those are just my speculations anyway. Things usually turn out to be more complicated than that.

Or we can all work to abolish antiquated gender roles and let people do what the fuck they want to. If a women wants to work, great. If she wants to stay home and be the perfect wife and mother, great. Nobody "should" be expected to perform any specific way because of what's between their legs, men included.

Cuban_Bs avatar Cuban_B No Way +14Reply
@dzmax Gender roles can only truly be abolished when men can carry babies to term.

That's not even a little bit true. Gender roles are the ways in which a society expects each gender to act. Childbirth isn't really an issue when trying to abandon gender stereotypes.

@Cuban_B That's not even a little bit true. Gender roles are the ways in which a society expects each gender to act...

It is more than a little bit true. Please, don't try to educate me anonymously over the Internet.

@dzmax It is more than a little bit true. Please, don't try to educate me anonymously over the Internet.

??? Lol um, okay. If you don't want to have a discussion, then don't reply to me?

@Cuban_B ??? Lol um, okay. If you don't want to have a discussion, then don't reply to me?

If you want to have a discussion, have a discussion - don't try and be a teacher to someone who could very easily know more than you.

@dzmax If you want to have a discussion, have a discussion - don't try and be a teacher to someone who could very easily...

"Could" but doesn't. Look, men have stereotypes to combat all on their own. To be considered "manly" one has to be tough, aggressive, mostly domineering towards women, and demeaning towards anything considered feminine, and often that includes other men. That's bullshit. A guy not being able to carry children doesn't mean that he won't be ridiculed if he doesn't fit into the mold that society makes for men. I'm not trying to be a teacher, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

@Cuban_B "Could" but doesn't. Look, men have stereotypes to combat all on their own. To be considered "manly" one has to be...

I thought you were bleating on about gender roles, not stereotypes. At least be consistent in what you're trying to educate me about.

@dzmax I thought you were bleating on about gender roles, not stereotypes. At least be consistent in what you're trying to...

Same shit? I was "bleating on" about stereotypical gender roles. Lol but alright, I'm done.

@Cuban_B Same shit? I was "bleating on" about stereotypical gender roles. Lol but alright, I'm done.

Well not really; you were just preaching equal rights in some inane way, and then I countered by stating that this will never be achieved while there is still a disparity in bodily functions which, ultimately, define the rights to which a person is entitled. Then you tried to call bullshit and tried to define a gender role as a stereotype. GTFO bro.

Gender roles are social constructs, not biological traits.

@fEMMAnist Gender roles are social constructs, not biological traits.

Wow, thanks. I already knew that ¬_¬ I also already knew that those social constructs were built around those biological traits - women bear children and are smaller than men, so men, at some point, took it upon themselves to be all alpha - lots of posturing, essentially. But that doesn't change the fact that women will always be affected (afflicted, if you will) by the ability (disadvantage) of (having to go through) pregnancy - it's the big difference between man and woman that will always exist, for all of time. No matter how equal men and women will be, that one thing can never change.

What if the man/woman doesn't want to, or would rather do the opposite?

That's fine as a suggestion. Not as a rule. Every relationship should be different, because every couple is different.

That is sexist...

@soberlikekesha That is sexist...

I completely agree with what you said, but I made this deal with my boyfriend... Does that make me a hypocrite?

@I completely agree with what you said, but I made this deal with my boyfriend... Does that make me a hypocrite?

No, I don't think you're a hypocrite. If you believe ALL women should not do that, but you do it yourself, then you would be a hypocrite. But adhering to traditional gender roles isn't neccessarily a bad thing unless you want to force them on others.

They should both take care of eachother in and out of the house.

Or people could just work it out their own way and do whatever suits them?

How about just taking care of each other whenever? What about having a healthy relationship where you love and care for each other without gender roles and stereotypes playing into view?

Or maybe they should do whatever the fuck they want and ignore your ideas about archaic social constructs.

No one said anything about the woman not being able to work.
Then there'd be no balance
That would be the man wouldn't be able to come home.
Where is the equality there?

Gavins avatar Gavin Yeah You Are -7Reply
@Gavin No one said anything about the woman not being able to work. Then there'd be no balance That would be the man...

I think your logic goes sour when you say that both can work, but men do not have to have a role in the house while women must. But as people above me have said, every relationship is different, and as long as it works for the couple, it's fine.

They both work
They both cook
But whenever you see a man opening a door for a woman, that's sexist?
When he pays for her meal, what a jack ass for being so inconsiderate as to think she has no means of financially providing for her own meal.
Chivalry is a nice word for of sexism
One that women enjoy
Is it too much to ask that when or if I risk my life to protect my wife from group of muggers, that she maybe get me some pj's, maybe a cup of coffee, or hell a damn sandwich.
In return, I'll open the door for her, protect her, pick up her coffee at the Tim Horton's (yeah, I'm Canadian)
And even carry all the stuff for her when she goes shopping.
Not because I'm sexist, because I want to take care of her.
that's why I'm in a relationship with them.

Men and women have their roles, unfortunately it is true that it doesn't go for everyone, it think that was obvious considering I didn't mention same sex relationships. Forgive me for not being more clear. Then again, most anyone could see that.

Gavins avatar Gavin Yeah You Are -9Reply
@Gavin They both work They both cook But whenever you see a man opening a door for a woman, that's sexist? When he...

Separate but equal is NOT equal. And really? You're so petty as to think your wife owes you something for saving her life? Or HER BEING ALIVE could be the reward??

@Separate but equal is NOT equal. And really? You're so petty as to think your wife owes you something for saving...

thinking that women are some divine supernatural being is sexist against men.
They women are no better then women and vice versa

Gavins avatar Gavin Yeah You Are -3Reply
@Gavin thinking that women are some divine supernatural being is sexist against men. They women are no better then women...

If they're no better than each other, why can't a woman follow her dreams?

And I'd just like to add that I doubt you accidently voted up 2 of your comments on the same post. http://amirite.net/699714/1641212

@Fred_Weasley If they're no better than each other, why can't a woman follow her dreams? And I'd just like to add that I doubt...

I never said she couldn't. Where in my post does it state that? And no the second wasn't by accident. You're right. But you should put a bit more time in your arguments then wasting it taking screen shots

Gavins avatar Gavin Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Gavin I never said she couldn't. Where in my post does it state that? And no the second wasn't by accident. You're right...

"Men should take care of the woman outside of the home" I think this implies that the man will be the one responsible for bringing home the money. "And women should take care of the man in the home" And I think this implies that the woman will be spending her time cooking and cleaning.

Usually when someone votes up their own downvoted comment, they do it to raise the score. I'm just pointing it out.

1. You voted up your own comment. Not a good thing. And just in case you un-vote: http://ctrlv.in/65379

2. You're being a little dramatic. "when or if I risk my life to protect my wife from group of muggers" Really?

@Fred_Weasley 1. You voted up your own comment. Not a good thing. And just in case you un-vote: http://ctrlv.in/65379 2. You're...

often times people will exagerate in a story or argument to help others to understand their point of view. and yeah I voted my own vote comment up. despite the fact that I accidently touched it on my touch screen phone, I just really think I'm right.

Fuck that, we have our own balance. My boyfriend doesn't want a maid he wants a partner and I don't give a shit about him opening doors for me and we buy each other meals or sometimes split the cost. Everyone has to do what works for them in their relationship but I refuse to play into gender roles for mine and it's not unfortunate.