+76

Women wanted to be completely equal, except for the part where they would die for our country(the draft). I'm not trying to go against women in the armed forces, I respect that, but if they really wanted to be "equal" they should be part of the draft, amirite?

0 30

The reason they pick men for the draft is because they are physically more fitting for the job and if the draft is in effect chances are we're gonna need out soldiers to be as competent as possible. (I'm not saying a woman can't be equally as competent as a man here, but most men would be better suited than most women for the job). Things can be equal without being the exact same. ex: pound of bricks and pound of feathers.

@Frank_n_Furter The reason they pick men for the draft is because they are physically more fitting for the job and if the draft is...

I'm a fairly weak kid, and there's alot of girls that are stronger than me. They're physically stronger than me, so does that mean they should be able to be drafted and not me?

@PeterPan I'm a fairly weak kid, and there's alot of girls that are stronger than me. They're physically stronger than me, so...

No. How would the people in the government know to go ask those certain woman? Would they have a record of abnormally strong women just in case they need to draft them? That's unrealistic.

@Frank_n_Furter No. How would the people in the government know to go ask those certain woman? Would they have a record of...

So why should someone unqualified as myself serve in the draft when there are more capable people out there? Like the job force, ideally you hire someone who is qualified based on their qualities rather than sex or race. Basing someone's qualification purely on gender is stupid.

So a man should be able to be excused if he is, like you said, as incompetent as most woman? Also, for clarification, are you for or against the draft in general?

@So a man should be able to be excused if he is, like you said, as incompetent as most woman? Also, for...

You're aware that a man would be excused if he was incompetent, no? And don't twist my words like that, it's manipulative rhetoric. That would not add any clarification, so I'm keeping it to myself because people like you think it changes, or "clarifies", something about my original point.

@Frank_n_Furter You're aware that a man would be excused if he was incompetent, no? And don't twist my words like that, it's...

I said "as incompetent as most woman" in response to "I'm not saying a woman can't be equally as competent as a man here, but most men would be better suited than most women for the job." I interpreted, maybe wrongly, that phrase as women, typically, being less competent than men which can be reworded as women typically being more incompetent than men [at war/physical labour.] I did not mean fully incompetent, which would be a mental or physical disorder for example, but as a man lacking the competence a typical man might have that usually make them, using an interpretation from your original comment, more competent than a woman. Also, I am sorry for asking for something which makes you uncomfortable. I honestly didn't mean to intrude. I do not want to cause a fight.

The main problem I see with this is pregnancy...

@Imayormaynotexist The main problem I see with this is pregnancy...

Well, of course they wouldn't be allowed to go if they were pregnant.

@Brettward95 It's war. Not fuckfest 2012

Because you need to be fucking ALL the time to get pregnant. It's not like it only takes one time to get pregnant and that people in the military don't have sex.

What a generalization. If you've EVER talked to a woman who said she wanted to be equal except not have to sign up for the draft but still wants men to, then she's a sexist prick and you shouldn't talk to her anymore, because she doesn't represent what I think, or what any other woman thinks.

I vaguely recall the user femmanist saying this, but if you have any respect for human rights, you wouldn't support the draft, period.

@spareseconds What a generalization. If you've EVER talked to a woman who said she wanted to be equal except not have to sign up...

No, she represents what she thinks. Of course not what you think, that doesn't make her wrong. Men and women are different, tough shit deal with it.

@No, she represents what she thinks. Of course not what you think, that doesn't make her wrong. Men and women...

What... when did I ever say men and women were the same? If someone believes an able bodied woman shouldn't have to fight alongside a man of the same strength, then I sense sexism. The draft is another issue but mainly I just didn't like the generalizing.

I started to agree at first, but then i wondered what would happen to a kid if both his parents happened to get drafted. I'd feel pretty bad for him.

I think when fighting for equality it's for things like salaries

sometimes the man and woman will be doing the same job
both doing tasks efficiently
like an office job
but in general, the man is getting a higher pay

it's true that men and women are different in many ways
and one may function better at one task than the other

men and women are also similar in ways as well
so in tasks where we function at the same level
like in that office job
there should be equal pay

@1860675

Yes... But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist anymore. The draft isn't going to be in effect at all times. It's for when the country is in war and is short of soldiers. If we needed it, it would be back in place. That's why men ages 18-25 are required to register.

How about men stop being part of the draft?
I mean, we already have the best army in the world...in fact, we're over 10x better (I think) than the one second to us.

We need to calm the fuck down, I personally believe.

@AdonisBatheus How about men stop being part of the draft? I mean, we already have the best army in the world...in fact, we're...

Best army is different than biggest army. Doesn't matter how good the guns are if there's no one to stand there and hold them.

@LoquaciousHippo Best army is different than biggest army. Doesn't matter how good the guns are if there's no one to stand there and...

I think there are definitely a lot of willing participants to go into the army, considering how many benefits they can get out of it.