+103

Compared to English, science is the better course to have/teach because there's always new and exciting stuff happening to talk about. For instance, a deadly bacteria or a newly discovered planet. Nothing ever exciting happens in English. "Yo, check this out, so I capitalized this word the other day...," amirite?

Arcanes avatar Education
10 13
The voters have decided that Arcane is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Science class is only as interesting as the teacher who teaches it.

how can science be 'best' compared to something? Wouldn't it be 'better'?

If you were doing a science class that learnt things like that, you probably wouldn't be studying that level of english, though. I don't know how it works in your english class, but I'm pretty sure most classes don't sit around talking about punctuation and grammar.

mashs avatar mash No Way +6Reply

It's not like new literature comes out everyday/week/month in the paper, poetry publications, new books, and screenplays for movies 0_0

Wynauts avatar Wynaut No Way +4Reply

deciphering what the hell a poet is rambling on about isn't fun or what the author was really getting at drives me batshit crazy but I love linguisitcs :)

@deciphering what the hell a poet is rambling on about isn't fun or what the author was really getting at drives me...

hahah I agree and yeah linguistics is good. but most students really don't wanna waste class time by talking about linguistics

Arcanes avatar Arcane Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Arcane hahah I agree and yeah linguistics is good. but most students really don't wanna waste class time by talking about...

There is very little linguistics in the ciriciulum if any. It's mostly identifying with the author, hidden meaning, literary devices and compositions.

To grammar nazis, dangling modifiers are exciting because they're funny. :D

I'm in Law right now and almost everyday, my teacher comes into class with a new case and we discuss our opinions and things like that. I think this subject is the "best" course because there really are new things in the world that are happening each and every day.

lgreenbergs avatar lgreenberg Yeah You Are -1Reply