+846

You didn't have a valentine on Valentine's Day? Some people don't have a mother on Mother's Day, or a father on Father's Day, so shut up. Amirite?

monkeyjuices avatar
61 14
The voters have decided that monkeyjuice is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I didn't have a groundhog on groundhog day :(

Complaining is now a bigger Valentine's Day thing than celebrating love.
People are dumb.

Damn, harsh.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +30Reply
@Suzywao Damn, harsh.

It's not harsh, it's truth. They have no right to complain over something so little while others suffer over bigger things.

coolstorys avatar coolstory Yeah You Are -1Reply
@coolstory It's not harsh, it's truth. They have no right to complain over something so little while others suffer over bigger...

Really? So, you're saying that you NEVER allow yourself to feel sad, or annoyed, or frustrated, because somewhere out there, someone you don't know is dying or getting raped?

Using that same logic, you could argue that none of us have the right to ever feel happy, because somewhere out there, there's someone who has a cooler, more balling life. Except that doesn't make any sense, does it? And neither does what you said.

@Really? So, you're saying that you NEVER allow yourself to feel sad, or annoyed, or frustrated, because somewhere...

I have the coolest, most ballinest life. So I'm the only one who can be happy!

YouKnowMatts avatar YouKnowMatt Yeah You Are +4Reply

Not only are you 100% correct, but I'd like to add it's also presumptouous to the OP to assume that a) people with no Valentine's don't ALSO have no parents and this is just the straw that broke the camels b) they're single because they jsut can't get a date. What if my wife/husband/gf/bf died, and that's why I'm sad?

There is always someone suffering over a bigger thing. Just because I think not having a Valentine is trivial and shallow doesn't mean it isn't a big deal to other people, and I would comfort a friend or stranger who felt distressed regardless of the reason. People have the 'right' to complain about whatever they want.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +19Reply

Imagine if we didn't have a president today...

well.

monkeyjuices avatar monkeyjuice Yeah You Are +6Reply

poor batman...

Dayyuuum, guys..

monkeyjuices avatar monkeyjuice Yeah You Are 0Reply

People complain much more about not having a valentine on Valentine's Day than not having a mom or dad on Mother's or Father's day. I don't really know my father, so I never got to celebrate it, but I don't go around bitching about how sad I am that my dad left us. It's simply annoying to hear people complain.

Exactly.