+459

The idiom "a penny for your thoughts" has no business being used in an era when anyone can be sued up to $115,000 for downloading a song illegally and when the concept of intellectual property is being abused to no end, amirite?

HopeImrites avatar
14 36
The voters have decided that HopeImrite is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

America: Where you can spend less time in prison for driving under the influence and murdering someone than downloading last week's episode of The Office.

@amiritesucksnow America: Where you can spend less time in prison for driving under the influence and murdering someone than...

Yeah, as an Amurican, I have a god-given right to only be punished fairly for my crimes. It's so annoying that when I commit a crime, I might receive an unfair punishment. I mean, it's not like I could do the obvious thing, and simply not commit the crime in the first place. Nah, instead, I'm going to complain on the internet about how dangerous it is to commit a crime in Amurica, and if you're an upstanding citizen, you'll agree with me.

May God curse any artist who wishes to receive payment in exchange for ownership of his work!!!

@Yeah, as an Amurican, I have a god-given right to only be punished fairly for my crimes. It's so annoying that when...

Something tells me you're not getting my point. My point is it makes no sense that someone would have more time in prison for downloading an episode that is free already if you watched it live, compared to driving drunk and ending a human's life.

@amiritesucksnow Something tells me you're not getting my point. My point is it makes no sense that someone would have more time in...

I get your point. There are a few isolated cases of people not being punished enough for murder, and there are a few isolated cases of people being punished too much for downloading copyrighted content. But I think you need to see my point that complaining about unjust punishment is silly when there's no one on Earth who has any good reason to commit this particular crime in the first place.

@Suzywao You're right. We should execute all prisoners, even misdemeanors.

No, but I think that as a society, we need to stop feeling entitled to commit certain crimes because they benefit us. If we feel entitled to break the law, the law stops serving its purpose.

@No, but I think that as a society, we need to stop feeling entitled to commit certain crimes because they benefit...

I'm not grasping your logic as to how having just punishments for crimes stifles that in any way.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Suzywao I'm not grasping your logic as to how having just punishments for crimes stifles that in any way.

It doesn't, and I never said it does. I'm taking issue with the attitude of the typical internet user who sees no moral issue with downloading GBs worth of free content, but then complains endlessly about some isolated cases of people being punished unfairly for crimes they had no good reason to commit other than their own cowardly sense of entitlement.

I always give people a penny for their thoughts. Then they give me their two cents. INFINITY MONEYS cool smilie

runnerdudes avatar runnerdude Yeah You Are +20Reply

A penny for my thoughts? Oh no, I sell them for a dollar!

@They're worth so much more, after I'm a goner.

And maybe then you’ll hear the words I been singin’...

GryndStones avatar GryndStone Yeah You Are +5Reply
@GryndStone And maybe then you’ll hear the words I been singin’...

Funny when you're dead, how people start listenin'...

:')

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +2Reply

I just can't take this post seriously with OP's profile pic next to it O.O

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +13Reply

Now going to work in Canada for much longer either, since they're discontinuing their pennies.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +9Reply

OP sounds really pissy in this post.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +3Reply

I would like to thank my good friend from Ohio that let me post his thoughts! :)

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +2Reply

Bobs taste like chicken

Singer's thoughts are worth more than 1 cent...

It just needs some slight editing. "Pennies for my thoughts." There we go. All better

Offering your thoughts =/= illegally downloading a song