+236

America is kind of like a teenage girl. Americans can talk bad about the country, but if anyone else does it, shit is going down. It's like a girl posting a picture on Facebook with the caption "OMG, I'm sooo ugly!". No one is supposed to comment saying, "Yeah, you really are.", amirite?

Statefarms avatar
6 10
The voters have decided that Statefarm is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I always thought it was funny that America would trash literally every other country, but as soon as a country makes fun of them, they cry about it and get all defensive.

So yeah, your teenage girl simile works perfectly.

boxtops avatar boxtop Yeah You Are +6Reply

That's a general rule for any country or person , though. You can talk bad about your country or sibling all you want, but you're not going to happy when someone else does it. This is usually because when you're bashing something/ someone that you're close to, you could be doing it teasingly, but an outsider/stranger could serious.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +5Reply

If someone makes a joke about any country, I'm fine with it. I love America jokes. If someone is actually bashing a country with no actual basis except for six people they met on the internet (like this post), I get annoyed no matter what country it is.

@Brettward95 If someone makes a joke about any country, I'm fine with it. I love America jokes. If someone is actually bashing a...

...This post isn't based off of "six people I met on the internet". I know a lot of people that make jokes about how America sucks but then they're super-patriotic later on.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Statefarm This post isn't based off of "six people I met on the internet". I know a lot of people that make jokes about...

Hyperbole my friend. And those are jokes. Many people make jokes that they don't believe are true. Jokes=Good, Ignorant Bashing=Bad

Whenever someone puts a caption like that on fb (rarely, I choose my friends wisely) I always comment "Are you going fishing?" (fishing for compliments, that is)

Very true. I complain about America, but I'll defend it if someone just starts bashing it. Same with my school. I only care if someone seems like they're serious about it.