-259

No matter "how good of a book it is," Harry Potter is over rated. Amirite?

2 17
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I like Harry Potter. I've read the books and watched the movies, but it's annoying the way some people act like it's the greatest thing ever created.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +12Reply

Whoa there, we don't mess around with Harry Potter.

@yeahithoughtso Whoa there, we don't mess around with Harry Potter.

Of course not! Everybody knows the series is amazing and we must therefore worship it! lolwut smilie

boxtops avatar boxtop Yeah You Are +1Reply

Extremely overrated.

silvershadow6s avatar silvershadow6 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@silvershadow6 Extremely overrated.

I'd actually call it the most overrated series of all time.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +1Reply

Ooooo I should probably leave since I can see that a bunch of drama is about to happen... Runs and grabs popcorn

I would agree, but you say that "no matter how good it is" it's overrated. It's not overrated if it actually is as good as people say it is.

Now, I do think people are going over the top when they obsess over it and act as if they believe it's true, but it is a good book and I think it's deserving of the praise it gets.

I loved the books, but I agree. They're not as great as most people act like they are.

Blasphemy.

To each, their own.

I'm staying neutral on this. I love Harry Potter, but the fanbase is so extreme that it turns me off a bit from the series. Especially when I look at AverageWizard or HarryPotterSexConfessions. In my opinion, those sites/blogs are just as bad as DirtyBieberSecrets and MyLifeIsTwilight.

Filthy muggle! That post is over-rated!

Meaps avatar Meap No Way -2Reply

The thing that always bothered me is that Harry is the same person from the beginning of book 1 to the end of book 7. He doesn't change at all...

@Apple_Pie The thing that always bothered me is that Harry is the same person from the beginning of book 1 to the end of book...

Dear people who down voted: prove me wrong.

No, seriously, show me how Harry is a dynamic character.

@Apple_Pie Dear people who down voted: prove me wrong. No, seriously, show me how Harry is a dynamic character.

Here's one very specific example: In book five, Harry sees Cho on the Hogwarts Express and he's totally embarrassed to be sitting with Luna and Neville. He wishes she could've seen him sitting with "cooler people". One year later on the train, he is approached by Romilda Vane, who asks him to join her group. Here, he defends Luna and Neville and refuses her offer.