+205

Americans: We should make a charity for the National Debt and make celebrities donate their money until we've paid it all. Problem Solved, amirite?

4 23

You do realize the National Debt is trillions of dollars, right? And it's not donating if they're being forced to do it.

Shuns avatar Shun No Way +22Reply

But celebrities have more important things to spend their money on, like invisible jet-skis and miniature giraffes.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +18Reply

I'm agree but we should also make every rich jerk contribute too.

GargleMyNargless avatar GargleMyNargles Yeah You Are +16Reply

why does everyone think that just because somebody has more money, they deserve it less? just like every other citizen who has earned their money legitimately, they've worked hard, and, can do use their money however the see fit.

Or the billions of dollars we give to countries all over the world. That's what's unnecessary. Why do we give Egypt 1.5 billion dollars in aid every year when we have a 14 TRILLION dollar deficit? We obviously can't stop spending entirely, but we could cut out a goo chunk, not leave it to the next generation

Or we could just stop spending...

@haleyhsf Or we could just stop spending...

And stop paying for education, new roads, research, military... yeah... good plan there, buddy.

@Treeleaf And stop paying for education, new roads, research, military... yeah... good plan there, buddy.

haleyhsf should have said needless spending. We're doing a lot of it right now. Another big problem is we're buying tons of shit from other countries but nobody's buying anything from us.

@1643863

...Did you even read the comment before mine? They said 'stop spending'. I never said we couldn't cut anything back, I was just saying those were things we couldn't just stop paying for altogether.

We have a trade deficit and illogical spending.... I dont know what to say now :/

Why should rich people have to cover the irresponsible spending of the government? They deserve their money just as much as us.

You can actually make a donation toward the national debt. They have special offices for that, I think, but your donation probably wouldn't even make a dent. Every man, woman, baby, and child would have to pay a little more than 40,000 dollars in order to pay off the debt.

So, you're suggesting forcing people who had nothing to do with the problem to be stuck with the consequences? Doing that would make us no better than the government that got us into the mess in the first place. No. Fucking. Thank you.

@MrRite So, you're suggesting forcing people who had nothing to do with the problem to be stuck with the consequences?...

This post really wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. This is obviously not a logical way to fix the economy. Calm. Your. Tits.

@laurenmadeleine This post really wasn't supposed to be taken seriously. This is obviously not a logical way to fix the economy...

How do you know it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously? It's not listed under jokes. Also, there are absolutely people who feel that this and even worse plans would be an acceptable solution to fix the deficit.

@MrRite How do you know it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously? It's not listed under jokes. Also, there are absolutely...

I know it's not supposed to be taken seriously because I made this post. I assumed that people would see this and understand that it was a joke. I'm sure no one thinks that this is a good way to fix the economy.

@laurenmadeleine I know it's not supposed to be taken seriously because I made this post. I assumed that people would see this and...

Well, first I must say you greatly underestimate the stupidity that humanity can stoop to. Second, I just noticed the username on the post. That's a pretty good indication that it was supposed to be a joke. This one's my mistake. Sorry.