-125

Girls: You used to love the song Sixteen Going on Seventeen from The Sound of Music until you realised that it's kind of sexist; amirite?

choir_addicts avatar Music
0 6
The voters have decided that choir_addict is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I realise it wasn't meant to be sexist and that it was a different time. I guess I just find it laughable that an 18 year old boy thinks he knows so much more than her, he's only a year older. Plus there's the whole "and you belong to him" part.

choir_addicts avatar choir_addict Yeah You Are +6Reply

It's really just a song about how she was young, they were in love, and she wanted him to take care of her, i.e. be her boyfriend. No need to read too much into it.

I don't think it's sexist. It's just a sweet, romantic song. Until the guy becomes a Nazi.

I just don't like "The Sound of Music"

@1703908

I guess because it's like she can't take care of herself. But I think it's supposed to be more romantic than sexist.

I have never loved that song.

sansas avatar sansa No Way 0Reply