+283

Anyone who claims that all current music sucks and that only the music of the previous generation was good are just being douchebags, amirite?

DryTurtles avatar Psychology
2 24
The voters have decided that DryTurtle is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If someone can't find good music from this generation, then s/he isn't looking hard enough.

ThisBlackChicks avatar ThisBlackChick Yeah You Are +28Reply

Maybe they're exaggerating? Because, you know, A LOT of the music is bad. If you go to the hot page on Youtube regarding music, it will always be absolute shit on the entire page.

@Nacklefoodle Maybe they're exaggerating? Because, you know, A LOT of the music is bad. If you go to the hot page on Youtube...

There's a ton of garbage from any generation, it's just that none of it get's remembered. There's still an insane number of good artists putting out great stuff, it's just underground. Musicians today certainly are more talented than they've ever been if you listen to the right genre.

@Mike_Hawk There's a ton of garbage from any generation, it's just that none of it get's remembered. There's still an insane...

I disagree completely. I think the music industry has worked hard to create tricks and technology so that creating popular music takes as little talent as possible. For example Auto tune and dubstep

Show me a guitarist today who can play like Eddie VanHalen or Stevie Ray Vaughn and i might believe you..

@CrueHead Show me a guitarist today who can play like Eddie VanHalen or Stevie Ray Vaughn and i might believe you..

Quite a challenge, considering that skill with a guitar after a certain point becomes subjective. You can just deny the skill of anyone I bring up.

Buckethead, Paul Gilbert, Jeff Loomis, Muhammed Suicmez, Jari Maenpaa, and Christian Muenzner.

Those are just a few I know the names of. Considering the main genre of music I listen to is TECHNICAL Death Metal, musicians of insane talent are anything but rare.

Not always! Nicking Minaj's new song "stupid hoe" is a really insightful viewpoint of an average, middle class citezen. Its lyrics were well thought out, and its addition to the music industry gave me hope that not all music these days is bad.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +6Reply

Today there's more bad than good, but if you look into it there's a lot of good stuff . Also it doesn't mean that doesn't mean there wasn't any crap music back then, they had their fair share too.

All of the current MAINSTREAM music sucks.

@Boufaka All of the current MAINSTREAM music sucks.

Now, come on. Its not all terrible. There's got to be ONE song you like that's mainstream.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@mchalla3 Now, come on. Its not all terrible. There's got to be ONE song you like that's mainstream.

The only mainstream music I've liked is when I liked the song ages before it made it to the radio. Those aren't usually mainstream artists though, like All Time Low or Good Charlotte. I don't like the mainstream artists because they don't have any striking singing talent, just some producers and whatnot that are good at working some computers and machines.

@All Time Low isn't mainstream? Wow, I guess I learn something new every day.

I began to like them 6 years ago so it's different. Just because they are mainstream now doesn't mean that I will stop liking them.

@Boufaka The only mainstream music I've liked is when I liked the song ages before it made it to the radio. Those aren't...

So you're saying Katy Perry and Adele are not talented?
Lets not forget Bruno Mars.

Mainstream or not, i believe these artists are not reaching their full potential. Is that what you meant?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@mchalla3 So you're saying Katy Perry and Adele are not talented? Lets not forget Bruno Mars. Mainstream or not, i believe...

They let the media tell them what to sing and how to sing it because they are more interested in the money and the fame instead of the music. I would respect them and maybe even like them if it wasn't for that.

Mac Miller FTW!

GrimFluxs avatar GrimFlux Yeah You Are -10Reply