+225

You find it ironic that people stand for "standing up for what you believe in, no matter what people think." Unless it's pop music or Twilight, then they think you suddenly suck at life no matter what and you should go die. amirite?

mashmallow515s avatar
6 14
The voters have decided that mashmallow515 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I hold an issue with people who become manic over it. I don't hate people if they enjoy it, because everybody's got their own opinion. It's when they attack other people for not liking something (be it Twilight, pop music, Harry Potter, etc) that I get judgey.

"Stand up for what you believe in" is usually applied to things like moral values, not pop culture

@Chewbanshee You piggybacker! http://touch.amirite.net/701019

haha, sorry... I did indeed see that post, however I didn't think it meant the same message as mine. So I decided to post my own, which I thought was different. But maybe the poster meant to say the same thing as me, I just didn't interpret it correctly.

mashmallow515s avatar mashmallow515 Yeah You Are +2Reply

The only Twilight that is right to stand up for is Sparkle.

Is this even coherent?

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are -3Reply
@Courage_Wolf Is this even coherent?

It is coherent, actually. It makes sense. Read it out loud.
what I was trying to say is that people are always saying they're proud to be themselves, proud to be unique, proud to be "nerdy" (as an example) or whatever, because "everyone should be accepted for who they are" and "people shouldn't care what others think of them" or anything. But then, as soon as a twilight or Justin Bieber fan pops up, those same people immediately turn on said fans and judge them viciously.

mashmallow515s avatar mashmallow515 Yeah You Are +8Reply
@mashmallow515 It is coherent, actually. It makes sense. Read it out loud. what I was trying to say is that people are always...

Okay, see, the way you phrased this made me think YOU were of the opinion that twilight and justin bieber fans should be judged. It's because in the quotation marks, you use a period instead of a comma, which really made this confusing.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Courage_Wolf Okay, see, the way you phrased this made me think YOU were of the opinion that twilight and justin bieber fans...

Oh. Poop. Does it really sound that way? I tried adding "they think" in there to clarify it but I guess it still doesn't work... ah well.

mashmallow515s avatar mashmallow515 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I didn't know twilight was a value worth sticking up for. Jk. Do whatever you want

Trolololo

WinniethePoohs avatar WinniethePooh Yeah You Are -3Reply