-37

It's the pinnicle of human hypocisy that there is such a high demand for animal rights, yet the killing of unborn humans is considered a personal choice. In other words, we'd rather protect the puppies and rabbits than our own children. We need to get our priorities straight, amirite?

2 45
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't think that people should use abortion as a form of birth control, but if you're raped or it's a result of incest or your life is going to be in danger because you're pregnant, then I think it's perfectly fine.

Abortion should be legal--but only for certain reasons. Rape, incest, life endangered, etc. Not birth control. Also, if abortion was illegal, then there would be a hell of a lot more pseudo-doctors performing abortions illegally and unsafely, and that would probably result in the death of the mother too. In the end, it's the mom's choice, not yours. If you don't like abortion, don't get one.

yeah....shut your face hole

Oh and abortions happen naturally all the time, only 1 in 3 fertilized eggs makes it to become an embryo. A lot of the time the zygote wont attach to the endometrium (uterine wall) and comes out during the period and the girl never knows she was prego

@Oh and abortions happen naturally all the time, only 1 in 3 fertilized eggs makes it to become an embryo. A lot of...

that's a little different than willingly ending a life, but nice try. and wouldn't it be better in that five years for you to know your at least someone's taking care of your baby, and you could go find them, then to realize that your baby's dead, and that YOU killed it? does adoption seem so bad now?

whats better, a baby that doesnt no anything and has nothing to compare anything with just not waking up, or being born into a life where it is not wanted, not loved and cant be afforded??

@whats better, a baby that doesnt no anything and has nothing to compare anything with just not waking up, or being...

Really? We have thousand of prisoners that are not wanted, loved and we can't afford them. Let's abort them too. :-P

I'm actually against abortion, but you dont have to be an ass about it saying "Oh, animals are more important than babies??" I bet that if you were a civilized person about it, alot of people would have said, yeah you are.

@I'm actually against abortion, but you dont have to be an ass about it saying "Oh, animals are more important than...

I believe in raising livestock for survival since overpopulation is inevitable and frankly farm lands are shrinking because real estate and money seem to be more important to some. Right Arnols S.? I regress.
I don't believe we need to hunt deer or whales though. We have come way beyond the neanderthal hunting rituals.

well sorry if i seemed that way to you, but it's the truth. right now, people are placing the needs of animals over the needs of fellow human beings, and that's just wrong.

@well sorry if i seemed that way to you, but it's the truth. right now, people are placing the needs of animals over...

That's because when you're nice to an animal they become your friend or just leave and go about business.
With humans when you do something nice they come back with the other hand out looking for more without so much as a thank you.

What about the variable of extinction. Humans are overpopulating the world, while animals are endangered. Should we kill off a species merely because it is unable to think like us and what not. Equally, by allowing abortion, we will help prevent overpopulation from becoming a problem. You must think of the needs of the many, not the few

@What about the variable of extinction. Humans are overpopulating the world, while animals are endangered. Should we...

We'll keep that in mind when you're old and need social security money. In the mean time, let's euthanize your grandparents! Utilitarianism can be a bitch.

I'm not saying we should kill off the animals, i'm saying that we should not be concerned with protecting the other animals as much as we should be concerned with protecting the members of our species. stop animals cruelty, sure, but don't scream about killing a chicken when a baby's dying right next to it.

Wat about protecting the rights and lives of others involved? Like the prospective parents who do not want the fetus.

@skinzfan602 Wat about protecting the rights and lives of others involved? Like the prospective parents who do not want the fetus.

The least we could do is spay/neuter the parents so they don't "accidentally" make a mistake again. :-P

@skinzfan602 somebody should neuter you

Too late. I made babies responsible. :-P
But since your fuse went off I hope you grow up and put all your ignorance behind you.

What about protecting the right of the fetus who didn't ask to be put in the mother's uterus in the first place? it's a two-way street, my friend.

A famous pianist is dying of a blood disease. The only cure is to have him receive blood constantly from another person for 9 months. A group of his fans decide to kidnap you during the night and attach you to the pianist. When you wake up, they explain that if you detach from the pianist he will die, otherwise, you must stay attached for 9 months. do you have the right to get up and walk away from the pianist, thus killing him?

@skinzfan602 A famous pianist is dying of a blood disease. The only cure is to have him receive blood constantly from another...

Yep. Poor pianist. R.I.P.
Now if they asked nicely I would donate blood since being drained of all my blood for nine months would kill me or lose my job at least.
The fans can go to jail for kidnapping and rot.

@skinzfan602 therefore then a mother has a right to kill an unborn child. you said so yourself

Where in that reply did you read that? I hope you aren't a mentally handicapped person just hitting keys randomly on the keyboard and somehow making half baked remarks because you sound like it right now.

@Where in that reply did you read that? I hope you aren't a mentally handicapped person just hitting keys randomly...

... YOU DUMBASS, he made his point perfectly. If you can cut off the blood to him and let him die and not go to jail, you can cut off blood to the unborn child and not get punished, or is you brain to small to comprehend common sense

There is a demand for animal rights against animal cruelty. Not (in most cases) killing animals. Lots of people are ok with killing chickens and eating then, as long as they are free range, not battery hens.
It is sad, that we would not even consider abusing a baby, but we are having to fight against abuse of baby chickens, pigs and all other animals that we torture. Why is this not illegal?
I think we ought to fight for the rights of animals, not for the rights of babies.

@There is a demand for animal rights against animal cruelty. Not (in most cases) killing animals. Lots of people are...

this was exactly my point. if people would rather fight for the rights of animals rather than the members of our own species, there is a serious problem. and why isn't abortion considered cruelty?

People use abortion as a form of birth controll and the baby didnt ask to be concieved but maybe the parents should have used some form of birth controll, that was their choice and they shouldnt have the choice to kill what they created. If birth controll didnt work then im sorry, you can put up with nine months and give a chance at life and put the child up for adoption. There is a HUGE waiting list for adoptions. If it seems to hurtful to put your child up for adoption so you would rather kill it, youre just insane. People need to be held responsible for their actions. If you can look at an ultra sounds and not say its life, youre emotionally blind. You have no heart. And dont call me hateful because of this comment, its my opinion and you can get over it. I wont stop caring about the unborn just because someone yels at me. Yo should als know im against animal cruelty, fighting abortion is just my priority.

@People use abortion as a form of birth controll and the baby didnt ask to be concieved but maybe the parents should...

Adoption is a nice thing and all but it sounds like and gives people an excuse to get pregnant.
Like "it's OK, we can have all the baies we want and don't even have to take care of them. We can give them away like they used to do with puppies."
People need to think before they do things and quit handing off their problems. How many adopted people live with the constant question of why was i adopted and who did it? Then they grow up and do the same thing.

@Adoption is a nice thing and all but it sounds like and gives people an excuse to get pregnant. Like "it's OK, we...

I agree with your second paragraph. Not so much the first, people can use abortion as an excuse as well.."oh well it doesn't matter, I can always have an abortion" I think people who make grown up decisions like having sex without protection need to be ready to grow up and take care of their baby if they happen to get pregnant. I mean, its not like they don't know that having unprotected sex makes babies.

@I agree with your second paragraph. Not so much the first, people can use abortion as an excuse as well.."oh well...

Yes, you are right but my point was only about adoptions.
In reality we humans need to step back and start taking care of all animals on this planet including humans. In my opinion we need to concentrate on the rain forest and the oceans. The Pacific Gyre is totally an eye opener.

You should also learn how to spell when voicing your opinion. When I read posts like this, I am more than willing to hear you out but misspelled words are distracting and invalidate your argument.

Adoption is a wonderful thing and the ppl that give up their babies are great but its not that easy for everyone. It would be hard to carry a baby for 9 months, shove it out your vag and then just give it away, i know you would say 'just keep it then' but if you were in a good situation to raise a baby then you wouldnt be giving it away. Plus, you could give your baby away but what happens 5 years later when you got your shit together and want your kid back??? then its painful for everyone no matter how that turns out.